Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Wednesday, 5 November 2014

Sneak Peak

Happy Wednesday,

I hope those of you that are at home today (or have a PC on your desk that you can sneakily watch on as I did art work a couple of years ago!) can tune in the my solo shows on Create and Craft today.  I have put together a selection of Sue's dies alongside some new dies and embossing folders from Couture Creations.  I have also been allowed to select my choice of colours in Foundation card as well as a range of Cosmic Shimmer products.  Those of you who are regulars in jy Blog family will know my love of matching shades and colours so it should be interesting to see what Colours I have selected to blend and match for my style.

Today's card is  a sneak peak of one of the demo's I have prepared for the shows and should give you an idea as to my current palette!

Tune in for the ingredients list ! lol


Also today is my turn for the Design Team for Creative expressions!  This month we were given either a selection of Christmas stamps or the new Dancer stamps to use.  I pulled christmas which was lucky as I think I must of been a christmas elf in a previous life!



Now todays offering has split opinion at home and amongst the folks at CE Towers as it isn't my usual style and Mr Next door said its not very Christmassy!  I however love the subtle shine from the gilding flakes and love stamping with them.  I stamped the large pear image from the Partridge in a Pear Tree stamp set form Creative Expressions, in flake and glitter glue I then cleaned my stamp while the glue went off (It's very important to clean your stamp immediately as the glue can damage your stamp)  I then rubbed Egyptian Gold gilding flakes over the stamped image and removed the excess using rubit scrubit pad.



For the panels I repeated the gilding flake  stamping using the pear background form the same set and mounted these onto Vintage Gold card adding a border of coconut white as well.

To make the card I folded a sheet of A4 coconut white card into a gate fold and added panels of vintage gold embossed with Sue's Snowflake lattice A4 embossing folder (this Christmases must have for me!) matted with a layer of white and gold to mirror the panels.  I foam mounted the panels over the top running down the left hand gate adding the large pear across the front however it is only attached on the right.  This means that the left hand panel is held closed by tucking it behind the large image of the pear.  The sentiment is stamped in the same method, layered with the gold and white and added inside the card as a surprise!

I finally added some white seam binding to balance the white, you could add some bling to the centres of the snowflakes if you wanted this m,ore christmassy .

Click HERE to see what the other Design Team members have made with similar sets or just to catch up on news at CE Towers.

Enjoy...




27 comments:

  1. Hi John, good luck for your solo shows today, luckily I work from home and have a TV above my desk, so will be watching. I love both these cards, both have amazing colour combos, and the use of all the different products is fab. The new dies look fantastic, so thanks for the sneak peek. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John
    Good luck with your shows today! I'll watch them later as I'll be at work all day! Two lovely cards, I love the rich plum colour. Best wishes, Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great cards-lovely colours. Goid luck on TV later, I'll have to record both shows as i'm off to work soon for another fun filled day in hospital Pharmacy.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning John your cards are gorgeous. I have just seen a sneak peak on Julia Watt's blog of one of the new dies it looks beautiful. Good luck with the shows. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John,
    I Love both of your Stunning Cards, I Truly Love The Richness of the Plum so Elegant and Extremely Classy, I also Love the second with The Pear I Love The Embossing and the Awesome Gilding Flakes, I'm so looking forward to the shows.
    Hugs from Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with todays shows, I will be watching while at my Cheese shop, love todays card, different but very effective nice alternative for a Christmas card

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John,
    Great cards, enjoy your shows today, will have to watch on catch up as I'm out today.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both lovely cards John. Will be watching later.
    Good luck.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John,
    Two stunning cards today and very different I love them both. Good luck for today even though I'm sure you won't need it.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply gorgeous. I too, like matching shades of colours. Will have to watch repeat shows because I've not caught up on tv schedule yet It's so good to be back! The pear card is unusual and I know the perfect recipient - my sister in law She collects anything to do with 12 days of Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John. Two gorgeous cards, I love the purple and the pear card is great. Enjoy today, I will be watching the 10 am and recording both. Looking forward to seeing what you have for us : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello John, I have just read your blog properly hence the re write. I wish you all the best for your shows today and will be watching. I love both of your cards and are on the top of my list to do once my F&F cards for Christmas are done, hopefully today.
    X Ros H

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John,
    two beautiful cards, and don't let anyone tell you differently. Will record the shows and watch later in the evening, looking forward to that treat.
    HAGD, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eh up John
    Definite fruity theme with your plums and dare I say, what a nice pear lol! Love the opulence of the first card. Rich and deep. Im with Mr ND with the second as it doesn't say Christmas to me either but its a cracking card nonetheless.
    Im poised in front of the telly
    ready for action. . . . .yours, not mine lol!
    Best of luck matey.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  16. brilliant card john...good luck .....not that you will need it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just watched your first solo show John, you did well! Long may t continue!

    ReplyDelete
  18. two great cards, you are doing a great job on the shows well done.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John,

    Stunning cards BOTH of them. Love the colour combo on the first and a fabulous design. Love the second card too, its a very subtle Christmas card, it may not shout out Christmas but if people refer to the 12 days then yes it does, I know I'm starting to waffle on a bit (usual me!) but I love it, great Pear of stamps , sorry lol!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love both cards John and although the second one doesn't say christmas to me either, it is still a lovely card. I wonder if it contained more Christmassy colours it might be more Christmassy but the colours you have used are also beautiful. Will be recording your shows for inspiration. Good luck today.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John

    Your shows were brilliant today. I love how you use the masks in your designs as as well as being a big CE fan, I am a very big fan of Ali's masks.

    Will check on your blog again now I've found it!

    Crafty hugs,

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great 2nd Show John, was out during the first so can't comment on that one.
    Great samples and fantastic demos.
    You are so much more relaxed and really give off the vibes that you are loving what you are doing.
    I really like both of today's cards, I can deinitely see some Christams in the second one......that beautiful Pear is the Key!!!
    Have a fantastic holiday

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello John, I love both of these cards they are gorgeous, the second one would be great for friends who enjoy Christmas but not in the religious sense, SO yes this one gets the thumbs up from me. Take care, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  24. Two brillisnt cards amd luvin the colour combo of the first - I could well & truly kick myself cos I forgot to Sky+ the shows and been at work so hoping they may be on the re-runs xx have a great, relaxing holiday xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John,
    I was so engrossed in your demos, that I forgot to email in.
    Love the colour card and other things you chose for the show. Well done on a wonderful and informative show, and I did learn a few tips from you too.
    You are a very natural telly personality.
    love the cards your showed , and these superb creations today.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I saw the 10 AM show John, you were great and I loved all the samples and the card you did on air. Love the color palette of plums and beiges. The pear card is so pretty, I really like those gilding flakes.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John,
    I had a really manic day so didn't get to watch your shows yet but I have recorded them so will look forward to that tomorrow. Love the classy glitz of the purple card and really like the layout and design of the gold card but I'm not a fan of the pears? They just don't speak Christmas to me but if it was a different stamp set, I'd love it.

    Hugs Alice xx

    ReplyDelete