Sunday, 1 February 2015

Feeling Green?...

Happy Sunday,

Here's the full collection of the Storage Items I'm demonstrating today at Create and Craft at lunchtime!  The show is a 2 hour toolshed it would be great if you could tune in!





The range contains 5 items and I have decorated a full set in this simple great palette using Chalk Paints, stamping and gilding wax.






here is the ribbon stand and the Distress Ink stand.  I covered over the MDF with a base coat of White Gesso then added different shades of green using the dry brushing technique.  I then stamped over the units using the Natures Botanical umount stamp set.











On this large storage unit I again base coated it and dry brushed chalk pants form the green set.  I then used the Leaves mask from That Special touch and coloured over it using the darkest green in the set I have put together.  The below picture shows the colours I have used.





Yesterdays Demo Day in High Legh garden centre was So much fun!  Thank you to all the ladies who attended especially those who ended up staying all day!!  I am doing another Demo day next Saturday in the Houghton Hall Garden centre in Carlisle, so if you are in the area pop in by the emails I received the ladies who attended yesterday seemed to enjoy themselves and hopefully picked up a few tips (I know I did!)

Enjoy...

19 comments:

  1. Good morning John these are fantastic storage units and I love how you have decorated them. As I said yesterday I am on a mission to tame my stash so I can find everything I have. Have a great show. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John,
    These storage items all look lovely. Hope your show goes well.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely storage decorating!
    i will be teining in at 12
    carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great crafty ideas, i'll be recording your programme to watch later.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eh up John
    I hope you won't be doing an Ally Reeve and using cat litter or other weird substances to decorate these lol!
    Have fun!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John. I love the way you have decorated the storage. I'm all ready for midday. Enjoy yourself : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the storage john you have inspired me! Thanks for a brilliant demo day at high legh - really enjoyed it - hope you will be demoing near to me again sooooon! I've set to record today's toolshed - looking forward to watching later. Happy crafting
    Luv joolz x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John
    I can see the perfect spot for the distress ink storage in my craft room. Love it! Good luck, Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great storage ideas and very practical for stashing stuff! Will be tuning in later I've saved the ironing especially to do whilst I watching tele!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John,

    These are all stunning , so glad someone has bought out affordable storage, I have already ordered one of the distress inks storage, will probably need another one but could only afford one today lol! Looking forward to your shows.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie j xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the ink pad storage just have to splash the cash LOL! Watching the show now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the way you've decorated the ink storage unit, watching the show on C&C as I type, glad you've survived your hour with Martin without any mishaps (just).
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful show John. Now I am off to find the storage units.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John glad you had a good day yesterday and not surprised the attendees enjoyed it - your projects looks fab amd right up my street - will catch up with the recordings over next couple of days but love the look of them from your pics - you sound like a busy guy at mo xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. fab storage units ,great ideas ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous storage and great colours to liven them up a bit !
    The distress ink storage is a great idea. Also looking for
    something to keep my cards and paper in, help please !
    Loved the tool shed, the time went so quick. Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John, I sent you an email earlier on saying a very big Thank You for yesterday's demo'ing, I thoroughly enjoyed the whole day.
    I watched you on C&C today, and you had a fabulous show, I loved it.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John, love these Storeage units and the chalk paints are FAB.
    Saw most of the show today, you were great, well done. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really enjoyed today's Toolshed and the units are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete