Sunday, 21 December 2014

February 2014 Review...

Happy Sunday,

Its day 2 of the review of the year and we reach February!  Apart from the usual red and love related valentines stuff it seemed to be a month of different projects.

This was also the month that Creative Expressions launched their first range of dies designed by Sue Wilson.  I instantly loved the Californian background and rushed to buy it along with the Spanish background and a striplet or two! Click HERE to see the original post for this card.






Of course my next favourite has to be the other background die I bought from Sue's collection the Spanish background (of course this appealed to me because I was living in Spain at the time!)  Click HERE to see the original Post. 













I know the above colours are not to everyones taste and as it was Valentines day in Feb I thought I should add some red.  I made this pincushion box, made with a die cut heart box, as a gift and had to keep it for my hatpins and made another for the gift.  There is a tutorial for this one so click HERE for the tutorial.  To make the box into pincushion scroll through February as I'm sure I explain how to make the top it is, however, just padded with stuffing from an old pillow with fabric stretched over the top.

This box still has pride of place in my new craft studio and is used all the time.

Enjoy...

19 comments:

  1. Hi John. Thank you for posting past posts say that with a drop of Christmas spirit LOL.they are all so lovely. Have a good day take care Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John,
    I'm really enjoying these past posts also I love the heart shaped pin box I must give this a go!
    Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love all the inspiration you are giving us...my to try list is geting longer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 great projects-love the first card.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello John, 3 fabulous projects again today, love them all, but my favourite has to be the pincushion box, it is gorgeous. Have a great Sunday. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John the cards and pincushion box are all gorgeous. Hasn't a lot changed for you this year. Have a a great day. I am looking forward to what you share tomorrow. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John. 3 more lovely creations. I love the pin cushion box and the card using Sues Californian background in particular. I hope you are all organised and ready for Christmas : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning John,
    Lovely going back over the year.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. All three are lovely. I have the background die in the first card and have only cut it out once and never used it! I can see it staring at me as I write! I was lucky enough to get a new sewing machine for my birthday in Oct So, when I re-open my craft area (I'm desperately trying not to go in there between now and Christmas coz there's too much other stuff to do!) I will look for pincushion and have a go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John,
    Great posts today. Love the Spanish background and what you've done with it. And the Californian background is just beautiful, I use it a lot. As I do the Spanish one, they are just so versatile.
    That heart is great.
    Finish the last card today and then that's 2014 DONE!! I shall start again after Xmas, won't be caught out like that again in 2015.
    HAGD, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eh up John
    Enjoying the review. The pin box is gorgeous.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still use my pin box you made for me too. Merry Christmas. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bought the Spanish background after seeing the cards you made with it and it is still one of my favorites.
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  14. Again, great choices and must tries. Off now to scan old posts for the Christmas table decorations you posted earlier. Very wet here todsy so I may get to try my hand at some. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John, love this box, I would also keep it on display, it's gorgeous. The cards are both beautiful. Thank you for shareing. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card John,I like the colour. The pin box is fab.love it.
    Have a good day Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  17. All three designs are lovely.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another fab trio of creations and may just have to have a go at making the pin cushin box (when I have some free time) for my stick pins - it is gorgeous xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yet again three beautiful card John really love them all so pleased we don't have to choose just one.
    Hugs
    Margaret corgi owner

    ReplyDelete