Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Wednesday, 4 February 2015

Gold Creative Wednesday...

Happy Wednesday,

Its a new month which means its a new selection of designs form the Design Team over at Creative Expressions and this month its Lady's Month.  What I mean is that we are working with the wonderful Sassy Lady singles stamps.  Today I have used the set called mistakes and have stamped in Gilding flakes.  I have teamed it with the brand new Noble die set form Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions from which I have cut a hinged card meaning that this entire card is made using one die set and one stamp set.

The noble dies are perfect for making a smaller card as the finished card comes out as just smaller than A5.






I started by stamping the image by applying Flake and Glitter glue, using cut n dry foam, to my stamp.  I then stamped the image onto a piece of coconut white card then I immediately cleaned my stamp using a grime boss.  Don't worry about the stamped image it will stay tacky until the gilding flakes have been applied.  I then cut the image out using the smallest cutting die form the Classic Adorned rectangles set from the New Noble die range.  I mount this in vintage gold card and foam mounted it onto a piece of coconut white card cut with the largest and the debs dies form the same set.  The wonderful thing about this die is that it has a stunning large debs area which on this piece I have highlighted using enchanted gold gilding wax.

I made a card blank by using the largest die in the set and a folded sheet of A4 card making sure that the folded edge was placed just inside the line that cuts on the die on one edge.  This means that when run through the grand caliber only three sides cut, the die is a very strong one and just both layers in one pass, leaving the hinge or fold on the left hand side.

Finally  I added the front panel, mounted in more of the gold, onto the card and added the gilding flakes stamped sentiment form the same set to the front.  The sentiment is on a banner cut again from one of the new range of dies (more of this one in later posts!)

Hopefully this picture shows how much this card shines!

Ingredients:
Sassy Lady Singles stamp "Mistakes"
Noble Die Classic Adorned Rectangles
Persian Dawn Gilding Flakes
Enchanted Gold gilding wax
Coconut white and Vintage gold foundation card

To see what the rest of the Design Team have come up with with their 'ladies' click HERE.

The winner of the card Giveaway on Monday, as randomly selected by Mr ND, was Lydia Jorden if you send me your address to lockers@live.co.uk I will post it straight out!  Also can anyone who has won a card and not received it please let me know as there have been some postal issues and I would hate for anyone not to receive their card!

Enjoy...







34 comments:

  1. A lovely card John. I do like Sue's new dies and this card shows them of perfectly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John,
    Another Stunning Card, I Love the use of Gilding Flakes Just Stunning.
    Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely John!
    That new die is beautiful.
    Have a good day, keep warm!
    XxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card again, love the dies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John,

    Gorgeous card, love the new dies.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John this is a gorgeous card I love the shape and the stamp. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card & I love the sentiment!

    Congrats to the winner of your lovely card.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John. Great card using some of Sue fabulous new dies, the banner dies are going to save me so much frustration : ) Must admit it took me a few seconds to realise that "debs" meant dress! I am not awake properly yet : ) Have a good day. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning John, an absolute gorgeous card love the stamp,take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning John,
    Great card, love gilding flakes. I see I won the card, will email my address, thank you.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John
    An absolutely stunning card love this stamp - one to get
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John, How beautiful she looks in gilding flakes. Matched perfectly with Sues dies. Have a good day Hugs Theresa (TOB) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a good die, I was just thinking frames, but of course, it's perfect for a whole card.
    Cheers
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eh up John
    Not sure I could make good use of the stamps but the dies look great.
    Congratulations to lucky Lydia.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John
    Another stunning card today. I just love the new dies Sue has shown us so far. I will make some cards out of this one. You could also have it around the other way by cutting out two lots of the die and put them together by using another piece of card to make a small hinge, and glueing them together. The only thing about doing it this way is you need to put some papers on the inside to hide the hinge. Congratulations to Lynda.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John, a beautiful card. Love all of Sue's dies. I really love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty card John, and I LOVE the sentiment! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a really cut card John ... such fun Crafty Regards Julie Kay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John,
    wonderful card - I've ordered ALL of the Noble dies, they are just "got to have" ones and I cannot pick a favourite.
    I love the sentiment and shall try the hinged card when I get the dies...... Love what you've done with the gilding flakes and wax.
    HAGD, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Wednesday to you John, Love the idea of using this die to make an A5 card, ideal for those cars we have to post. This stamp is gorgeous, in fact the whole card is just beautifully put together. Thank you John.
    Take care Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John, I like the stamped image and how you have done it, makes a lovely card, congrats Lydia on your win enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John, Congratulations to Lydia, you lucky girlie.
    I'm loving the new silhouette girlie stamp with the gilding flakes, and the dies too, really lovely.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John,
    Your card design is precious. So many uses, with and without the girl.
    Happy thoughts,
    Petrina

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John, another great card. Thanks for the instructions once again on how to make a hinged card.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John Beautiful card.Love the idea to using the die to make a card.
    Congrats to Lydia winning the Monday card,
    Hugs Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John, love the card, although I am not a great stamper, but thanks so much for the tips on how to cut the hinged card with the new Nobel die, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love these dies and your technique of making a hinged card all in one go! The sassy lady stamps look lovely Will visit CE to see the rest and comment the sentiment on this one has made me smile and the banner dies look great and saves a lot of hassle making forks

    ReplyDelete
  28. Absolutely fabulous. The stamp and die are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wonderful card love the colours too
    Hugs
    Margaret corgi owner

    ReplyDelete
  30. John you are a genius! I love how you've dealt with the stamp and gilding flakes and know it would never occur to me!! A very striking card - just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oooh John - sorry this really is not my 'cup of tea' - luv the sentiment though - sorry, guess you have to work with what you are given!! xx GailTvxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Morning John, I am new to your blog, but what an inspiration, I am loving it already, the noble die set you have used is gorgeous, must add to my wish list.

    Have a great Thursday everyone, keep safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. I can't believe I missed seeing a card though the last week has been "interesting" but I had to check and see your awesome cards since you are such an inspiration to me. Thank you, love this card and I am going to try this tomorrow. Thank you bunches John. hugs, Cathy k

    ReplyDelete