Wednesday, 15 April 2015

Daisy daisy...

Happy Wednesday,

Give me your answer do! lol  I keep being asked when my daisy Corner Elements stamp set is back in stock, I am reliably informed that it will be back in about a weeks time.

Today's card is my inspiration for the Creative Expressions design team and blog, you can have a look what the rest of the design team have come up with with my stamps and Phill Martins cosmic Shimmer range by clicking HERE.  I must say its been brilliant to see what others can come up with my stamps!

I stared by making the background using Sue Wilson's Triple stamping technique which she demonstrated on her last shows on Create and Craft.  I used cobalt foundation card cut into there panels and stacked together and stamped over the edges using Adirondack Snow cap white ink and the largest daisy from my stamp set.  I separated the stack and bordered each piece with a thin mat of silver foundation card, this fools your eye into thinking the daisies flow over the edges between the layers.





To make the central element I used the new Sticky embossing powder form creative Expressions.  I stamped my daisy triplet stamp using perfect medium, added the sticky embossing powder and heat set it.  This embossing powder, from Cosmic Shimmer, stays sticky once it has been heat set which allows you rot add glitter or mica etc however the main use for this is with gilding flakes.  I love stamping with gilding flakes however I find cleaning the glue off my stamp a little laborious so this is perfect for me.  I rubbed over the raised are with silver dream gilding flakes and rubbed off the excess using a piece of Rubit Scrubit foam.  This reveals the stamped design and removes any excess flakes, it doesn't damage the image either which is goof as I can be a bit heavy handed at times!

I cut this out using the outline die from the new quilted blocks triplet and mounted it onto a piece of coconut white foundation card and from mounted it onto the background.

Next I repeated this process using the main element form the Daisy Corner elements set and mounted this again with coconut white foundation card.  I foam mounted this over the triplet image which I had placed on one side.  I also added one of the sentiments from the set "you are the daisy in my chain!'


Ingredients:
Creative Expressions clear stamps - daisy Corner elements by John Lockwood
Creative Expressions Craft dies by Sue Wilson - Quilted blocks triplet
Cosmic Shimmer sticky embossing powder
Silver dream gilding flakes
Cobalt & coconut white foundation card

Enjoy...

36 comments:

  1. Morning John, lovely colour combination in todays card, and a thrilling technique, hope we see more of this.

    Have a happy Wednesday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John another great card. I am looking forward to your demo on Saturday, I can't wait to see your stamping technique.

    Maggie in Solihull

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John.
    Thank you a beautyful card Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. another masterpiece!
    love the stamps, and the bubbles would also make a nice card on their own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John, a fabulous card. I haven,t seen this sticky embossing powder yet
    by the sounds of it it is like Ally,s heat n boss.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card & love the shade of blue you have used.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning. A card you notice!
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning John, Beautiful card love this technique and the colours, thanks for sharing,
    Junex (Cumbria)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John.
    Love the card made using a great technique and the Cobalt blue is gorgeous. I love the sound of the new sticky embossing powder, I will be getting some of that for sure : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card today, the sticky embossing powder sounds very interesting! Take care all, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John, A lovely card, very elegant.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning John,

    Fabulous card, Ang will think we are in cahoots again as the card I have posted today is made using your Daisy Corner stamp lol! Hope you like it?
    Have a great day

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! Sticky embossing powder! Glue on a stamp has not worked for me - I ended up with half of the card still stuck to the stamp! Probably why the few stamps I own ended up at the back of the drawer I love this effect using gilding flakes

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John, Fabulous card and love the cobalt colour with the gold and your gorgeous stamp!this technique really suits the daisy.Thanks for your inspiration.Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning John,
    Lovely card, great colour.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another gorgeous card John, love the blue and the stamp is very pretty,
    XxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning John
    Another stunning card, I do love this stamp - one to get
    Hugs
    Carol,x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another beautiful card John (sorry nearly called you Julia, as I call in all the blogs each day). You looked to be really enjoying yourself at the shown last weekend. Crafty Regards Julie Kay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good morning John, the silver and blue work so well together with your stamps. Not heard of this embossing powder before so something else to add to the list! Have a good day, love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John,
    What a simply stunning card, the colours are perfect together.
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good morning John this is a stunning card. I love the triple stamping technique I think I will try it on a card I am making for a friend. I like the sound of the embossing powder I to don't like cleaning the glue off my stamps but I do love gilding flakes. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Eh up John
    Well, this is a stylish marriage (even if Daisys wasn't hahaha!). So rich looking with the dark blue and opulent with the gilding.
    About time that CE did sticky E powder as you know, I've been a fan of the Ranger one. Haven't used it for a while so thanks for the reminder.
    Have a great day. . . Get some Sun on you today or you'll be turning into a vampire!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Spooky I have just placed an order for these stamps - so a great idea to try them out on, when they arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John

    Gorgeous. A real stunner.

    The extra panel on the triple stamping elevates this to something really special. Plus it's blue so I'm almost guaranteed to like it ;)

    Hugs

    T xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great stamps, and what a great way to use them
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John
    Fantastic card and stamps
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John,great stamps great show at AP Saturday I love all your stamps & I bought this set. & will be adding the rest of the range.
    Lynda Brock x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello John, What a stunning card love these stamps and this cobalt blue card is just FAB. Thank you for sharing, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John.
    What a stunning card and what a stunning technique. I'll be glad when your Daisy die is back in stock. Love the colours you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fab card and love this triple stsmping technique but still not done it yet!! Love the sticky embossing powder too as it soooo useful so really pleased that CE have decided to add it to their arsenal of crafty goodies xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi John, beautiful, stunning I love it.
    Regards Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi John,
    better late than never........... Just a short comment before I hit the hay............ Your card is beautiful, love the techniques used and also the colours in it. And I'M SO PLEASED THAT YOU'VE USED THAT STICKY EMBOSSING POWDER, I was looking at that the other day wondering how I would use it. Like you, I don't like stamping with the glue for gilding flakes because of the amount of cleaning required etc, but this will be perfect! Thank you for sharing with us.
    HAGD, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  33. Fabulous design, clever techniques, gorgeous stamp and stunning colour. Yes, I love it! Pat x

    ReplyDelete