Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Wednesday, 3 December 2014

Mixing Things up, Creatively...

Happy Wednesday,





This month at the Creative Expressions blog we are all chalking away and I decided to mix things up with the Chalk Board stamps.  As this is the first card I am presenting this month using the new range (which I believe Kim had on Create and craft a few weeks ago) I thought I should go with the classic white on black however to me it really worked with Kraft card stock as well!

I started by stamping the sentiment stamp "lets mix things up" using a snowcap adirondak ink onto black foundation card.  This ink gives a beautiful chalk white effect on then black card and means you don't need to emboss in white to get designs to show up on darker or black card.

I cut the image out using Spellbinders Ribbon Threader die from the Card Creator selection and threaded a matching black and tan ribbon, form Creative expressions, through the holes and made a three layer bow to add to the side.  I mounted this onto a large mat made from craft and black card.

I made a large 20 x 20 cm card blank to hold the stamped image by embossing a piece of Kraft card using the Creative Expressions A4 Pinpoint embossing folder checkerboard.  I inked this lightly with black soot distress ink and added to the layers of black and Kraft card.

Finally I layered the piece together using foam pads and a simple card with one stamped image completed that looks far more complex than it is!

Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Mix Things Up Single stamp
Adirondak Snowcap Pigment Ink Pad
Spellbinders Ribbon Thread Die Set
Kraft & Black foundation Card
Creative Expressions A4 Pinpoint embossing Folder Checkerboard

As usual it would be great if you pop over to the Creative Expressions blog HERE and left a comment!

Enjoy...









22 comments:

  1. Morning John
    Amazing card!
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John,
    It's a man's card - but I really wouldn't know when to use those stamps.
    By the way, tried to leave a comment on the CE page but when clicking on it, I just got an ERROR page.
    HAGD, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card-very useful as a man's card.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning John this is a fantastic card. I like the die very much. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John, a really great card, great combination of elements. Have a good day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John,
    Fantastic Card I Love the Colours you've used and how you've threaded Ribbon through at the bottom this could be Male or change COLOUR and Youve got a Female Card
    Just Love it!
    Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the idea but as I only make cards for friends and family I can't think of an opportunity when I'd use that sentiment Layout is brill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card John, very masculine this one.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eh up John
    As others have said,Im not sure what I would use the sentiment for but love the chalkboard effect and the threaded ribbon looks fab.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John. Sorry I haven't commented since Sunday, I have looked in each day but just haven't had time to leave a comment until now!
    You have shown three totally different cards and I love them all. You know I love Sue's New York dies and how you used them to make the buckle card is so
    different. I love how you used Lyra and those gorgeous flowers on Tuesday, and that rich plum card is something I need to get ASAP! Todays chalkboard card is beautiful, it's a great combination with the black against the vintage gold. The threaded ribbon is lovely too. I love using the Snowcap ink pad on dark card, it gives a gorgeous effect. I'm off to CE to leave a comment now. Have a good day. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI John, the card is beautiful, love the layout, but like others, sentiment is a bit limiting.
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John,
    Great card.....more for a man I think. Love what you have used on it but the sentiment isn't for me.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello John,I like Kraft card and black together, however didn't know about the White ink. Would have saved me a chunk of to e yesterday embossing six white on black cards. I will look out for it at Colemans on Saturday.
    X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John. This is really unusual and definitely a favourite.
    Congratulations on climbing up to number 9 on the Crafty Blogs.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good morning John, I like the layout of this card I'm just not so sure about the colours. A but to dark for me. Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the idea, very useful card for the boys and of course teachers, cafés etc.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Liking this card, John. Agree with other about the sentiment though - do like the chalkboard look

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello John, Lovely card, Must try the chalkboard effect. Please keep bringing us lots of examples of your lovely work, you really have got a gift. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like your technique John, what a great look, I have to say that checkerboard emb folder is one of my favourites. x x x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very different and again luv the fact that you do Mix Things Up xx fab techniques xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete