Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Wednesday, 17 December 2014

Creative Wednesday The final 2014....

Happy Wednesday.

Today's card is my last DT card for this year for Creative Expressions as we take a break for the festive Period!  This month we were all working with the Chalk Board stamps and I thought that I would go slightly out of my comfort zone and do a distressed card for a change.  I found the playing with distress inks, pads and the resist technique really refreshing however I am well aware that this is not to every ones taste, let me know what you think?!?









I started by stamping the background stamp using perfect medium randomly around a square of coconut white foundation card.  I then embossed the piece with cosmic shimmer detail clear embossing powder and heat set it.

Next I used cut and dry foam to swirl different colours over the embossed pattern.  Once I was happy with the shades I polished the piece with a dry wet wipe which removes the colour form the embossed design.

Next I stamped the sentiment stamp with the same method onto another piece of card.  This time i added the distress ink then sprayed the whole piece with chestnut chalk mist.  Once again I polished off the colour from the design to make the sentiment shine through.

To finish the card I matted the pieces with brown and Kraft card and added them to a piece of Kraft card embossed with the A4 pinpoint embossing folder.  For the ribbon and bow I sprayed the chalk mist onto a piece of white seam binding and crumpled it up to give a graduated colouration.




I hope you like my foray into distressed cards, I may try again!

Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Espresso Yourself single stamp
Creative Expressions sketchy utensils A6 background stamp
Distress Ink in Spiced Marmalade. Fired Brick and Walnut Stain
Cosmic Shimmer Chestnut mister
Creative Expressions A4 Pinpoint Embossing Folder Check board
White seam binding

Don't forget to pop over to the Creative Expressions blog and leave a comment!

Enjoy...

22 comments:

  1. Hi John.
    Thank you a very nice card. John do you know why a lot of eateries have the colour Orange in their deco?, it is said the colour Orange increases the appetite, my head is full of useless information LOL take care Kitty have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello John, a very different card, but I really like it. Playing with distress inks can really produce some fun results. Have a good day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John
    WOW just can't work out how the background is done with the sentiment coming through. I will have to sit and practice and read your instructions again.
    Hope you are enjoying your break in Spain.
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice card, minus the bow! It's different but I like it.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John I do like this card though it is quite different to your usual style. It is good to try new techniques. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John. Playing catch up so want to say that I loved yesterdays card. Todays card is certainly different. For someone who doesn't do distressed very often I think it is great. I must be honest though and say that it is not really to my personal taste. How boring if we all loved the same things though. I'm glad you had a safe journey home. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I understand the reason Coffee shops use orange but it's not a colour for me! I love the techniques you've used I haven't used my Distress inks in a while I must get them out again

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card John, love the colour but shame the writing does not stand out too well but it is beautiful.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice card but not for me.xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great technique john but not too keen on the card.
    Love vaal x

    ReplyDelete
  11. |Morning John,
    Sorry this one is not for me. Don't like the stamps either.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eh up John
    Not sure about the distressed ribbon but I think the distressing on the card is great.
    Like others, its the stamps that don't do it for me so would be fab to see you do more of this with a different subject matter.
    Hope you had an uneventful trip home .
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John, I love the colours, wish I had a little of your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John,
    it's lovely - all I can say is that it was well worth increasing your comfort zone.
    HAGD, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John, Love this card and the techniques you have used, am putting these on my list to do after this crazy season is over. Take care, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  16. I happen to like the look of your card today John. It seems this look is more in vogue here in the US where as in the UK the style is more clean, know what I mean? you also made me giggle with your oxymoron "a dry wet wipe". Good to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous DT card John, I need to experiment more with distress inks x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this type of crafting amd it also more forgiving which is a bonus!!Really like the background you have made but really don't like the stamp - maybe it is just me but don't really see it being a very useful to a crafty arsenal!! xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John, I like your distressinking but not sure about the card itself,sorry.
    I have pinned onto mens card as they need some more.
    Wishing you a great christmas Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  20. So sorry John but distressing is not for me nor are this set of stamps I have seen what some of the others in the DT have done and while I love coffee these stamps are not for me. However I love the layout of your card and shall be using it with other materials so thank you for the idea.
    My apologies once again but you were brave to ask!
    Hugs
    Margaret corgi owner

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another great card to end the year, happy new year to you x x x

    ReplyDelete