Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Thursday, 22 January 2015

In the Pink...

Happy Thursday,

Well its all been a little brown or white this week so Today is Pink Day!  Time to introduce some colour me thinks!

Today's card Is made completely with Blush card which looks really pink but is a lovely soft shade that only shows up when contrasted with white as I have on the final layer.  I started by stamping the sentiment in Archival black ink onto blush card which I then cut out with the Couture Creations Lotus filet die.  I then coloured the image in  the die using spun sugar distress ink.  Once removed from the die I shaded the edges using cut n dry foam and more of the distress ink.

I flat layered this onto another piece of the blush card and added a spray of waterlilies cut in parchment along with a knot of crinkle edge ribbon and some real sprays and embellishments.




I made the background by embossing a piece of the card with the large retro flowers embossing folder from Court Creations and extended the pattern.  I shaded this with more spun sugar distress ink concentrating soon the edges to give a shaded look.


To finish the card I simply layered a piece of the ribbon over the embossed panel and added it to a simple white mat.  I always like to add a strip of ribbon if I have added a large bow or embellishment as I feel it balances the larger flourish.  I simply added the stamped panel on top, using foam tape, and the card was finished.

Ingredients:
Blush Foundation card
Couture Creations Lotus Filet & Waterlily die sets
Couture Creations Large Retro Flowers embossing folder
CE Sentiment stamp

Enjoy...


The winner of Monday's card, as randomly chosen by Mr ND was no 5 which is Mrs B,  If you email me your address on Lockers@live.co.uk I will post it out to you.   Another giveaway on Monday! x

30 comments:

  1. Hi John.
    Thank you a pretty card , congrats to Mrs B. Take care all Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John, a very lovely card, very feminine, love the flower spray. Have a good day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. Congrats Mrs B on winning the card

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card John I like the blush card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, very pretty. Congrats to Mrs B.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very feminine card John and would make someone's special day more special
    XxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful card, and the embossing really brings it to life

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful design John but far too much Pink for me, I am not a pink person so I would have kept the background just White with a Pink panel or changed colour completely lol! Love the layout though.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not a pink person too (usually) but the last 2 cards I've been asked to make have been pink! Just goes to show! I love your card as it is so delicate Really must buy some of the foundation card you are now using

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eh up John
    Love the design, especially the "spray" but the pink is not for me. The middle photo is not so pink so guessing that's more representative of the true colour?
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John,
    A very pretty card, don't think I'm not getting the true colour as it's a very bright pink.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John. A lovely card, I am getting a very bright pink on most of the pics but one is much more delicate which I'm sure is how it really is. What a lovely surprise when I read that I had won Mondays gorgeous card. Thank you Mr ND : ) I will email you after this. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely cards love the blush/pink really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very sweet card. The lotus filet die is very pretty. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks really pretty John, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh, a pretty, feminine card today, Great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A very pretty card today John, and the sentiment is delightful.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John,
    An absolutely lovely card today, I'm not a pink person but this one really appeals to me. It's gorgeous.
    HAGD, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John
    I Love today's Card I have The Blush Card which I Love as its not to overpowering I Love The Sentiment you've used from Creative Expressions they have some really great ones, I really like the embellishment you've made for your Card.
    Congratulations to Mrs B for winning Monday's Gift Card.
    Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card John. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very pretty and very feminine - not a pink girl myself but would look lovely in a different colour combo xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John, A very nice card but sorry to say I'm not a fan for pink
    Congrats Mrs B for winning Monday's card
    Have a good evening, Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  23. lovely card John ,well done Mrs B.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another beautiful card - I like the close up of the stamped panel as it shows how pale the blush card really is.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John, A very pretty in pink card today, and I'm especially loving the wording of the sentiment, really lovely.
    Congratulations to Mrs B, enjoy your card.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my gracious John.... You are stirring me up big time with these beautiful cards and ideas. This is so awesome. I am so glad I found your blog. You have already taught me so much. I will never stamp the same. Thank you bunches Cathy K

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card John and lovely to see a pink card. I will have to see about buying some of the blush card as it looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi John this is a gorgeous card. Congratulations to Mrs B you are a lucky lady. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  29. I like the pink on pink affect, the blush card is so delicate and soft, lovely x x x

    ReplyDelete