Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Friday, 28 November 2014

Christmas Gemini...

Happy Friday,

I thought it was time to reintroduce Christmas Friday, I know most people have made their Christmas Cards already however this may give some ideas for next year or if you are like me, a last minute panic make!  AS its Gemini Week then today's card had to feature another of this amazingly useful die sets and today's is Ursa, a delicate die with again 2 separate cutting edges.  Today I have used the edge and centre panel on the edge at the bottom of the card.  This makes a stable card as the design is symmetrical!






I started by die cutting Sue's new Scandinavian background along with the Ursa centre panel and the matching edge die that I felt best matched the pattern of the background die in coconut white foundation card.  I then cut a piece or rich red using just the edge die to make a mat.  I placed the cut panel against the cut red piece and used my rule to cut a border around the piece.  Next I folded a white A3 piece of card in half, placed the front piece on the folded card leaving a border and placed the edge die, using Scotch removable tape, at the bottom edge again leaving a border.







All I then needed to do was run the card through the Grand Calibur which, because it is a thin die, cut both pieces in one pass (I didn't stick the top panel on till it was cut!)  I then added a hand cut banner stamped with the sentiment from Creative Expressions and a poinsettia made using the same method as the other day, along with some red and white bakers twine wrapped around the piece.





Finally to add a little more bling and to show the beauty of the filigree background die I added Cosmic Shimmer Pearl PVA glue dotted on each piece where it seemed to go.  I love the background dies as there always seems to be a natural place to put a pearl, PVA Pearl or gem.

Ingredients:
Sue Wilson's dies
Gemini Collection - Ursa
Scandinavian Collection - Background
Mosaic Poinsettia
Creative Expressions Christmas Sentiments
Rich Red & Coconut white foundation card
Cosmic Shimmer Pearl PVA


Enjoy...

31 comments:

  1. A beautiful, ornate card today John, which I think would be very versatile. Just a change of embellishments would make this suitable for any occasion. My only problem is I'm not very good at understanding all the directions, it seems a bit complex for someone as unskilled as me. It's so much easier watching you demo than following directions, but I'm sure ill see you demoing these lovely dies on c&c at some point. Thanks again for all the inspiration.

    Hugs Alice xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello John, this card is gorgeous, love the filigree look of it. These dies feature quite a bit on my Christmas wish list. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John this is a gorgeous card. I do like these new dies very much. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. What a beautiful card again. I love the Scandinavian background and how you have used the Ursa dies. I think you know by now how much I love Christmas so you can keep on showing them all year as far as I am concerned : ) I have just about finished cutting all of the elements for my Christmas cards so just need to put them together now. I must make the time mustn't I. So much for making one a week all year long! Next year is going to be different (I hope I'm not saying this again in 12 months time!) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card John but like Alice G I do find it difficult to follow the instructions sometimes. What we need is you on C and C more often or videos! How about it?
    Marion B xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John. Another lovely example of what to do with Sues beautiful dies. Really beautiful card that doesn't have to be just for Chriatmas.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card & one that could easily be used for any special occasion.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like Alice and Marion I need more help to understand all that you've done from the "taping" bit onwards I got a bit lost! I fell in love with the Gemini collection when I first saw them They're on my Need List (along with everything else!) I need that money tree in my garden to bear fruit lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John,
    Love your card, found it hard to follow your instructions must be my age. Perhaps a video would be good.
    Lydia
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful, and could be used for any celebration, not just christmas

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another winner - luv it xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, xxxx
    Let me know on email what time and how on Thursday xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Eh up John
    Gorgeous! Love the colours and design. As others have said, could be used for many more occasions.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John,
    Beautiful card, love the colour and of course it can be used for other occasions.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John, This is a lovely card not just for Christmas I can see other celebrations it would be great for. Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John, I don't know how you manage to create one beautiful card after another and this card is no exception- I love it x x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. HI John Beautiful card,love the deep red and the whole card says christmas with the lovely poinsettia. Have a nice day,
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great use of the dies today John, I wish I had more time to play with mine and come up with variations.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just love this card, the die, the colours - just fabulous, John!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. this card is stunning ,love it ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely. Must have these dies...soon
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John,
    a truly beautiful card - love the colours and dies.
    HAGD, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a lovely card John... I love the Ursa die. Crafty Regards Julie Kayxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, such a beautiful card that could be used for any occasion. Had to read the directions a few times to understand how you did it. Finally understood and wondered why it took me so long as it isn't difficult. Thanks so much for sharing. Looking forward to this die to arrive so I can give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John
    Today's Card is Truly Stunning I Love Gaining ideas from yourself and Sue for my Christmas Cards although mine would be nothing like your's and Sue's I Love to check them out and thank you for great photography shots of your Cards as I place them in my Pinterest Folder of your work,, Thank Yo for sharing your Fabulous work with us.
    Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John,
    another very beautifully created creation today.
    This is so stunningly beautiful, and would look so very lovely in lots of different colour choices.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh John what a magnificent and beautiful card such lovely colours too and this will lend itself to other colourways too.
    Hugs
    Margaret corgi owner

    ReplyDelete
  28. Stunning John, love this design.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John, what a stunning card. It really is a double WOW. Anyone would be more than pleased to recieve this beautiful catd. Thank you for shareing it with us LOL. Brenda

    ReplyDelete