Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Wednesday, 21 January 2015

Creative Wednesday...

Happy Creative Wednesday,

Can you believe this is the third wednesday of 2015?!?  I can't believe we are already well into January however I am always reminded when I present one of my DT cards as it shows how time flys...

This month we are showcasing the new cat and Dog range of stamps from Creative Expressions and I even surprised myself as to how much I enjoyed colouring these images!

For todays card I chose the Toby single stamp along with the Paw Print Lattice background stamp.



I started by stamping Toby onto Milk foundation card with black archival ink.  I then coloured him in using Scattered saw distress pen colouring around the edges and pulling the colour into the image using a wet paintbrush.  I highlighted him, and the ball, using Antique linen distress pen and shaded round the card using scattered stars and cut n dry foam.  It cut the rectangle I used the second largest die in the Spellbinders matting basics B set.



To make the background I stamped the paw print lattice rubber stamp onto sand foundation card using black archival.  I then cut an aperture in Milk card using spellbinders matting basics B and a larger Sand aperture using the largest die in the set.  I then layers each frame on top of the other using foam tape to make a tune style background.


To finish the card I added the background onto a 21 x 21 cm card made from layers of the milk and sand onto which I randomly stamped the background using scattered straw distress ink.  I added a messy bow and a couple of strips of ribbon and the Toby image over the top to balance the card.

Finally I added one of the new Dazzler settings and a black dazzler in the centre.

Click HERE to visit the Creative Expressions blog and see what the rest of the team have created with the same range. and if you could leave a comment I would be very smiley!! lol

Ingredients:
CE Singles stamps Toby
CE Background Stamps Paw Print Lattice
CE Sentiment Stamps pets
Sand & Milk foundation card
Distress ink & Pens in Antique Linen & Scattered Straw
London Tan seem binding, Dazzler Setting & Dazzler all CE

Enjoy...

P.s. The link works this week lol!

31 comments:

  1. Hi John, great card, these stamps are all very cute and perfect for animal lovers. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the style of this card definitely one I must try xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card today.would be useful for a number of occasions.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice to have a pet on a card, makes a change, and just soooo cute

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute stamps and a lovely card, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John. I love the cute puppy stamps and this style of card is so nice, I love it. Also love your black card with the puppy on the CE blog too : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute but can't see me using these animal/cat/dog stamps I only make cards for family and friends none of which have/are pet owners

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning John,
    A very pretty card, but not stamps I would use even though they are very cute.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John,

    Fabulous card, love the design. Don't know what happened to the blog this morning but I had to go hunting for your blog as it did not come up on my side bar as usual lol!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww John
    So very cute. Who wouldn't love these stamps. I'm just very good with stamps. Def need more practice lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John
    another stunning card - just love it
    Hugs
    Carol
    clarke/carol13@virginmedia.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John,
    This is yet again another Fabulous Card I Love this range of Stamps especially The Dogs as I've got two dogs of my own, I Love how you've Coloured the Dogs Fir using Distress Pens, I have my Distress Ink Pads but not the pens but I could use my Alchol Pens as I Love to Colour I find it so enjoyable and quite therapeutic.
    Take care
    Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Eh up John
    You are certainly doing cute spookily well. Obviously there's a cutie crafter been waiting to break out! This card is adorable and would be fabulous for a dog lover.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John,
    lovely clean card today, would work with any image. Colours are really elegant.
    Keep warm and PLEASE no reminder how quickly this year is zooming by already.....
    HAGD, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John, a really nice card, I like the unusual lay out.
    X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute pup John, and I love the paw print background! Yes, it's odd how quick January has gone this year, but I'm loving the idea that the worst the winter throws us is usually in January, so we are nearly past that.

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the card layout and love the image used what a grate card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. A very soft' cool and cute card. The paw print lattice is very pretty. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a lovely homely card. Any dog lover would be so happy with this. The detail of the paws is perfect.
    Keep well and warm
    love
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. another great card ,loved yesterday's card too thought I checked in but must be loosing my mind again,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John, Love this card it's so cute, the colours are perfect and I just love the paw print lattice. Warm hugs to all, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The dog stamp is so cute and the colours you've used are lovely.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John this is a fantastic card I do like the cat and dog stamps. Have a great evening. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John, Loving the background and especially loving your colouring of the doggie stamp.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John ,Great stamps and you have used this one to perfection
    Love cats and dogs.Looking forward to what's coming
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello John,
    Love the Toby stamp also the lattice paw background Is gorgeous, You have turned these stamps into the most beautiful card. You really are very very clever. I wish I had half of your talent. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  27. For someone who doesn't do cute...you are pretty good at it. I love these stamps.
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fab card and luv the colouring and sentiment - will have to keep my eyes peels for the dazzler settings too - they look rarher nice xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John this is a great card with a really cute image x x x

    ReplyDelete