Wednesday, 22 April 2015

Creative Wednesday Double Trouble...

Happy Wednesday,

There is double trouble on today's DT card for Creative Expressions as its a mash up of my Stamps and Phill Martin's Cosmic shimmer colours!  I think they mix together quite well.

I started with selecting the beautiful Decadent Oak range as you know I love browns and beige's.  I thought the colour


would work really well with the Ginger Foundation card which, of course, I had to mix with Chestnut foundation card as they go together so well and it really sets of the oak colour.

I stamped the Skeleton leaves striplet stamp in perfect medium all around a square of the ginger card cut to 20x20cm and dusted the decadent oak mica all over the surface.  Once this is dusted off, using a soft brush and polished the piece using a dry wet wipe, there is a beautiful watermark in the oak colour which shines when it catches the light.

I then took another piece of the ginger, this time cut to a 15 x 15cm square, and repeated the technique however I stamped the striplet in stripes across the front of the card.  I cut this piece into a frame using the larger square die in the Herald square set from Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions.  I then mounted this onto a piece of the chestnut and, using my craft knife and Sue's piercing ruler, cut out a border on each side.

I then stamped the sentiment form the Lotus Flower elements set in black archival ink onto a piece of the ginger and foam mounted the frame over this.  To make the focal element I stamped the large leaves and the medium sized flower form my Dogflower elements set in black on the scarp pieces of the ginger card.  I cut these out, by hand!, and rimmed the leaves with the Decadent Oak twinkles and used the same for the centres of the flowers.  Once dry I foam mounted these around the frame to add some interest.

Finally I added a few layers of the Ginger and Chestnut with foam tape and added the whole piece to the first stamped panel I had already made.

Hopefully a great men's card made with men's products!

Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Clear Stamps by John Lockwood
Dogflower Frame Elements set
Lotus Frame Elements set
Skeleton Leaves striplet stamp
Phill Martin Cosmic Shimmer Decadent Oak
Twinkles & Mica
Ginger & Chestnut foundation card

There will be an extra post today to remind you to tune in for my shows on Create and Craft and Ideal world s keep your eyes pealed!

Enjoy...


32 comments:

  1. lovely card, not sure on the colour though....too dark for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John.
    Thank you very nice card. I shall be recording today's shows. Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John, love this card. Had to tape the show last night but will be watching it this morning and also all the others, yes they are tapeing as well.

    Have a great Wednesday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John, a fab. card but like Carol another colour would suit me better looking forward to watching all your shows today have set to record them all so I don't miss any as I'm in and out all day.
    Just to say your clock seems to be an hour out it confused me the first day I commented but I didn't notice it after that till this morning someone didn't change it.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John,

    Fabulous card, great for a Man! Love the colours, very rich and warm.

    Have got all shows set on record so I don't miss any whilst i am at work lol!

    Have a great day

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning John your card is gorgeous I love the colours they are very striking. Good luck with the shows today I hope it all goes well for you and Sue. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John, A great looking men's card not sure of the colour though.hope to watch you today .Take care JaneB.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card especially for a man.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the colours on this card John!
    Look forward to your shows,
    XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning John,
    Love the design of your card, not too keen on the colour though it's a bit dark.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brown is not a colour I usually use but I love this card - maybe it will give me some inspiration.
    Con

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John,
    Lovely card, the browns really do look good together, very autumnal!
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this card, the colours everything about it. Super for a man, Thanks for the inspiration. Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Card stunning John
    Lovely to see you and your cards last night
    Looking forward to seeing more today
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John. Enjoying your shows on C&C and thanks for all the tips. I must make the effort and wash my Spellbinders plates now! Beautiful card today. Hope you enjoy your day at C&C. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eh up John
    You and your ginger card lol!
    Very autumnal look to your card but with a richness.
    Having stayed up to keep you company last night then getting up to watch you at 8 I can only imagine how tired you are.
    Soldier on matey. You're doing a sterling job!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A great design John! Love the colour you've chosen. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning John, Like the design but not the ginger card today, love the chestnut with a paler shade for me! Recording and watching shows today, thanks for sharing!
    love Junex (Cumbria)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Brilliant card John, I am recording all the shows today. And I am really looking forward to your new stamp release. Crafty Regards Julie Kay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good card John. I had to leave for work this morning half way through your first card, you and Howard seemed to be getting along okay, hope the rest of the day is stress free and enjoyable for you - your hands certainly don't shake as much as they used to.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good morning John though you have been up for hours already I know. I like the colours you have chosen here and a lovely design. Thoroughly enjoying the shows and the techniques you have shown so far, even the messy PVA glue being spread on the acetate this morning. Looking forward to the rest of the shows, love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the card John, I'm still waiting to find out how to buy the Cherry Blossom Elements stamp set. I can't find them . Saw you on I.W last night, and looking forward to Sue on C&C today.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John,
    beautiful card. Not just for men. I'd do it in another colour as I'm not really a fan of brown.
    Brilliant show last night - I Loved the way you got out of trouble on last night's show. The samples were stunning - thank you for all the work you put in. The basket was exquisite.
    Have a great day today - I shall be watching.
    Best wishes, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very different and effective, especially the colour. Fell asleep during last night's program but loved the demo I saw. Will catch the rest when I can.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John

    Lovely card, using colours that, tbh, I was unsure about!

    I have been watching you and Sue last night and all day, you've done a grand job, great demos and very informative.

    Hugs

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great card for the men John, the colours are fab. Recorded all the shows and hope to watch them soon. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great shows and fab card.
    You didn't break the GC. You said you were not a night owl at the start. You are just as normal as us. The plates were in the wrong order That was all. Hope you had a great day
    love
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great shows and fab card.
    You didn't break the GC. You said you were not a night owl at the start. You are just as normal as us. The plates were in the wrong order That was all. Hope you had a great day
    love
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John

    Just wanted to say that you've done great over the last couple of days. Your demo's were superb, you explained the techniques so well - clearly and explained why you approached things in a certain fashion. You gave us so many useful tips too- the sticky dots on the bow was a revelation! The whole team made some simply beautiful samples and you and Sue can be proud of lots of sales and a job well done.

    Hugs

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi John

    Just wanted to say that you've done great over the last couple of days. Your demo's were superb, you explained the techniques so well - clearly and explained why you approached things in a certain fashion. You gave us so many useful tips too- the sticky dots on the bow was a revelation! The whole team made some simply beautiful samples and you and Sue can be proud of lots of sales and a job well done.

    Hugs

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  31. fab card and fab shows today well done to you ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fab card John and minus the flowers perfec for a male recipient too xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete