Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Monday, 24 November 2014

Gemini Week..

Happy Monday,

I hope you all had a lovely weekend it's back to Monday I'm afraid !  I thought it would be fun this week, Monday to Friday at least, to make a card challenge for myself.  I love the new Gemini dies form Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions and thought it would be fun to make a card for each day this week using one of the five from the new range each day.  I love these dies as they are beautiful designs that can make loads of different looks simply by altering the dies used form each set.

The gemini range has a filigree or detailed centre panel then a different, separate, cutting edge for each side meaning that you can create 6 different borders or shaped edge for the edge of your cards from each set.


Mondays offering is Lyra which I have used on this card as a matted layer to highlight the centre piece.  I cut a piece of Rich Plum foundation card using the centre panel and the border edge, embossed it and simply cut the piece to match a square 18cm x 18cm that I cut in Milk card and embossed using the Creative Expression A4 rambling blooms embossing folder.  This gives a lovely juxtaposition between the colours and textures.







The centre panel is made using the new New York Collection Union Square die set.  I simply cut each of the dies in the set in Rich Plum and again in Milk and, alternating the colours, foam mounted them.  A simple CE sentiment in the middle and a striking monochrome card appears.







Ingredients:
Sue Wilson's Dies
New York Union Square
Gemini collection Lyra
Creative Expression A4 Rambling Blooms embossing Folder
Rich Plum & Milk foundation Card


Another Gemini Tomorrow,

Enjoy...

29 comments:

  1. Beautiful , love it & great colours x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card, love the monochrome look. I'm having a difficult time choosing a few dies from Sues new range.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning John this card is gorgeous. Sue's new dies are amazing. I have ordered a couple and that will have to do for now. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eh up John
    I can testify that this is a gorgeous card in the flesh. Even better now I understand what to do with these dies lol!
    Off to scrape the car now.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John, love the card today, sue Wilson dies are fab. You've got the best job being able to use these dies first. Have a good day.Janice xxx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John. What a pretty card. I love the New York dies in particular. Sue's Gemini dies are such a great idea, it is good to see what can be done with them. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these Gemini dies John, gorgeous card.
    Prob see you Thursday4th. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card John. I'm really undecided which of Sue's new dies to buy so it's great that you're going to demo them this week. I'll probably want all of them but sadly can't.
    Yesterdays card was beautiful as well. Love the Striplet idea.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful I have a couple of the Gemini collection on my Need List! So I'm so so glad you're dedicating the whole week to them! I'm loving the NY collection too as they're square shaped which is the majority shaped cards I make Your card is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply gorgeous card. This colour combo is rich and exhuberent and shows off the design really well. I'm not sure I fully grasp the potential of thesecgemini dies, so hopefully you will be revealing more of that over the next few days. I do love all the designs in this Gemini collection but have to narrowness down my choices because I can't get them all.

    Hugs Alice xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John
    Love this card, Sue's new Dies are fantastic - love them all
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning John,
    A stunner, love it. Look forward to seeing what you you make during the week.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely, Jon, I think these are my favourites from this range, the New York dies and the Gemini, so lovely to see how you are using them
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John.
    Beautiful card and you have used Sue's dies so exquisitely. Looking forward to the rest of the week to see what you come up with.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John,
    Beautiful card - can't wait to see what you've done with the Ursa die as this is one I purchased, together with a fair few others of Sue's latest collections.
    HAGD, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card John, love the way you put dies thro their paces.
    X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great classy looking card John, I love it x x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice to see some ways of using Sue's new dies.
    Cheers John
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good morning John yet another lovely card from you. You have really made these new dies come to life Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card John, and I look forward to seeing what you do 'form' all the other dies during the week. Did you know your fingers have a bit of word blindness? You keep typing 'form' when you mean 'from', I know the problem, I had something similar when I first learned to type, about 50 years ago! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning card John, love how you have used the Lyra die and the colours go so well together. Love it.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  22. fab card ,love the dies used and the colour card too .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card John. I am so glad I found your site. You are truly an inspiration. Love the way you use the dies.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John,
    Stunning Card Like yourself I Love Sue's New Dies, I'm sorry I didn't comment yesterday or earlier it's just that my internet as been down, you don't realize how stuck you are until you haven't got it., I Love The Plum Card IVE Just got mine from Joanna sheen.
    Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John, another stunning creation, love the colours. Thanks for all the inspiration. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  26. John I just love what you have been doing with the new Sue Wilson Dies. You have a wonderful ability to bring us inspiration and match colours so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous card and luv the mixture of dies yiu have used - I'm still 'umming & arring' which dies to buy - think I need to see more samples first before I decide - but these are in the maybe list now xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete