Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Tuesday, 25 November 2014

Gemini 2...

Happy Tuesday,



Today is day 2 of my Gemini week and today I am showcasing a Christmas Card made using the Gemini Die Carina.  I used the die to make a edge this time.  The beauty of the gemini range is that either side can be used to create an edged card.  I die cut the other edge die Carina die on the edge of an A4 sheet of coconut white card, to do this I used the centre panel and the edge die from the right hand side.

I then turned the A4 sheet into a trifold card with the edge folding over.  Next I embossed  another piece of the card using the Creative Expressions A4 Swirling holly embossing folder and rubbed it all over with Pearl Moon gilding wax.  I set the waxed piece aside to dry and die cut the edge using just the edge die from the Carina set.






Once dry I buffed up the gilding wax, using a dry baby wipe (Thanx for the tip Julia) which gives the piece a stunning shine.  The pearl moon gilding wax has the ability to take a plain piece of cardstock and create a pearlised finish and gives a richer look that any pearlised card. 

The remainder of the card is relatively simple I used another piece of the gilded and embossed sheet on the inside flap of the card for balance.  The benefit of the Gemini dies is that you can cut the two edges separately, this has allowed me to match each cut side to the design, no hand cutting required.


I finished the card with a strip of seam binding in ice white with a hand tied bow. The poinsettia is cut form Sue Wilson's mosaic poinsettia die, sprayed with spray glue and covered in glitter jewels glacier ice. finished with a pearl.

 Ingredients:
Sue Wilson's Gemini Die Carina
Mosaic Poinsettia die
coconut white foundation card
Pearl Moon gilding wax
Glitter Jewels Glacier Ice




Enjoy...

35 comments:

  1. Reay pretty card John, but I'm still not sure that I get how these Gemini dies work. Guess I have to buy one and play with it.

    Hugs Alice xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your Gemini week cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John
    Such a gorgeous card today.
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John
    Such a gorgeous card today.
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW John, this is so beautiful. Just loving these gemini dies.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning John your card is gorgeous I love the new dies and this one looks like a must. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card-very elegant.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty I'm loving that this week's cards are following a theme AND if I had to have a favourite out of the collection it's these Gemini dies Fell in love with them when Sue first showed them

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card John, make a wonderful wedding card.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning John,
    Fabulous card love it. These dies look so useful just wish I could buy them all.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eh up John
    As you know, this is my fave of the Geminis. Stunning card. Love it!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! and would be stunning as a wedding card too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have been visiting your blog for a little while now John, but I have to say that is possibly the best card that you have made, it's absolutely gorgeous, you're such a clever guy!!
    Thank you so much for sharing,
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John,
    Oh my your card today is so stunningly exquisite...I really will have to invest in the Gemini dies....love what yo have done with the poinsettia too.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John, this card has definitely got the wow factor, I love the edge die gorgeous x x x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A WOW card. really beautiful.....xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John, beautiful card, I will have to play with the gilding waxes as in my craft room all they do is make it smell lovely.
    X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  18. A stunning creation John! Pearlized cardstock makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John, lovely card today, I have just received this die through the post and now I really want to start using it. I just love the gilding as well. Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. John, this card is absolutely breathtaking. Thanks so much so showing how to use these dies and gilding wax.

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW John this card is so beautiful - I just love it. Love the way you have made that beautiful Pointsettia sparkle, I hadn't thought of using spray glue when adding glitter, I will definitely be giving this a try.
    You really have inspired me John thank you. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John,
    this is a very stunning creation.
    I love the effect on the card from that gilding wax.
    Just put a perfect finish to a stunning die, and your wonderful creation with it.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John,
    Sorry my comment is lateThis Card Is Truly Beautiful
    Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John Truly stunning,so many ways to show
    us how to work with these new wonderful dies
    Have a nice evening Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  25. fab card really stunning ,love the white card gilded.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello John, this card is very elegant, thank you for sharing the inspiration of the new die range. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous card - luv it and the gilding wax looks fab - unfortunately I was one of the of the unlucky ones who purchases the CE waxes from the first release including the colour you have used which is stunning but none of them are any good now - apparently they have changed the lid on the new ones to stop them drying out - bit annoying to say the least as I bought six of them - QC went out of the window I think when the originals were made xx hope you have the MarkII versions xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gail. Sorry to hear you had a bad batch of gilding waxes. Contact CE and tell them your problem and they should send you replacements, free of charge obviously. Good luck. Take care.

      Delete
  28. Lovely card John, not many people make trifolds these days, so this makes a nice change.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John. Love the card. The more I see the Gemin I dies used the more I like them. I will reply to your email ASAP, sorry but it's hectic here at the moment! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful card John, I need a wedding card for my niece, so I am going to change the flower and use this gorgeous card. I know it will be a lovely card for a January wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very Stunning card, John. I just got that die and after looking and reading about how you made this, I think I understand~so going to the craft room..Thanks for sharing your great cards

    ReplyDelete