Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Tuesday, 27 January 2015

Technique Tuesday...

Happy Tuesday,

Today will find find me leading a workshop at CE Towers in Kettering I have arranged a date for February and March and will let you all know the details as soon as the Designs can be released!  Back to today and a simple technique using a mask again however this time with a die cut aperture.

I have completed a photo tutorial for this week as my typing is not the best!











I die cut an aperture into spice of Kraft card from CE and then placed the waste piece over the card I wanted to add the design to.  Next I added the mask over the top and simply inked through the mask using distress ink.  I then shaded around the shape to add a little more faded effect to the piece.  Finally I simply added a stamped and die cut sentiment a bow and added it to a card blank, 18 x 18cm, that I had also shaded with the mask.



Take a look at your die collection and see what simple cards you can make from masks and the interesting shapes left behind.

Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Sue Wilson dies
Oslo
Californian Border, Tag and corner
That Special touch detail mask
Tea dye distress ink
Sand, Black,Coconut White and Kraft foundation card.

Enjoy...

22 comments:

  1. Hello John, a really great idea, sometimes I think we forget to use the waste from a die cut as a stencil shape, and using it with the mask adds a lot of interest. Love the card. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John.
    Thank you another clever tip. Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card & a very useful technique today.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea and so effective.
    Thank you John I will definitely be trying this technique xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning John you have created a beautiful card. I love the idea for using the mask. Have fun at your workshops today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John,

    Beautiful cards and so easy to do too.

    Have a nice day with your workshop.
    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eh up John
    super warming tones on a nippy day.
    Enjoy your workshop. Im sure your students will.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John. A lovely card made using a technique that is so easy but effective. Good one : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the card, and as a crafter..love the recycling!....never waste a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great technique Will definitely be trying this one

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card love the warm colours. Take care Jane B

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John, this is lovely Love the way you have you have used your mask on the back layer as well, it just all marries together so beautifully. Have fun at your workshop. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the tip John. It's a lovely card and so easy and quick to do.......
    Enjoy your workshop.
    HAGD, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card. Great technique. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card John, will have to look at dies in a different way.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  16. HinJohn
    My word you are giving us something new to think about. I'm loving how your using dies and masks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John, This is a fabulous technique, I will be trying this out, and certainly looking at my dies and masks in a different way from now on. Thank you.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab card and brill technique - think I may have to start looking at my off-cuts to see what I can make with them!! I may be gone a while!! Lol - thanks for sharing xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card John and a great clear write-up, love the mask and your shading x x x

    ReplyDelete