Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Wednesday, 7 January 2015

Creative Wednesday, for Tracey...

Happy Wednesday,

Now today's card has two uses, firstly it is my Creative Expressions design team card for this week.  Secondly this is Tracey's (who many of you may have spoken to as she is the product assistant and In house crafter for Creative Expressions) birthday card.  Now this wasn't interned as a Birthday card for Tracey however a few weeks ago I helped her to rearrange the factory shop at CE tower (well worth a visit as It has all the new products and cosmic shimmer ranges in one place as well as a really good clearance section with 12 x 12 paper starting at just 1p)  We wanted some cards to display and show how the products can be used so I took some of my cards and Tracey declared that this one is too be her birthday card, even though she is more of a dog lover than a cat person.  I thought therefore I must have got something right on this one as Tracey is someone I learnt loads form and is a prodigious crafter herself!




I stamped the cat design form the Creative expressions stamp in archival black and coloured the edges using spiced marmalade distress marker.  I then pulled the colour into the image simply using a wet paintbrush.












The edge is distress inked in the same shade and mounted onto a die cut card using the new Scandinavian background die with the illusion A4 embossing folder.  I added pearl moon gilding wax to the embossed sections and made up a layered card with some London tan seem binding and a Creative Expressions fabric flower (or two)

All in all not my usual style but I was quite pleased with the finished result though not as pleased as Tracey obviously! lol

Ingredients:
Singles stamps Poppy
Creative Expressions Scandinavian die
Illusion Embossing Folder
Spiced marmalade Distress ink & Distress pen


The chosen winner of Mondays card (*as selected by Mr ND) is Foxyg Please email me on Lockers@live.co.uk with your address and Ill post tomorrow!
Enjoy...
















34 comments:

  1. Hi John.
    Thank you your card is lovely , I am so glad you mentioned the shop I was wondering if it is still open, I shall pay a visit soon take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello John, this card is really gorgeous, I can see why Tracey loved it. Ooooh, need to pay the shop a visit. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John,
    I really Love this Card as I Love these Stamps I Love the Dogs Stamps having two Dogs myself. I would Love to visit the shop but it would take me four hour drive, I would love to attend one of the classes but I would have to stay overnight.
    Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. I can see why Tracey loved this card, it is great. I would love to visit the CE shop but it is rather a long way, and what I would save on stash would be used on fuel : ( Congratulations to Foxyg : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card John. Thank Mr ND for drawing my name out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, I can see why someone picked it out.

    Congrats to the Monday winner.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very unusual for you John, just see an image on the card surprised me lol! Still a beautiful card and I love cats so its a winner for me.

    CE headquarters sounds like a right treasure trove, how lovely to be at the center of it all.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card Tracy is going to love her birthday card. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. i can see why tracey loved this card ...just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning John
    Love this card, can see why Tracey loved it too
    Love the Scandinavian die background
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John,
    A lovely card, like the image even though I'm a dog lover.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John,
    and Happy Birthday Tracey (who has given me some really good advice whenever I phoned up with a problem). Lovely card, love what you've done with the ribbon and bow.
    HAGD, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John, I must congratulate you on your colouring it seemless from all angles. Great cat lovers card. Thank you.
    X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eh up John
    Don't think I've seen you do cute before but you do it well lol!
    Great card and of course Tracey loved it.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super card John, and congrats to Foxyg.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very different for you, but an excellent card. Love these stamps.
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh how cute john. I lovd cats as you know i have 4 and i havent seen this stamp before. No wonder tracey loved it.
    wwell done to foxy x
    love valx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning John, how cute is that image! I am sure Tracey will be thrilled x x x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John, a lovely card. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John, Well you have certainly made a cute stamp look sophisticated. Not surprised Tracey stated her claim on it. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just spotted your working your way up the league table No 8 now - good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So cute john - these stamps are very very cute. Happy new Year by the way I will keep popping in. Crafty Regards Julie kay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Even though the cat image is "cute" the rest of the card is very elegant, and the two play well together. The CE factory shop sounds like my idea of bliss, too bad I will never get to see it. Well, I can only imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John, beautiful card it just all work so well together, and that cute cat sits very happily in the centre there - Love you tall.
    Happy birthday Tracy. WOW If only I lived closer I would just love to go to CE tower.
    Hope you have a good day John. Brenda Is

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow what a super card so lovely and cute would make a super little girls birthday card too.
    Such a pity CE towers is so far away, I find travel difficult and it would take an over night stay too, perhaps one day they will do mail order as getting hold of CE products locally is poor up here.
    Hugs
    Margaret corgi owner

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sorry John, Big Woops!!!!!!!!!!!!! - eyes not focusing today, that should have said 'love it all'

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely card as usual John
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi John, This card is lovely, no wonder Tracey loved it. I have a cat, and I definitely have 'paw prints on my heart' !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John.
    I really like the colours together. I'm sure every cat lover would want this card.
    Lots of love
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely card John. wish it was my birthday lol.
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very different for you and being a cat lover I luv the stamped image and sentiment xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete