Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Wednesday, 10 December 2014

Eat Dessert First...

Happy Wednesday,

Another card made with the chalk board range of stamps however this time I wanted to show the different look you get by embossing the image in white embossing powder rather than with a chalk based ink pad as I did last week.

Todays stamp is the Life is short eat dessert first a sentiment we can all agree with, well I do anyway especially of dessert is a cheese plate!


I made the base card using the External Rings striplet die by Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions without the border piece.  I cut the die into the centre of two side panels measured at 10cm each (making a 20cm square card when put together)

Next I made these two pieces of card into opposing folded edges of a square card and added a white panel behind each aperture.  I then added 5mm pearls on each junction to really define the die cut and give the card some pop.

Next I stamped the inamge / sentiment onto black card using perfect medium and embossed it with Cosmic Shimmer detail white embossing powder, and eat set it.  I cut the image out using Sue's Salzburg die.  I then cut a white oval using the largest edge die from the set from a piece of coconut white card to which I had added a piece of double sided adhesive sheet.  Stickimg this piece to the reverse of the stamped image it left the sections in the die with sticky which allowed me to add iced snow to give a further level of bling (unfortunately this doesn't show well o the pictures)


I simply foam mounted the finished topper to the left hand panel and added a messy bow with ice white seam binding.

Ingredients:
Sue Wilson's Dies
Eternal Rings Striplet
Austrian Collection Salzburg
Creative Expressions Life is short Pre cut Singles stamp
Black & coconut White foundation card
Cosmic Shimmer Detail White embossing powder

It would be great if you could click over to the Creative Expressions blog, take a mooch about and see what the other team members ahem come up with, and of course leave a comment on my project! lol  I believe the timings have changed now so the post should be live whenever you read this!

Enjoy...


23 comments:

  1. Morning John
    WOW lovely card today.
    I would eat dessert first no trouble at all - tiramisu please!
    Thank you for your inspiration.
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John, this card certainly is very striking. I love black and white, and the side panels are awesome. I could always eat my dessert first, well I could actually make it my main course! Have a good day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John. A great card today. You do get quite a difference between using chalk based ink pads and embossing powder don't you. I could happily have either a yummy chocolate dessert or a cheese board instead of a main meal any time : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card & what a great sentiment!!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card John, looks brilliant in Black & White, something I don't make enough of lol!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John,
    Fabulous card, love the use of the striplet on the side panels. Not keen on these stamps but love the concept.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eh up John
    Have yet to get any of the new Striplets but the rings do look good on this.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great concept love the Striplet die Not sure about these sentiments I can't see me using them on the few cards I make

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card John love the idea you have used for the striplet very clever, BUT where is the dessert have you eaten it already!!!
    Hugs
    Margaret corgi owner

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John, gorgeous card, and totaly agree with the sentiment. I haven't made this shape card for ages, now the Christmas cards are all done. I can play again. Hooray.
    X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like this card a lot John.. It looks like a pretty cupboard that when you open the doors, all the sweet goodies are layed out inside.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A winner with me on all sides. It is such a sophisticated look. And, I'm someone who always looks at the pudding menu before the mains. Thanks for the make up details, much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John,
    love this card (and mine is profiteroles!). I couldn't be without those striplets, they are gorgeous.
    HAGD, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  14. great card John ,love all the striplets .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John I love this one especially the sentiment Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John, I think you already had the pudding after eat set the embossing powder, tihi
    Great card doh,like the black and white.Very nice!
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John,
    Gorgeous card, love how you have given the Striplet a touch of Glamour by adding pearls. I love it all. Take care, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card John, the striplet die is awesome, the pearls really set it off.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the card and I have brought this Striplet die (not used it yet) but got some inspiration from today's creation - thanks xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John this is a gorgeous card I love the sentiment I think I might put it into practice. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great idea to use the striplet die like this. It makes a beautiful card. I've asked for these and the Gemini dies for Christmas, so hopefully Santa wil be generous!

    Hugs Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Black isn't a colour I would have chosen....I am going to have to try it!
    So strikinly beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John, those stamps are amazing especially stamped in white on black to create the chalkboard effect. I also like how you have managed to cut the die into the card stock and it matches up x x x

    ReplyDelete