Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Tuesday, 3 February 2015

More time for Teal...

Happy Technique Tuesday,

Today's card is again made using one of the demo pieces form my day at High Legh last Saturday, I don't like waste so I have tried to make all the pieces I demoed into finished cards or projects. I thought it would also make a great technique, I wanted to show that by using the three separate dies in each Gemini die you can get so many different shapes and looks! When I demo I like to show whichever techniques those attending would like to see, one lady (sorry I am terrible with names) asked me to show how the Gemini Dies worked and what you could do with them.  The pieces I made to demonstrate this all came together in this card!



I started by cutting the centre filigree section of the die on the edge of a piece of Teal foundation card along with the edge die from one side (for those of you still a little unsure of the Gemini dies they have a centre panel along with a separate border cutting edge for each side meaning that you can cut the centre with an edge on either side or use both edges to cut a whole shape)  I then rotated the die and cut the other side of the piece of card to make the shape shown.  I then used just the edge dies and cut a piece of milk foundation card the same size and laid it behind the teal piece.  Sue Wilson has shows on Create and Craft this weekend and will hopefully be demoing the Gemini dies, personally I can't wait!

Next I cut a whole piece of the Lyra die in the teal then cut a mat for this in Milk card using just the 2 outline dies.














To make the card I added a piece of teal card cut with the outlines and embossed with the CE A4 embossing folder Art Deco Fanfare and foam mounted this on the front.  I then added the whole Lyra piece, with foam tape again, in the centre.

I made the card base by folding a piece of A4 card in half and cutting the bottom edge with the matching edge die and added the front piece.




Finally I added a die cut fancy rectangular frame in Milk, a sentiment stamped in detail white on teal and a teal seem binding bow.

I know there is a lot to take in on this card and I hope the explanation helps a bit!  The best thing to do with your Gemini Dies is to play with them and see what they can do!







Ingredients:
Creative Expression dies by Sue Wilson
Gemini - Lyra
Dainty Rectangular frame
CE A4 embossing folder Art Deco Fanfare
Teal & Milk foundation card
Teal Seem binding


Enjoy...



46 comments:

  1. This is absolutely magnificent. Teal is one of my favorites. And I have not tried the Gemini Dies but I sure want to now. Thank you for hosing us all the awesome ideas and ways to make absolutely beautiful cards. I love your ideas and your blog. Hugs, CathyK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John.
    Thank you for the brilliant Ideas, Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card and thank you for the master class in using the Gemini dies. Brilliant!

    Marion B xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello John, well this is just amazing, how gorgeous are those edges, and a beautiful colour combo, I really need to get some teal card, but at least as I have the Lyra die, I can give this a go in other colours. Thank you for the inspiration, you are very creative. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card thanks for the inspiration xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, such beautiful details on it.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card John, love the Teal card and how you have used the die, beautiful.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John, I loved watching you create these beautiful die-cuts, unfortunately you sold out the Lyra dies at High Legh before I could get one haha, the teal card is one of my favourites and also the art deco fanfare embossing folder is one of my favourites too. This card is fabulous !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there

      I was the lady sat next to you, Christine.....great to meet you in person x

      If you'd like to stay in touch pls email me at leena.ca3@me.com

      Delete
  9. Fabulous John, striking with the colour tone and the dies are really shown off to best effect!
    XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  10. another fab card ,looks like waves in the sea like it ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  11. stunning card again john, and no waste!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab John,, great expression of dies,xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John, what a fabulous card and a gorgeous colour!I have got the Lyra die so will use it to make my next card take care love Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! Not used it yet but I have this Gemini collection die Not used it yet but boy! I'll definitely be playing with this layout And it so happens I have the folder It's very rare I ever have all of the components! Justt need to get some teal card hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning John
    Gorgeous card love it - love the teal colour you have used, one of my favourite colours
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that lyra die, gorgeous card lovely colours.
    Hugs Theresa (TOB) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow John this is a gorgeous card I love the die and I never would have thought of using it like this. Thank you for the inspiration. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning John,
    A great way to use the waste, makes for a beautiful card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow John, I got that die a few days ago, and haven't had time to try it out. So you can keep coming with ideas to use it! Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really like the bottom edge on this card and the color is rich. A winner.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John a lovely card. I have the lyra die but not used it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This card really shows how versatile this die is. (and how not to waste any experiments) So many ways to use it. Just stunning
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh John a really super and beautiful card love the rich colour too such an elegant bow.
    Hugs
    Margaret corgi owner

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John,
    Just beautiful - I must admit I always save the cut-off pieces (they are not waste in my book) but then I don't do anything with them for that long that a lot of them get damaged and are unusable. Slap hands and must do better. You are showing the way............
    HAGD, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  25. Eh up John
    The teal is fab and looks great with the super die cuts.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely card, beautiful colour.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  27. absolutely a gorgeous card and I love it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello John and all

    Lovely card. It was a bit hard to follow so as you say have a play and see what you can make. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John, Beautiful card, beautiful die, thank you for your tutoring, will have to go through it a few times to fully understand, love how the colours pop! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  30. John, I have a Gemini die and am anxious to use it. I get very confused when I see what you do, but will give it a try. This card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  31. John, I have a Gemini die and am very excited to use it. I will give it a try but get very confused when I see what you do with them. Thanks for the gorgeous card today.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi John, This card is beautiful I just love it all.
    it was your fault I bought my Lyra die in the first place now you're making sure I put it to good use. LOL Take care Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow John this is a card and a half ! Absolutely fabulous. Well done ! Crafty Regards Julie Kay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi John another stunning creation from you today and in
    the gorgeous teal too. I like you make some smaller
    cards and not to many 8 x 8 as they would be way to expensive
    to send by post.
    Have a nice evening ,whatever you do Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi John
    I love this card, especially using the Lyra die, and the teal card. Hopefully you will make a few smaller cards for us soon.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi John,
    Absolutely Stunning Card
    Take Care
    Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love it, love it, love it !

    Hugs,
    Rose
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. Gorgeous colour and gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi john
    Gorgeous card. I love the way the Gemini dies allow you to cut into the card or out of it. So clever! And teal is always a winner!
    Best wishes, Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi John, this card is both stunning and striking - I am in awe of your talent, thank you for sharing x x x

    ReplyDelete
  41. Very unusual card and luv the colour combo - I don't like waste either which is why I think I possibly have the biggest 'bit' box in the crafting world!! Lol - I really wish I could sit with it and make cards from the contents like some crafters whose blogs I follow but it just doesn't seem to happen - I just use little bits at a time but in the process of making another card I create more bits for the box!!!!!! xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  42. Thanks 4 the great idea and guide.

    ReplyDelete