Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Tuesday, 13 January 2015

Technique Tuesday...

Happy Tuesday,

Well its back to technique day and today I wanted to share this technique of leaving the die cut piece in place or alternatively repositioning it back into the waste piece.  We all use the die cut shape we get as a feature, highlight or part of a design on our cards however we can achieve lots of different looks by placing it inside either the piece it was cut form, as in the below silver card, or by putting it into a piece cut in a contrasting colour.

In the card opposite I have taken a cut of the Couture Creations die in Blush card, coated it in pink gilding wax, and inserted it back into a piece of milk foundation card from which I had cut the same die.

In the below card I have simply die cut the rose again in silver Shimmerlux foundation card twice however I have left it in the piece I cut (by sticking another piece of card onto the back using double sided adhesive sheets.





The final card shown, again using the rose die, shows just the aperture with a piece of double sided sheet behind and the void filled with glitter jewels.  You could add back in the rose die cut before adding the glitter jewels to make a different look again.

Three cards using similar if not exactly the same technique that I hope will prompt you into looking at your dies and seeing which would work with this technique!


Ingredients:
Couture Creations Rose die
Foundation Card
Double sided adhesive sheets

Enjoy...





33 comments:

  1. Morning John, great technique, must give it a try, all 3 cards look wonderful. Have a good day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. Love all the cards, especially the middle one.I will be having a go at this technique : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards, especially the first one. I haven't tried this technique so it maybe one to try at the weekend.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John,

    All three cards are fabulous, great creations each and every one.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous technique John. All cards are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. loving these 'waste' cards john....waste not want not!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic card and so elegant too I shall be giving this a try with your excellent instructions close at hand thank you John.
    Hugs
    Margaret corgi owner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eh up John
    Have done the first and the last but not the middle (though its given me an idea!)
    The first card is lovely (hoping Im real life its not the pink and yellow showing up on my screen lol!)
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the sort of thing I already do John, you know me, I dont waste anything, yours look beautiful, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning John
    Fantastic cards - love the technique - one to try
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John,
    You do come up with some wonderful ideas.
    Love val x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning John,
    Three great cards using the same die in such different ways, so clever.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards. Great technique. The first one is my favourite. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That rose die is beautiful, and really makes this card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John, yet another good idea from you it's great to get so much use from on e die. Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello John and all

    Great technique. For a canny Yorkshire lass it's great being able to get six cards this way. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so effective. I really like what you have done with this.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Love
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great technique! Thanks for the clear explanation and the brilliant cards showing your technique, I will definitely try this especially the one with gilding wax. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John,
    great techniques, my fav is the third post -I'm hooked on bling.............
    HAGD, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John
    Another fantastic technique. My favourite is the first one. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Though all three are beautiful, I like the first one the best. thanks John.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John thank you for sharing these gorgeous cards. I will have to try this technique. Enjoy the rest of the day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John,
    Beautiful Card, I really enjoy The Techniques you share with us thank you so much.
    Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John,
    It's Me again I've just checked out the Fabulous Card from yesterday as I'm truly sorry I didn't comment but I was ill, I Just Wish to say you don't need to apologize for not having time to send out the Card I understand how busy you are, I'm so looking forward to receiving the Card thank you once again.
    Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  25. All three are gorgeous ai think 3rd one is my favourite I'm thinking gilding flakes would work well too what die can I use...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Three beautiful cards, luv them all - the second one reminds me a little of a jigsaw puzzle - three lovely techniques xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John, This is a great technique, I had never thought to do this, but will definitely be checking out my dies to see if I can do the same, thank you for the inspiration, and all three cards are beautiful.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. 3 fab cards and so nice to see different ways with the one die ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello John, Three beautiful cards love the techniques, thank You once again for your inspiration. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  30. What an awesome idea. It puts a whole new thought into purchasing dies. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Three lovely cards John, using great techniques, thank you for your write ups really feels like you are talking to us directly if that makes sense x x x

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a wonderful card so much talent, just love it.

    ReplyDelete