Wednesday, 26 November 2014

Creative Christmas Wednesday...

Happy Wednesday,



Its time for the DT entry for this week for Creative Expressions and the last design for Christmas, well for the Design Team anyway! lol

As the last card I have made with a Christmas Theme it had to be, of course, Christmas Trees!  I started this card by making the background in the same method as last week however I worked in the reverse of the dark sky technique  by masking off a portion of the foreground using cut pieces of copier paper.  I worked the darkest shade of distress ink from the bottom mask up the page.  Next I did the same with the mid shade finishing with the lights shade.






To make the look of snow at the top I flicked drops of water over the piece and blotted off the excess.  This technique works by removing some of the colour allowing the white or lighter shade to shine through.  I finished background by using the lightest shade over the foreground using again pieces of copier paper cut randomly as masks to make a snowy landscape.

Next I die cut three of the 2014 Sue Wilson Christmas tree dies in silver and 2 shades of blue and stuck them to the background.  I then added a sheet of double sided adhesive all over and added diamond Sparkles to give a snowy element.


The background card is simply a piece of coconut white card embossed through the Creative Expressions A4 snowflake lattice embossing folder and inked with the chipped sapphire distress Ink.  A few layers of matching white and vintage gold card complete the base.  I added a few spellbinders die cut snowflakes which I highlighted with Cosmic Shimmer aqua twinkles and a sentiment embossed in cosmic shimmer detail silver embossing powder.

Click over to the Creative Expressions blog to see what other treasures are showing and to find stockists of the products I have used if you want to replicate it!

Ingredients:
Sue Wilson's Christmas Tree Die
Creative Expressions A4 Snowflake lattice embossing folder
Distress Inks Chipped Sapphire, Broken China & Tumbled Glass
Creative Expressions Christmas Sentiments Stamp Set

Enjoy...

23 comments:

  1. Stunning card John, love your colouring, the shading is exquisite! Beautiful winter scene.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. Beautiful card. I love the sky.
    I found myself ordering lots of the new Sue Wilson dies yesterday Seeing as how i wasn't a lucky winner of any in Sue's draw. I hadn't intended to buy any as i was saving my pennies for a trip to Uk this weekend but Joanna Shenn has them all reduced at the moment and it's free post to Spain so i would be mad not to order them wouldn't I?
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, great colours. I aldo ordered lots of dies from Joanna Sheen as its a good deal.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John,
    What a Beautiful Rich Looking Card I Love the Fabulous Colour of the background where you've used Sue's Embossing Folder then used the Fabulous Distress Inks which I love also, it's a Stunning Card John.
    Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card. I shouldn't have to make many more Christmas cards this year. Maybe I will try this technique next year. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John,
    Lovely card, rich and gorgeous.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John,
    Oh this is gorgeous, love how you have done the background and the colours are great....such a wonderful card.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eh up John
    Very Sheena Douglass lol!
    Great card but my favourite is still your triple stamped one.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the card John, your sky effect is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John. Love this one, and in beautiful colours : ) Take care.
    p.s. Gail I left a reply on your comment yesterday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mrs B - I am going to contact them and see what they say xx GailT xx

      Delete
  11. This card gives me a warm soft feeling inside. Looks kind of 3D? I think it's just lovely.

    Hugs Alice xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning John lovely card today. I have already finished my cards but this gives me a great idea for next year. Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card John, I like the way you have created depth with the trees x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello John, a lovely card and trees perfect to match with its sentiment.
    X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card John, love the sentiment.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card John, thanks for the inspiration. I shall shamelessly borrow it (you know what they say, copying is the sincerest form of flattery).
    HAGD, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card John and perfect for people who don't celebrate x-mas. I like the colouring you used (dark and mysterious ) Have a good day,
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John, super card, and I love the colours you have used. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello John, What a gorgeous card, I love it. The depth to this design is lovely. Might need to do a take on this one!!!!!!!!! LOL - Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab card with lovely techniques - thanks for your comment on my blog - I have replied to your e-mail address xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete