Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Saturday, 29 November 2014

Something Different Saturday...

Happy Saturday,

Now I haven't forgotten that there is one more Gemini die to showcase and I have used that one for my something simple card for tomorrow.  However today is the first time I can show how I played with the new Floral Striplet from Sue's new range.  As per usual I have made a box, today is a candle box and a small bonus of a glass tea light holder to handy on a tree. (as suggested by Mr Next Door)

This is a very simple project I simply scored a piece of A4 card stock at 5.5cm intervals which gives 5 panels and a small strip to adhere the sides together.  I then cut the centre panel from the striplet into each panel inking through the die with Worn Lipstick distress Ink.

Once cut I scored the piece at the bottom and top at 2cm which created flaps to add a hand cut hexagon on the bottom as the base, I also add a smaller hexagon inside the box to stabilise the base.




The second box shown here is made in the same manner however I didn't ink this one and I added strips of velum inside the box so that the light (I used a battery powered tea light).. To decorate this box I cut some of the Camilla flowers full petals in Blush Foundation card and the same sizes in the Camilla open petals in the same Milk card.  I finished these using Cosmic Shimmer Pearl PVA glue dots.


The small hanging light is even simpler.  I cut the striplet using the inside and the border to make a strip.  I inked through this and simply, using spray glue, added this around a small glass jar.  I tried a thing pink ribbon, from my stash, as a handle then wrapped ribbon around the top finished with a simple hand tied (unusual for me I know) bow.

Ingredients:
Sue Wilson Floral Meadow Striplet
Camila Open & Closed petals die
Milk Foundation Card
Worn Lipstick Distress Ink
Cosmic Shimmer Pearl PVA

Enjoy...



27 comments:

  1. so beautiful john....your inspiration is amazing!
    you could batch make these and sell them on ebay, you'd make a fortune.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning John both boxes and the tea light holder are gorgeous. I am so missing my Grand Calibur to do larger projects. I have a new teal one on order but I still have a while to wait. Thank you for all the inspiration you give us. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both lovely John. This is one of the dies I have ordered and doesn't it look beautiful when it'S cut?
    Off to the UK to shop today.Yeh.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two great projects today-they both look great.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John
    Two fantastic projects today, will give this a go the box is good for Christmas table decorations.
    By the way I have some waxing to do can you help.....
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda. Im not able to reply as I don't have your email address but if you want to send me an email then I can reply back. That goes the same for anybody who has any questions, unfortunately I can't reply direct to comments so please email me lockers@live.co.uk.
      Many thanks to all of you for your lovely comments.

      Delete
  6. Morning John,
    What Beautiful items that you've done for us today, I always Love Sue's Striplet Dies, I've just purchased The Eternal Rings and I love it, you've made me seriously think about buying The Floral Striplet as this is so pretty! so many to choose from.
    Thanks for sharing John.
    Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John. Beautiful, simply beautiful. I love both the candle boxes and the jar. I have the Eternal Rings striplet and this one is on my list, of course : ) Have a good weekend. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John, these projects are really lovely. This striplet is one of my favourites although I don't have it yet. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stop it! Every time I see your work I change my mind as to what to treat myself to! I asked for a new coat for Christmas I should have said S*d the coat I'll freeze and have this list of dies instead!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning John,
    Two lovely projects, love the striplet die these are so useful.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John you have created 2 masterpieces, the die looks very striking x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so pleased to see how you've used this die to create such adorable projects. This was actually my favourite die but I've wanted to see it being used before I bought it. Your projectis have convinced me so this will definitely be my next purchase.!


    Hugs Alice xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Eh up John
    These do look lovely in the flesh with the tea lights in.
    Hope Amanda's waxing is of the crafting variety lol!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning John
    Just love this Floral Meadow die and was waiting for it later but decided today to buy it - so useful die
    Love what you have made today - keep them coming
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. These boxes are wonderful John, I especially like the second one with the Camellia flowers, thank you.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  16. good morning John oh what a super idea of how to use such a beautiful die really love this. I was not aware that you could get battery operated tea lights so must get searching for some! Thank you for this very safe and useful information.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Hugs
    Margaret corgi owner

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John,
    Lovely offerings today, and it looks as if I'll have to get the floral meadow striplet as well as all the others I've already got. Mind you, I've done the bevelled striplets in a project similar and they look fab.
    HAGD, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John,
    Oh my word these are such beautiful boxes and you have made it so simple to do. I love the latest of Sue's striplet dies. Thank you so much for all the wonderful inspiration you give us John.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the boxes, beautiful for the Christmas holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both stunning creations John.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John. wonderful creations,just wonderful!
    Take care Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the box John, I bought some battery powered T lights last year. Charged them up forever, and barely got a glimmer out of them. Very disappointed - I wouldn't have been able to see much with one of mine in your box.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello John, These boxes are gorgeous. Hadn't thought of using Striplet dies to make a lantern box light - thank you for the inspiration. Take care, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  24. Three fab creations - luv rhem all xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete