Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Monday, 27 April 2015

Blue Monday...

Happy Monday,
I wanted to say thank you to the lovely people of Blackpool I had a fab time on Saturday.  Please remember if you want to know where I will be popping up next just check the demo page at the top of my blog.  I will be at the Glitter Pot next weekend for 2 days showing more of my die cut demos as well as some stamping and premiering the new Colour Cloud blending inks that Creative Expressions have been beavering away on for the last few months, come and say Hi if you want to see what I am waffling about!

After the brightness of yesterday I thought it would be nice to show something in my favourite colour, Blue of course! lol  I have also been asked on email if I could show this card in more detail as It wasn't shown for very long on Ideal & C&C!  I really enjoyed making this card as I simply love this Greek Island collection border the Ivy is so stunning!



I stated by die cutting the Greek Border 4 times form Periwinkle foundation card making sure I embossed each piece (there is a lovely foliage pattern that shows when you emboss the die)  Next I hand cut a frame in coconut foundation card at 20cm x 20cm which I mounted onto a piece of periwinkle card and cut this to frame the frame (if that makes sense).  I then added the four ivy pieces overlapping each one with the subsequents.  I also arranged the leaves from the edges so that they overlapped the inside of the frame, this is  not easy to explain the best advice is to try it and see how it falls!

I foam mounted the frame over a piece of the white which I had embossed with the new CE 8x8 scored lines embossing folder.  To make up the remainder of the card I added a layer of the white just to frame the card.

To make the centre section I used the largest die from the Rhodes set in the white and also in the periwinkle.  I then added the filigree die form the set to the periwinkle and die cut the pattern in it.  This was then foam mounted onto the white piece and I decorated it with 3mm white stick on pearls.  I then cut a layer in the white card and added a piece cut in the periwinkle with the next smallest die in  the set to which I added more of the pearls.  I finally added a piece cut with the smallest die in the set in white.  At this stage I stuck the bottom 2 layers down to the card leaving the remaining 3 to to attached after the sentiment panel

To make the sentiment panel I cut the middle sized die in the pierced flags set and rotated the die to cut the other end in a flag extending the pattern (this die does not have a cut on the straight edge so you can extend the flag and make it double ended.  I then cut 2 of the largest flags, stamped the blue with the sentiment and stuck the 2 larger flags on the rear.  I then placed this over the centre panel and, using glue dots and a bit of cosmic shimmer dries clear glue, stuck each side down twisting the flag so that it raises from the card each side of the main element.  I then added the final centre element form the Rhodes set to finish.

Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson
Greek Island collection border, corner and tags
Rhodes
Pierced Flags
Periwinkle and Coconut white foundation card
3mm White pearls

UI have had a couple of comments and a lady (i am terrible with names!) at my demo day in Blackpool on saturday to please not turn off my auto correct as everyone finds my nonsensical typing amusing!  long may the form and bad spelling continue then, its as much fun as I reread my posts although I do cringe a great deal!

Enjoy...

53 comments:

  1. Morning John, what a fantastic card to see first thing in the morning, spring is in the air, I so love the Periwinkle card and you have created a masterpiece, love it.

    PS Keep the auto correct turned OFF please, you are so funny.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy everyone, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John.
    A beautiful card thank you, I love the way you write, it shows you brain is going faster than your hands.Have a great day Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning John, what a beauty of a card today. Love the periwinkle and white. The vines look wonderful and love all the detail you put on this card. Have a wonderful day and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John. What a lovely card, (I am so glad that we share blue as our favourite colour, this perriwinkle is still the best) thank you for giving it a good airing so that we can really enjoy it. The Greek Island ivy borders are gorgeous, that is one that I will have to get now, and the Scored Lines EF is already at the top of my "must get" list : )
    I am another reader that enjoys your writing, don't change it please : ) Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is a stunning card. Love the colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John a fabulous card and so classy in the blue and white love it.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, such a beautiful card john

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John,

    Stunning card, the Ivy looks fabulous. I love the layout on this one too.

    Glad you had a great day on Saturday, hope you got some rest yesterday lol!

    Have a great day today lol!

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the ivy makes a lovely frame. I shall have to buy some periwinkle card - it is so pretty.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card-so much detail on it. Glad you had fun crafting in Blackpool. I too, love your autocorrect spellings-brightens up my morning!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the colours the dies are divine. I am glad you had a brilliant day yesterday. Thank you for commenting on my blog. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John, I'm so glad you have shown this card in detail it's beautiful. I agree with the lady in Blackpool don't use your auto correct it's not you otherwise ( if you know what I mean ) I have been playing with my pick of the week and tried a version of one of the cards you demoed (the buckle card) my daughters love it. I'm off work with a bad back at the moment and am enjoying watching the demos I taped and trying to follow as I am going on. Can only manage 1 card at a time but crafting is therapy as far as I'm concerned. Keep up the good work. I'm hoping you do manage to have a workshop at Daisy's. Keep up the great work you've given me my card craft mojo back.
    Maggie in Solihul

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card John, the blue really is a great colour for it , blue ivy ....it just works!!
    We all know the joys of auto correct ...so carry on ..we can all keep smiling!
    XxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John,great looking card today and I love the colour.Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card in my favourite colour I live your spellings too It jabbers to the bset of us especially whim predictive text joins in too! Makes for hilariovs reading lol!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Eh up John
    Another Wedgewoodesque beauty. Its a lovely colour combo and design.
    As for your typing, its like reading the policemans script from Allo Allo some days lol! I shall say this only once! Hahaha!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning John

    Love this card - you are on the same colour theme as Sue

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Morning John,
    Gorgeous card, I love the ivy die it's stunning,
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good morning John such a good idea to use the ivy die in this way to make a border,and what's wrong with blue ivy! Super card and I'm intrigued as to what colour cloud bleeding inks are (I assume you are not swearing!) love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Morning John, I love the colour, I love the ivy die, I love the central panels and the flags, a gorgeous card.
    I seem to be the only one, but I must admit to being a lover of the 'written word' and 'spelling', it must be the 'Secretary' in me hahaha.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello John, wow this card is incredible. Love all the detail, and a classic and beautiful colour combo. Thanks for sharing the detail. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John
    Love your beautiful ivy card today, my favourite colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John, a stunning card. Thank you for the complete breakdown of how this was made!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John,
    What a beautiful card!!
    I don't know how you come up with all these ideas, but so glad you do!
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John, you have used my favourite blue here, doesn't it look stunning wth these dies. This really is a beautiful card. Love it! Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card - love it all xx I agree re: auto correct and it makes us put our little grey cells into gear!!! ! Which is always good for me - my favourite is 'toady' lol xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love that blue too, though it never occurred to me to cut the ivy in it. I don't have the other dies, but I do have some that are similar, so mine would not be exactly the same, but I quite like that.

    Yes, your 'form/from' typing blindness makes me smile, but then I have a problem that my spacer bar doesn;t always work, and all my words end up joined together!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a beautiful card John, you are so clever. Crafty Regards Julie Kay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi John
    I just love this card. Not to sure if I have these dies or not. I have been known to buy two of the same die before, so I'll check first. Love how you've made the ivy into a frame. I to love your misprints on your typing.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Morning John, Thank-you so much for seeing my request to see this card, I spent a couple of hours on Saturday fast forwarding all the shows to find it and of course it was in the last one! It's fabulous in colour and design I love it , I tried a version of it as I haven't got this embossing folder yet and mine is Aqua and white with the roses folder. Thank-you for sharing! I am with Patricia on the spelling thing and I too was a shorthand- typist so it must be our training! We wouldn't have dared send anything out with a spelling mistake! How things have changed! love Junex (Cumbria)

    ReplyDelete
  32. beautiful card. Have not got all the stuff but will try a version of it

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is a beautiful way to start the week. Gorgeous card John.
    still reeling that I missed Saturday
    love
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is a beautiful way to start the week. Gorgeous card John.
    still reeling that I missed Saturday
    love
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lovely card John, the ivy die is so pretty & will be so useful for Christmas cards too. The periwinkle card is a gorgeous colour and I really like the dies that you've used in the centre. Glad you enjoyed Blackpool and hope you have managed to squeeze in time for relaxation too. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  36. only one word for this John.......STUNNING!!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Lovely card John.
    WOW just noticed you followers number!!
    Love Nancy in sunny Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hello John,

    What a clever way to use the border die, I love it, the color and the whole layout are just perfect. I like seeing you on the craft channel, the hints and tips that you give are very useful. I especially like how you tape your dies together so that you are assured the die cuts will be the same, especially when there is an aperture. That way you retain the embossing which I really like.instead of having a flat die cut.when you tape the two die cuts together to cut the aperture.. The only negative thing about the shows is that you just get a glimpse of the cards that have been created and then they have moved onto the next one. After all the time that goes into creating your samples it's a shame we can't appreciate them more. Thanks though for the great pictures on your blog.
    Keep up the great job.

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  39. I really love this one John! Beautiful colour and such an unusual design.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Such a lot of work John but well worth the effort. A truly beautiful card.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  41. Lovely card John, I do love blue and white. xx

    ReplyDelete
  42. It is a lovely card - Sue tried to give this card an extra plug on one of her shows.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi John, managed to catch up on your Ideal world shows last night,FABULOUS, loved all your samples and the tips will be a great help. Love this card it's beautiful. So sad I did not manage to get to Strikes on Saturday but fingers crossed you will visit there again. Please do not alter anything about your blogs John, we love them! Take care, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  44. John this is fab love the ivy looks great ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love the colours and layout here, John,blue ivy looks good.
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  46. Beautiful card John, I love it, you have such amazing designs.
    Regards Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Wow that is an absolutely stunning card and I so love the colour you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Wonderful card. Amazing, actually. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  49. This is really beautiful and such a clever design. Loving the blue too x

    ReplyDelete
  50. Lovely card John, thank's, you make it so easy to follow, please don't change, you have it right.

    ReplyDelete
  51. I wanted to say that this card is absolutely stunning but someone has already said that... wonderful, beautiful, gorgeous... I am back to absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  52. I had to come back to tell you that I made a version of this card and am absolutely delighted with it. The card is smaller than yours at 150mm x 150mm but I love it and have had many compliments. Sorry I can't seem to upload a picture so you will have to take my word for it.
    Thanks for the inspiration.

    Jan from NSW (Aus)

    ReplyDelete