Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Wednesday, 1 October 2014

What More Christmas...

Happy Wednesday!

Sorry it;s another Christmas card I'm afraid, I know I didn't show any Christmas but looking back it's all I seemed to show last week!  Today's card is the last Christmas project on a Wednesday as This is the last card I made for the CE design team for September that was featured on Sue 's Christmas Die shows on C&C a few weeks ago.  I promise next week its different.

Today's card is a stamped and die cut bauble affair using the stamps to die for and the Outline bauble form the Vintage Bauble die set, again by Sue Wilson.  I simply stamped the image three times using perfect medium and embossed them with detail copper CE embossing powder.  I then coloured the edges with an old burgundy ink pad from my stash and cut n dry foam.

I mounted these, with foam pads, together in a set of the three onto a piece of burgundy card that I embossed through the quilted flower embossing folder.  I added a large bow in the matching grosgrain and a black dazzler in the centre.


The back panel is made by running double sided tape around a piece of the burgundy card and adding a matching bronze polished silk glitter.  A few hats of milk foundation card and another large piece of the embossed burgundy and one Christmas card is complete!

The Creative Expressions blog, click HERE for a look, has just changed its format placing all news in one post per day and includes the Design Team card(s) for that day.  AS Wednesday is my day I'd really appreciate it if you popped by and it should be easier to leave a comment!  for those of you on Facebook then there is a creative expressions page which you can like and see all my DT cards on, should you be a glutton for punishment.  Just search Creative Expressions in Facebook.

Ingredients:
Sue Wilson Vintage Bauble die set
Bauble stamp to die for from Creative Expressions
Quilted flowers A4 embossing folder (as above)


Enjoy...


25 comments:

  1. Eh up John
    Love the rich deep colour of this and the embossing. Lovely ribbon; my, that is a big bow though lol!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning John your card is gorgeous just beautiful. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a classy Christmas card and so perfect for a male too. I am thinking this might be the Christmas card I make for my father this year (if you don't mind). I love the richness of the colours. All I need to do now is buy the bauble die. They are so beautiful. Thanks for the Christmas cards John, I need as much inspiration as I get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John,
    WoW! Soooo rich and stunning love the the colour too! I really don't mind you showing Christmas cards as I'm getting so much inspiration from them at a time when I really don't feel like doing them. Keep up the fantastic work.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, John, not fed up with Christmas cards yet - and I think the stripey bow sets it all off nicely.

    I'm looking forward to the new Internet Craft Channel which starts at 9 am - might you be featured on that at any time?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John, The baubles look amazing and the ginormous bow is fantastic.
    I'm certainly not fed up with Christmas cards as you give me such much needed inspiration.
    New MSN page this morning and I can't find my favourites so having to look up all my daily fixes by name AND I haven't won the Lottery again!!! Not a good day.
    Bye for now Love Valx.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very rich, and you have got an amazing look of depth on this card.
    Very Christmassy without the traditional Christmas look.
    Thanks
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning John,
    Love it all except the big bow. Love the colours.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello John, I must confess I haven't come across your blog before today and just like to say I will be a follower from now on. This is such a perfect card for male's which makes perfect sense being one yourself lol.
    Love the colours you have used. Off now to look at your blog.
    X Ros Hodgkins

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning John love this card such rich colours Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the rich burgundy here John.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the baubles on the card, brilliant christmas csrd.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John,
    I've just returned from holiday so I'm so looking forward to checking out your Beautiful Cards etc on your Blog. Today's Card is Stunning I Love The Colour and The Baubles, it's so Rich and Opulent I Love The Christmas Cards It Gives me great ideas. I'm Truly Thrilled I'll be able to watch you on Create and Craft.
    Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello John, wow this is a real statement card. Keep up the Christmas cards coming I need all the inspiration I can get Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card I especially like how you've layered the baubles Keep 'em coming as far as I'm concerned I need all of the help I can

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another winner and another 'special person Christmas card' - got some of this ribbon - me thinks I might just need to firtle it out xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful. Always glad to see one of your new designs.

    Happy thoughts,
    Petrina

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John. Absolutely stunning card. Just love the colour combination. I love Christmas cards, so keep on making them. Have a great day. Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John,
    what a really great card today.
    The colour combination is fab, and wonderful designing as usual.
    I am just going to look back on what I have missed the last few days.
    crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning card John, love it all and don't apologize for posting Christmas cards, loving the inspiration!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  21. another lovely card ,always great inspiration ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  22. Got here eventually John, unusual colour but works really well with the bauble and the glitter, Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete