Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Sunday, 5 October 2014

Sunday Replacement...

Happy Sunday,

Today's post is late as the card I had scheduled to post was inspired by a design form Mrs Duck.  However during the night I realised I hunt asked permission to post this one and that Mrs D had not posted her original yet so It didn't seem fair!  I have held that post off until Hers has gone live and I have gained permission!!

Therefore I am posting a replacement card that I hope you will forgive doesn't strictly fit within the realms of simple however it isn't that complicated!

I started by die cutting a selection of Sue's faux Quilled flowers on a sheet of milk coloured foundation card.  I then used this waste piece as a mask and, using Vintage Photo distress Ink, I tinker through this mask onto another sheet of milk card.  I sit this to size and embossed it with the rows of bows A4 pinpoint embossing folder and rubbed the same DI over the top to show the pattern.




I then cut a large oval form this piece form Sue's Salzburg set then cut the next filigree die and a smaller oval from a piece of milk card to sit behind.  Next I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of Kraft card and simply foam mounted each piece over the next to give a dimensional card that moves inwards.

The spray of flowers is made using the petite vinery and the flowers I had cut earlier.  I edged the flowers with the DI and made them up into blooms by using several of the different sized flowers together with Cosmic Shimmer dries clear glue and a pearl centre.

simple (ish)!




Ingredients:
Sue Wilson's Dies - Salzburg
Faux Quilled Flowers
Petite Vinery
Rows of Bows embossing folder
Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Stick on pearls 5mm


Enjoy...


13 comments:

  1. Hi John, this card is lovely, great way to use the waste as a stencil. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning John your card is gorgeous. I can't wait to see the one you didn't post. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh up John
    Well,that's piqued everyone's interest lol! You did confuse me at first but I have been up since 5.30 for the F1 GP! Now I catch your drift.
    Love using waste as a mask,mainly for embossing but this looks fab with the inking through. Super design!
    Will think about that permission thingy hahaha! Im flattered to have inspired you!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John
    This is my third attempt at commenting, Your Card Today as always is Stunning I Love The Aperture I Don't use my Dies enough to create Apertures, I Love The Sentiment you've chosen.
    Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John, lovely card. I do so love those flowers.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and luv how you have used the waste as a mask to mirror the Die cut flowers xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card John, that oval die makes the card, with the addition of the pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card John, an inspiration from Ang wow, cannot wait to see both of those. Love the colour used and a great use of waste card.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John,
    a really super card today.
    Your design as usual is perfect. Love it.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haven't got any of these dies or embossing folder but it's inspired me to try with similar eg the check board folder, daisies etc coz I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS I'm having difficulty leaving a comment on The CE blog It won't let me prove that I'm not a robot (exterminate exterminate!) but I am on my iPod Touch Will try laptop

    ReplyDelete
  12. very nice card today ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card John, love the wonderful design. Carol x

    ReplyDelete