Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Friday, 30 January 2015

Something Blue...(ish)

Happy Blue Friday,

The first question is doe s really purple shade of blue count as blue?  OK its purple however I love this card and the rest of the samples I have made in my Blue phase have some over to CE towers to be used as show samples for Sue next weekend so I can't show them at the moment!

Today's card is one from my couture creations show at the beginning of the month its a real mix of styles.

The background is a piece of the white ribbed card from the special finishes pack which I inked with the that special touch mask in milled lavender deists ink.  I then shaded around the square of card (20x20cm) to age the card and show the lovely embossed line pattern.



Next I cut the couture Creations art deco background die in more of the white and mounted it onto a mat of heather foundation card  The sentiment, from the friends sentiment set (which was due to be on the show but stock levels didn't allow however I do have this set on Sundays show as I have been using it so much recently I just love it!) is stamped onto the Mirror Mirror die cut in white and inked in the same distress ink.  To highlight the sentiment piece I cut a couple of the flourishes and then the waterlily die in Velum which I inked and scrunched them up.




I love the look of the flowers cut in vellum and the way they seem to flow!

Ingredients:
Couture Creations Dies
Art Deco
Mirror Mirror
Swirl
That Special Touch Openwork mask
Friends Sentiments stamp set
Distress Ink milled lavender


Enjoy...

The winner of this weeks Card giveaway is Gail, if you send me your address out to Lockers@live.co.uk I will post it out to you!  Another giveaway on Monday...




40 comments:

  1. Love this one and the vellum flowers are beautiful 1

    hugs,
    Rose
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John, very pretty card, great colours, and love the vellum flowers. Have a good day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card despite it not being Blue! Congrats to the winner of your card.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John
    Love your Stunning Card, I Love The Awesome Vellum Flowers, I'm looking forward to watching you on create and craft, have a great day.
    Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi
    Forgot to say Congratulations to the winner of the Gift Card Weekly Giveaway
    Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the colour. Congratulations to Gail. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John. A lovely card in a gorgeous colour. The art deco background is a favourite of mine, I love it. Stay safe and warm, I hope you have a safe journey to C&C. Only 2 sleeps now : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John, nice card again and the colour is beautiful. Have a great weekend and take care love Jane B

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card John , love the scrunched up vellum swirls!
    XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  10. The card is lovely and to see the flowers in vellum makes for a real change

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John,
    Beautiful card, love it all.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eh up John
    Nah, whichever way you look at it, its not blue its purple lol! Not sure about you scrunching up those delicate flowers but a super design.
    Gail will be a happy bunny.
    Right, off to de-snow the car.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely card John. The colour is great, as are the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. very pretty dies John, it all came together on your beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the background and the colour of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning John
    stunning - a great card
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning John
    What a lovely cards my favourite colour. Crafty Regards Julie Kay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the card and colour, no matter what name you give it.
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John,
    beautiful card, love the colours.
    HAGD, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another pretty card, John. Yes, Purple is allowed, it's in the blue family.Looking forward to your shows, and congrats to Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello John

    Lovely card. Pretty colour and I agree with you about the flowers. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John, Lovely card love the colour. I would say lilac/purple and it's all gorgeous anyway.
    Take care in this extreme weather that is being forecast. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John what a beautiful card I love the colours and the design.
    Debs xx

    debsartliffscards.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is absolutely magnificent. This is so beautiful. You just inspire me to keep trying different things. thank you so very much.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful Purple card John lol! Love the design/layout.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John
    Wow wow wow. This is a stunning card and done in my favourite colours. I love

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous card John, wonderful colours. Love it!
    Have a nice evening,
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi John, A gorgeous card, purple is my favourite colour so a purplish blue is fine with me haha. I'm especially loving the vellum flowers.
    I'm really hoping I will get the chance to come and see you demo tomorrow, we are having a van load of logs delivered tomorrow morning, they can't give us a definite time (worse luck !!) and last time it took us both 2 solid hours to move it all from the front of the house to the back and then stack it. I really want to see you demo, so here's hoping !!!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the colour John. The card is absolutely lovely.
    Have a great weekend
    Love
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the colour John. The card is absolutely lovely.
    Have a great weekend
    Love
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Back home now and I love this one, love the velum too, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lovely card. Lots going on and adorable colours.

    ReplyDelete
  33. beautiful card ,can't wait to see your shows on Sunday ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi John wow you have posted some lovely cards lately I am just catching up having had no broadband for over a week but this one is so very lovely, good luck with your weekend show!
    hugs
    Margaret corgi owner

    ReplyDelete
  35. Playing catch up (again) luv the card and the colour and lurve the velum flowers xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Stunning card John, I like the way you have co-ordinated the colours. x x x

    ReplyDelete