Monday, 27 October 2014

What time is it?

Happy Monday,

I am writing this at either five passed seven or six on Sunday morning, I'm not sure of the time as I said yesterday I have a mental block when it comes to the clocks changing.  AS I am up I thought I would write today's post while I am checking that Sundays (today's to me now, see I get confused, has gone out!)

Today's card is a lilac affair that I thought would be nice after the blues and beige's I have been showing for the last week!  I started by stamping the Oval Iron work stamp, from the stamps to die for range, in perfect medium and embossed it with cosmic shimmer detail white embossing powder.  I cut the stamped image using the filigree die from Sue Wilson's Austrian collection Innsbruck die set.  I stamped the sentiment with the same embossing powder and cut this from the centre die in the Salzburg die set and foam mounted it onto the stamped image.

To make the background I ran a piece of the lilac card through the GC with the mask in place then added perfect medium over the top, with the mask still in place, and again embossed it with detail site embossing powder.  I added some pearls using the pearl PVA cosmic shimmer glue.


To finish the card I added the square to a card blank made by embossing a further piece of the lilac with the quilted flowers A4 embossing folder from Creative Expressions.




Finally I added a piece of white silky ribbon and added the die cut shop over the ribbon on the bottom right corner and dressed it with a bow and pearl dazzler and hatpins.


This is a card with a lot of texture that gives a nice feel to a one colour card.






Ingredients:
Sue Wilson's dies
Salzburg
Innsbruck
Creative Expressions A4 Quilted flower embossing folder
That Special Touch mask 
Cosmic Shimmer detail white embossing folder
Cosmic Shimmer Pearl PVA glue

Enjoy...






21 comments:

  1. Hello John, gorgeous card, love the lilac, it is so pretty. Have a good Monday. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, nice colour. I've been awake since stupid o'clock si i've been planning my christmas cards-pity i've got to go to work or I could have started making them.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John. What a gorgeous card. The lilac and white are a lovely combination. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card John. Love the colour. I remember how to do the clicks with a saying....spring foward in to summer and fall back in to winter. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, looks like lots of dimension in it too.

    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John, I love this card, great colours and embossed parts are fab. All round a brilliant card. Have a good day. Janice xxx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty John. Love the colour and it must have taken forever to put all those pearls on.
    Love val x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eh up John
    I love purple and lilac so this is just my thing. Great, smashing, super!
    I'm not surprised you get the time mixed up when you've still got your blog on Spanish time lol!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  9. if i bought this in a shop it would cost a fortune....but would be worth it.
    classy & beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card it is made in one of my favourite colours and there is so much texture. I am all messed up with the time I couldn't sleep last night and i over slept this morning. We will all get used to it soon. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John,
    A stunning lilac card. love it all.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John,
    Love today's card but I would do it in a different colour as lilacs and purples are not for me (unless they're accents teamed with black). But yesterday's post in teal and white was a stunner, right up my street.
    I bought the dies and the stamp but hadn't thought using them in this way, thanks for sharing.
    HAGD, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning John. Just to say I think you were excellent on Create and Craft, a natural.

    Today's card is a stunner. Well done. Have a great day. Jan. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card John, love the colour lol! The use of embossing folder/mask is fab.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John,
    Your Cards Are Always Truly Amazing You Give Me So Much Inspiration, Which Is Good As I Often Go To My Craft Room, I'm Lucky I Have The Products! But I Get So Stuck My Mojo Just Goes, Where As You Never Cease To Amaze Me With Your Fabulous Cards You Are Extremely Talented, I Love The Colours You've Chosen Today The Embossing Folder, The Mask And The Mixture Of Terrific Sue Wilson Dies.
    Thanks So Much For Sharing John
    Hugs From Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello and hello John,

    Stunning and just in time - pun intended.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello John, this is a beautiful card in one of my favourite colours. I love the quilted flowers embossing folder and Sue's Austrian dies - I may just have to pinch this idea :-)
    Frances

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John,
    Gorgeous card! I love lilac, purple and pink and in my book, you can never have too much of them! I like the texture on the background as well. I'm sure there's a knack to this - I'm practising on a couple of stencils and when it works, it's stunning, but at the moment, I'm managing to get it behind the stencil. Practice, practice, practice!! Best wishes, Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow you have well and truly confused me with your first paragraph - how I was told is that the clocks 'Spring' forward in March Ie when you go to bed at 12midnight it is 'really 1am' - hope this helps although I'm sure I sound like a granny teaching yiu to suck eggs - lol!! Anyway the main thing is your card which yet again is amazing and lovely xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. great card as always ,love the cards you are making with these dies .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good morning John,
    Thank you for making such a lovely coloured card up and it makes such a difference from your favourite colour. I love the different heights, textures and spin that you have put to it to make it a John Next Door card.
    I always remember the times as Spring forward (hour forward), Fall back (hour back). Using the American terms for the word Autumn ie Fall, either that or your are falling back into bed.
    Have a good day,
    Crafty hugs
    Norah (Glenochil)

    ReplyDelete