Wednesday, 1 April 2015

Creative Wednesday Its Blue and me ...

Happy Wednesday,

Its the first of the month which means a new challenge over at the Creative Expressions blog.  This month the design team have been given a range of Phil Martin's Cosmic Shimmer colours and a few of my stamp sets.  Therefore there should be loads of inspiration over at the CE blog, click HERE to have a look and see what the new challenge is.  It would be great to see some of your work up there and its a brilliant way to get your work noticed!

For today's card I chose the most popular of my stamps to die for the daisy triplet stamp.  I started by cleaning a piece of heat resistant acetate with an anti static bag.  Next I stamped the image using perfect medium, covered it in cosmic shimmer detail white embossing powder and heat set it.  Always remember to let your heat gun get to temperature for a minute before trying to set the embossing powder: this way you avoid warping the acetate by limiting the time it is heated (all heat guns take a minute or so to get get to a heat that will set the powders)



Next I foam mounted the piece over a strip of foundation card that I had covered with CE double sided adhesive and covered with Phil Martins decadent Denim mica.  I then added a frame, cut with the outline die from the bevelled glass striplet, in sky blue foundation card.  I added a few PVA pearl dots using again Phil's denim and set it aside to dry.

To make the background I sprayed the matching ink spray mister over another piece of the sky blue and also a length of white seam binding.  I scrunched the seam binding up so that I got a variegated look if you want a straight colour simply generously scary the length of ribbon until it is completely covered.  I dried each piece off with my heat gun then matted the background up using layers of cobalt and more sky blue foundation card.

I tied the ribbon arround the central stamped image and added the sentiment, from my daisy Corner Elements clear stamp set, in CS true what detail embossing powder and cut it out using Sue's take die.put the card together as shown and tied it to the ribbon with a messy bow.  Finally I added a dazzler from the new Aqua dazzlers set by Creative Expressions which has four different colours of dazzlers and comes in a large size or as a mixed set with 4 different sizes.

Pop over to the Creative Expressions blog to see what the rest of the design team have come up with using a selection of my stamps and Phil's cosmic colours!

Enjoy...

25 comments:

  1. wow, another stunning card
    this one really stands out

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just lovely John, everything about it including the colours!
    XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John, A gorgeous card, fabulous colours and I'm loving your compilation, especially the detailed powder onto acetate with the coloured and mica'd card underneath, all complemented by the spritzed layer, gorgeous !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John, a really beautiful card, love everything about it, really need to try my heat embossable acetate again, so this has given me the inspiration. have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John,
    Love your beautiful card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely shades of blue , and a very lovely card.x
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John,
    A beautiful card, your daisy stamp is just adorable.
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Stunning John, love the spritzed background and your stamp of course lol!

    Beautiful arrangement and although it's all Blue it does not look too much either.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John
    Stunning card again John, where do you get the ideas from - love the background it really pops
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super card John, I've never tried heat embossing acetate, so I really should, one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. An absolutely fabulous creation

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eh up John
    Beautiful design and terrific blue colour palette. Love the sprayed background to as it give a super effect.
    Off to be "scary" to some ribbon now hahaha!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Liking what you have done here John, love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John
    I haven't done any heat embossing onto acetate for ages you've just reminded me how fabulous the finished results look. I love what you've done for the challenge I'm off to see what the others have done x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John,
    I love your card today all except the ribbon(sorry) the rest of the card is beautiful and i really like the dark blue framing the paler colour of blue. I can understand why your daisy stamp is popular as it is a lovely design and can be used in all sorts of cards.
    Thank you for todays inspiration
    Crafty hugs
    Norah (Glenochil)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's really gorgeous Blue is such a favourite of mine I love the background and feel sure that mine would turn out to be a dribble mess!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John, wow what a beautiful card again and I love the dies. Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow John this is a gorgeous card. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John
    I just love this card. Your stamps are very popular and are a credit to the Creative Expressions Portfolio. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic card and using some fab techniques that I haven't used since I attended project classes which unfortunately have now closed - but feel a misting and scrumpling session coming on!! The Daisy Striplet stamp is lovely - got the skeleton leaves stamp but not this one - may have to remedy that!! xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card John, love your matt and layering. Take care, Brenda

    ReplyDelete