Wednesday, 8 April 2015

Creative Wednesday...

Happy Creative Wednesday,

Well its my turn for the DT inspiration for Creative Expressions blog again today and this month we have all been given Phill Martin cosmic shimmer and My stamp sets to play with.  Once again I have chosen the Daisy corner and the decent denim (my favourite colour from {his Decadent collection).

I stated this one by stamping the main element in the Daisy Corner elements stamp set in perfect medium.  I then added cosmic shimmer true detail what embossing powder and heat set it onto sky blue foundation card.  I cur the stand image out using one of the square dies in the Spellbinders 6x6 matting basics A.





To make the background I die cut the New York background die in the sky blue however I cut this down the middle and made the rectangular die cut into a square.  I then added a piece of CE Double sided adhesive sheet to the reverse , stuck it down to a square of Cobalt foundation card and added mulled wine gilding flakes to the front.  I subbed off the excess with a piece of Rubbit Scrubbit which revealed the die cut and polished the gilding flakes.

I the  ink sprayed a piece of white seam binding using the Decadent Denim ink spray mister to give a variegated look and tied with around the background.  Next I foam mounted the stamped image, now on a cobalt mat, over the background and ribbon and added a hand tied bow in the variegated seam binding finishing with a small pearl embellishment.


Yo finish the stamped image I added decadent denim PVA pearl dots to some of the bubbles stamped around the edge (the beauty of this stamp is that it gives you the perfect place to place the pearl dots!)

To finish the card I embossed an 18x18cm square piece of the sky blue using the new CE textures embossing folder scored lines.  I rubbed the same denim colour over the embossed areas this time using the gilding wax that matches, I rubbed it off with a dry wet wipe to make the piece shine.

The remainder of the card is made up as you can see finishing with a 21x21cm (just over 8" for our imperial friends) layer of the cobalt.


Click HERE to have a look at the Creative Expressions blog and see what the rest of the design team have come up with their combinations!

Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson - New York Background
Phill Martin's cosmic shimmer Decadent Denim
Gilding wax
PVA Pearl glue
Ink spray mister
Daisy corner clear stamp set by me!
Sky blue & Cobalt foundation card
CE Textures embossing folder (8x8 size) Scored Lines
White seam binding

Enjoy...

37 comments:

  1. Morning John, love the card today, all the elements go so well together, fantastic.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy everyone, hugs June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John.
    Thank you take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card, love the daisy stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the clear instructions. A lovely card.
    Jan
    Northamptom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John, thank you for another gorgeous creation, love the colours and the layout. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow-gorgeous card, love the colours.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stunning card John , love everything about it!
    XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card John and your stamp looks great, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John. Great card, I love your corner Daisy stamp. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous John, i really like the Daisy Stamp and style of this one .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's so much I like about this card The colours,dies, everything I hope to stock up with card, your stamps, dies and Phill's stuff on Sunday - if ther's anything left!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning John, Beautiful, love this card, thanks for sharing! Junex (Cumbria)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning John
    This card is stunning, so beautiful and delicate
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John,a beauty again today and I love the Daisy stamp ,so dainty! Take care JaneB.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning John,
    I'm waiting for my scored lines E/F to arrive, hopefully today than I can have a go at your lovely card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John,
    Lovely lovely card, colours are fabbie and the EF really makes it pop.
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John, LOVE This card, it all works so well together. Thank you for all the inspiration you bring to us. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John
    Another stunner today. Your stamps are so lovely. All the elements used work so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John. I love this card-it looks so clean.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love all the shapes on your card John, but it's hard to kind of see the daisies on my monitor. I don't think I would have used white on that light blue, myself.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Eh up John
    I have to be honest and say, I'm not mad for the dark pearl drops as they distract me from your beautiful stamp as does the tie dye effect on the binding.but love everything else, especially the embossing. That folder looks very useful.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful John, Great design, love this stamp, I have made a card with it I just have not got it onto my blog yet, maybe on Friday! Won't be as near as good as your though lol!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John,
    what a gorgeous card, love what you've done with the background and the ribbon. Will have a stroll round the CE blog to see what other people have come up with.
    HAGD, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the embossing folder. I'm waiting for mine to arrive. It's another lovely card.
    Love
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the embossing folder. I'm waiting for mine to arrive. It's another lovely card.
    Love
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John, stunning card, love the stamp(must get one)embossing folder(must get one) have Phill's set of colours in the lovely mint green, so hope to have a go at this card, love it.
    Regards Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi John wow yet another stunning card, you never fail to bring beautiful designs, will be looking to buy the CE scored lines folder....love Kathy x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very calm and serene today.
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  30. How beautiful. I love that Daisy corner stamp. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi John, beautiful cards. Love using your stamps, even had to get the mica powder out after your demo. Cannot wait till next time xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi John, A beautiful card, gorgeous colours, and my favourite stamp.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi John,
    Beautiful card, not sure about the colour but might
    be my computers fault. Have a good evening
    Hope to meet you Saturday
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Fabulous card John, the colours are beautiful and that stamp is one of my favourites. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lovely card John! Love the design and colours you've chosen. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi John
    I love this card a lovely design & colours. Your stamps are beautiful,
    Hope to meet you Saturday at A P.
    Lynda Brock xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Another winner - love it and still waiting for this EF to arrive so can't wait to use it xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete