Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Thursday, 27 November 2014

Back to Gemini...





Happy Thursday,


As yesterday was my day for the Creative Expressions DT Blog then I had to skip the Gemini week however it's back today.  Today's card is stole! well not exactly stolen but I was lucky enough to to allowed to Hinder Julia Watts at CE Towers in a workshop today's card is based almost solely on one of the cared the lovely ladies made in the Workshop.  The card has not appeared on Julia's blog as yet however click HERE to see what she has posted for us all today.





I stared by using the centre piece from the Gemini die set Orion i cut this twice facing each other (I am trying this week to show all the different ways these fantastic new idea of dies can be used) without using either of the edge dies.  As with all of the Gemini range of dies you get a separate cutting edge for each side which cuts a different pattern.  Once cut I used Sue Wilson's fire and Ice technique to decorate it.  I added a piece of double sided adhesive sheet to the front of the die cut.  Next using a mixture of gilding flakes at the bottom of my gilding box (I tend to use my gilding flakes in a 12 x 12 clear box I keep a pot of the scraps from the different gilds I do)  this sort of filigree design with small, detailed die cuts, is a really good way to use up the little bits left over.

Next I turned the piece over, removed the other side of the sheet and covered the whole piece with Iced Snow.  To make up the card I mounted this piece onto a larger may of the same coconut white card.  I made the centre decoration using the new Camilla die open petals I cut 2 of three different sizes and made these into three separate flowers.  I added these on the front with a piece of Creative Expressions white Tulle cut and tied to a bow style to the middle of the decorated panel.




To make the final card I embossed a larger mat of coconut white using the Honeycomb Haven A4 embossing folder and rubbed Pearl Moon gilding wax over the raised area.  Once dry I polished the gilding wax with a dry baby wipe (another of Julia's tips) its really important to do this like polishing shoes the wax needs to be shin up!





This card does have a really different finish to Julia's however it is based solely on her design so I can claim no plaudits for the techniques, inspiration or finish of this card which I think would be perfect for and anniversary.



Ingredients:
Sue Wilson's Dies
Gemini Collection - Orion
Camilla Flowers open petals
Mixed CE Gilding Flakes
Iced Snow
Creative Expressions A4 Honeycomb Haven embossing Folder
Pearl Moon gilding wax
Stick on pearls

Enjoy...

22 comments:

  1. Oh this is so gorgeous John. I just want to reach out and touch it. Love every detail, and the delicate little posy of flowers just add the perfect finishing touch.

    Hugs Alice xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, really beautiful ! Looks so light and delicate that it could almost float away ! a masterpiece !

    Hugs,
    Rose
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning John, I do love this fire and ice technique, always a winner.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card. I am always getting inspiration from other people my crafting would be very dull if I didn't. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely John. This is one of the dies I've ordered so thanks for another idea of how to use it.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John. This is lovely, it shows off the Orion Gemini dies perfectly. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmmm! I need to see this again on a bigger screen (on iPod not iPad) coz as much as I like the card I'm seeing a sort of trellis effect.... Great idea though

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eh up John
    I like the design and how you have used the dies but just not mad for all the "glitter" I know its posh glitter but you know what Im like lol!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John, a gorgeous card, very opulent. Love the use of the die. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John,
    What a Truly Beautiful Rich Card I Love all the fabulous Glitter, great Card as always John.
    Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Truly scrumptious comes to mind when I look at this card John, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jon
    Oh what a beautifully blingy card. I love it!! It rreminds me of gentle snowflakes falling against a stained glass window.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning John, Lovely card, I have tried this technique but I'm not happy with my results. I will have to practise more. Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I happen to love this card so much John; the fire and ice technique is one of my favorites of Sues and you did a wonderful job on this sparkler.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab card and luv the overall effect and gives us ideas to use dies we already have in our stash to do something similar - great xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I knew these dies were going to be versatile! Keep going
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello John
    I have just found your site and wow what a find, love the card really beautiful and rich looking I am going to have a 'snoop' at some of your previous cards now.
    Margaret corgi owner

    ReplyDelete