Sunday, 23 November 2014

Simple Sunday...

Happy Sunday,

WE all had a fab time yesterday at Daisies in Coventry and the ladies came up with some beautiful variants on the workshop card!  Unfortunately I can't seem to get the pictures off my iPhone and onto blogger at the moment so will try to post later in the week!

Back to today and a simple offering using the new Floral Meadow striplet form Sue Wilson for Creative expressions.  I love the way that a simple cut of this die, cut solely with the striplet and not the cutting edge, coloured can be so effective.

I started by cutting the striplet in coconut white card down one side and whilst still in the die I used peacock feathers distress Ink to colour the piece.  Next I cut the outside edge die in a piece of spearmint foundation card and foam mounted this over the top.





Next I drew around the outside edge of the border die and cut the aperture out with my scalpel this time in coconut white.  This gave me a set of reverse mats which I foam mounted together for dimension.

I then sprayed a piece of white seam binding with Phil Martin's new Graceful Mint Ink spray to match the colour.  The new Cosmic Shimmer Mint range is a perfect match for the Spearmint foundation card and is a beautiful shade of green, a colour I rarely use.  I placed a strip of the ribbon behind the die cit and made a small bow with an off cut.

Finally I stamped the sentiment, form the Creative Expressions everyday set in black archival and added the bow to highlight it.

A simple card that really shows off, in my opinion, the beauty of the detailed striplet die cut.

Ingredients:
Sue Wilson's Floral Meadow Striplet die
Peacock Feathers DI
Coconut White & Spearmint Foundation Card
White seam binding
Cosmic Shimmer Graceful Mint Ink Mist Spray


Enjoy...


26 comments:

  1. Morning John
    This striplet I'm definitely going to buy. Your card is lovely - thank you for sharing.
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. A lovely card showing off the Floral Meadow striplet, it is beautiful. I will have a go at making something similar with my gorgeous Eternal Rings striplet which arrived yesterday. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh up John
    Thought the gals had done you in with you being late lol! This card looks so pretty in the flesh. The mint is fab as is the die.
    The ladies left a happy bunch and you were very entertaining and you have a 10 year old who thinks you're amazing! (and a few 40,50 and 60 somethings too lol!)
    Have some chill time today matey.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John, this card is understated & classy, does not need anything else, wonderful x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello John, a very classy card and definitely a good less is more card. Enjoy your Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John, Oh such an elegant card today...love that striplet die hopefully mine will arrive tomorrow. Glad yesterday ent well.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John
    Love this new daisy die of Sue's, I think it is the best striplet she has done
    The card is stunning
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John, a stunning card, love this striplet die, it is so delicate, it is on my wish list. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card John and I love the colour. I bought this die the other day so I can give this card a go. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delicate touch to the striplet John, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card - luv it and the colour combo too xx glad you had a good day yesterday xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simple, elegant and understated, one of the nicest cards I've seen in ages, thanks John.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those striplet dies are very pretty and I can see so many ways to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning John, this card is simply stunning. I love it all. My Christmas wish list for dies just gets longer and longer. Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. great card and I love the ribbon behind the die cut suttle so pretty .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  16. so stunning and beautiful, love it john!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John this is a gorgeous card I love how you have used the striplet die. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful card and so effective I love the fact that these latest Striplets have a straight cutting edge It makes a lovely base for these reverse matting ideas Stunning colour combination Sounds like everyone had a brill time yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John,

    Fabulous card today, love the Spearmint card, gorgeous colour and you cannot go wrong with any of Sue's dies, this striplet being no exception.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a beautiful die. I love how you have used it. Simple but beautiful.....xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very clever, John, to put the ribbon behind the stiplet.

    Quite grand indeed!

    Thank you for sharing,
    Petrina

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John,
    This is really lovely and the colours are beautiful.
    HAGD, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John,
    A lovely card, I'm loving this striplet die I think maybe this will be my next purchase.
    Sounds like you had a good day yesterday.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  24. This was my favourite of all Sue's newest batch of dies and you have shown it off so well in this delightful card!

    Hugs Alice xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello John, LOVE this card it's so fresh and beautiful. Take care, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  26. absolutely lovely ! One of the very best !
    Hugs,
    Rose
    xx

    ReplyDelete