Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Saturday, 17 January 2015

Saturday Stamping...

Happy Saturday Stampers,

Well a little dull in colour and I know a lot of people don't like brown however I wanted to show this stamping technique which you could replicate in any choice of colours.

I started by stamping the border image twice using perfect medium onto Gloss white foundation card (this was part of the special finished card pack however it is available separately and is perfect for stamping with alcohol inks) and embossed it with cosmic shimmer detail clear embossing powder.  I the added shades of distress ink randomly over the top.  The benefit of the gloss card is that the ink goes on beautifully smoothly.

I then stamped the rose onto another piece of the card, using the same embossing, and using a die cut with a circle aperture inked over the image.  Once the images were inked I rubbed over the embossing with a dry wet wipe to remove the excess ink form the image.



I then die cut the rose bud image and placed it onto the larger optic with the border using foam tape for dimension.

This is placed onto a background which I stamped (hopefully you can see it in the picture) using the tea dye distress ink onto more gloss card, the rose randomly down the edge.  To define the stamping I matted each piece with black foundation card.

Finally, I know this won't be to everyones taste a large bow in champagne silky crush ribbon.

Ingredients:
Creative Expressions rose border stamp
Creative Expressions Rose Bud singles stamp
Cosmic Shimmer Detail Clear embossing powder
Gloss White foundation card
Couture Creations die
Distress Inks in Tea Dye, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain
Silky crush ribbon champagne.

To answer a question a few people have asked which is how do I make my bows.  Well originally I used a small bow maker that I purchased on EBay however now I have designed my own and Mr Next Doors dad made up in wood for me as prototype.  I am looking to see if we can produce this as It does lots of different bows and a few other things as well if It goes into production I will let everyone know!


Enjoy...



28 comments:

  1. Hi John. This is a lovely pretty card, it is always good to see different colours and techniques from you : ) Your bow maker sounds interesting! Have a good weekend. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John, I think, this card is lovely, great colours, hope it works out with the bow maker. Have a good day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card. I have used the technique a lot it such fun to do and is very effective. Your bow maker sounds interesting. Have a wonderful Saturday. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John,
    I Love today's Fabulous Card and I Love the Colourway I Love stamping and I enjoy gaining as much knowledge as possible I'll have to try this with gloss card, I always thought Distress Inks and Alchol Pens, wouldn't work very well on Gloss Card.
    The Bow Maker sounds a terrific idea and something I would definitely purchase, some I've seen in the past are very flimsy and not suitable so it would be great to find a well made one!
    Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't put your card down john...this is far from dull.
    beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card & great colours, not at all dull. Just not sure about the bow...!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John,
    Take away the bow and it would be perfect for me, I do like the colours you have used.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Got here too early for yesterday's card, so I've only just seen it (pretty) I like the colour of today's too. Best of luck with the bowmaker, Looking forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry but I'm one if the "not sures" Good to read about the technique you've used

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eh up John
    Well you know that you have "brownwashed" me over time so I love the colour and design. Im fine with the bow too but not mad for the colour of the ribbon you have used. Your bow maker is a beauty so fingers crossed.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John this card is just lovely it really shines Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Today's card is very pretty. In fact I find it quite stunning, not dull at all. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John,
    the card is not dull and the technique shown is great - but personally I would pick a different colour.
    HAGD, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning John
    Love this card - especially the colour as I am an autumn girl
    Thank you and hope the bow making comes to fruition
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card John, the background is stunning. A great technique.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjoyed how you double played the ribbon - why didn't I think of that.
    Thank you for sharing your great designs!

    Happy thoughts,
    Petrina

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John
    This card stunning. I love the colour as it brightens up this wintry weather we are having. The biw maker shouds a good idea, looking forward to seeing if it comes into production. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John
    Lovely card,not sure about the bow but your bowmaker sound interesting.
    Have a good weekend, Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love, love, love this card. Not dull at all but the rich tones are awesome . I am learning so much from you. Thank you bunches.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John
    The bow is definitely to my taste. It's not often I make a card without a bow. You can't please everyone all of the time but most importantly please yourself. You got where you are today by doing so. It's always good to learn different techniques. You have gained new followers by your style which is varied so good on you.
    Hope you enjoy your weekend
    love
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello John, I love this card and those Rose stamps are gorgeous. Haven't any of this card (it's on the wish list NOW)
    Have a great weekend, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John,

    Beautiful card, colour does not look much of a brown on my PC but rather shades of Yellow!!! Looks fabulous whatever the colour! Love your bows so another bow maker sounds fab too! Like Ang not too keen on the colour of the ribbon, sorry!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  23. nice card ,would try a different colour ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really like your card, I enjoy stamping and recently have been making cards using various shades of brown too, so your card is right up my street

    ReplyDelete
  25. Like this card, its different, don't use my stamps enough but this has inspired me

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John, I love it !! the colour is lovely, the stamping is lovely, the bow is lovely. The whole card, for me, has a very mystical and magical feel to it. I love it !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Luv the distressed look of this card and the stamping too - can't wait to see the bow maker xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your colour choice John, so much detail which results in another great card from you x x x

    ReplyDelete