Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Wednesday, 14 January 2015

Creative Wednesday...

 Happy Wednesday,

Well its a new year and that means that Creative Wednesday is back, this is my Second Design Team assignment for Creative Expressions this year although, due to scheduling, it was made and photographed last year! lol

For January we have all been tasked with making creations with the new range of Cat and Dog stamps that Julia showcased on Create and Craft in November.  Now I am not a cute character person normally however I always see challenges such as this as fun as it really makes Me think how I can use a particular product in my style of crafting.

For the first project therefore I decided that I would borrow one of Julius techniques and stamp using Cosmic Shimmer misters mixed with Mica powder to make my own ink pad.  The colours I chose were chestnut mister and copper mica.


 I put some of the mica onto my craft sheet then sprayed the sheet with Chestnut ink mist.  I mixed them together and wiped up the reluctant colour with a piece of cut n dry foam.  This effectively made me a mica shimmer ink pad which I then used to stamp the images.  It is as simple as it sounds and you can keep the resultant pad and revive it with another scary of the mister.  I can't Thank Julia enough for this brilliant tip as I have used it on loads of projects I have coming up


I used the Creative Expressions Alfie single dog stamp, and the Ink pad I made, and stamp the image all over a roll of brown parcel paper.  The tag was made in the same technique using Kraft foundation card.

Ingredients:
CE Singles stamp Alfie
Cosmic Shimmer Copper Mica
Cosmic Shimmer Chestnut Mister
Cut N Dry foam


To see what the rest of the team have made with these stamps click HERE and leave a comment for me if you have time!

Enjoy...



37 comments:

  1. Hello John, this is such a great idea, sometimes you just need something different to all the standard wrapping paper you get in stores. Must try this technique with the spray and mica. Have a good day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea. It makes it awesome because then we can personalize the stamps to their interest ie: cat, dog, cake etc. I really like that idea. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant idea John. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a lovely effect Will it work by just using water? I can only try I usually craft with cd roms

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fabulous John and makes great original wrapping paper.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John
    What a great idea from Julia - I would love to get on one of your workshops one day and pick up more ideas.
    Just love it - can you give me some ideas for mens cards
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John, a great idea. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning John,
    Great idea to make very individual wrapping paper. Just lovely.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. You certainly push the boundaries of our creative ideas.
    This is such a great idea
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eh up John
    Did wonder when this was going to get shown after seeing it in your craft cave a few weeks ago lol! Really clever idea and a great way of personalising wrapping paper.
    Reluctant colour and scary mister? Spell check lol! Your link isn't working either matey lol!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous idea. Your creativity never fail to amaze me. Two thumbs up. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it - the paper looks brilliant xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very inventive use of something that didn't really seem to light your fire. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great idea John, the stamp is ultra cute.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John
    Another stunning project using stamps that really don't float your boat. Just shows how creative you are. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Also thank you for clarifying which mask you used on Sunday's creation. Such a quick response back as well. Lucky that you were at CE Towers when I emailed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. very cute wrapping paper and tags; I admire what you did as when I am faced with a stamp or paper that is not my style I come up empty and can't make anything out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. great idea ,and a great project ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE THIS ! I'm the same as you John - I'm definitely NOT a cutesy character user ... however - I am a dog / cat lover so this appealed to me a lot.
    I wouldn't have given this stamp a second look normally but I really love the way you've used this. WELL DONE !

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aaah so cute - love these doggy stamps. Crafty REgards Julie kay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John I really like this idea. I have been thinking about getting some of the new mica powders & misters and seeing your results has sold me on the idea Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello John, I love this and really fancy the idea of making my own wrapping paper, this is certainly a project I could try out the grandchildren at half term. Thank you for the inspiration, keep those ideas coming. LOL Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think you have done a lovely job with the project. Your mixture gives a wonderful shine!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John. I saw it on last weeks CE blog and I love this original wrapping paper. You have done a great job using something that you are not overly comfortable with. Well done : ) Have a good day. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John, What a great idea. Thanks, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John I love the wrapping paper you have created. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John, Genius !!!!!! I will definitely be trying this technique, and how lovely it looks too. I'm not too keen on these types of stamps, but Alfie looks positively stunning stamped this way. Well done you.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Brilliant project and idea John. I love the little doggy stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a great idea John, looks great tone on tone, makes gorgeous wrapping paper and gift card x x x

    ReplyDelete
  29. By the way John your link does not work re visiting the rest of the team's work, but I know I can visit their blog x x x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Brilliant idea John! I really want to try this as your paper and tag look fabby. I've lots of mica powder but not really done anything with it so thanks for inspiration. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi John
    This is such a great idea! Well actually, two ideas! One all about making wrapping paper, the other about the ink pad. I will definitely try both,
    Best wishes, Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi John,
    neat...... I've been doing my own wrapping papers for ages now, it's so simple/cheap and I get exactly the design I want.
    HAGD, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi John, What a fantastic idea! My mind is whirling with all kinds of ideas..thanks, John! blessings,v

    ReplyDelete