Sunday, 19 October 2014

Simple Sunday... distressed flowers

Happy Sunday,

Today's card is relatively simple although It probably doesn't look it however I ma still using the samples I made so here goes...

 There are just 2 simple techniques on this card distressing and die cutting (I am obviously ignoring the stamping and colouring!)

I stamped the image Scenic View stamp to die for by Creative Expressions in perfect medium then embossed it with Detail Black embossing powder.  This allows you to ink over the image and the embossed areas will resist the ink.  I coloured it using a selection of distress inks masking off the different areas using a post it note.

To make the card base I simply ran a piece of Milk foundation card through the Daisy Tiers embossing folder and inked the resultant piece using Forest moss and shaded lilac distress inks.  I covered the whole piece in the lighter shade then added the darker green on top I then intensified the lilac colour by adding more colour in selected areas.


I then cut an aperture in the card base using the plain large shape form Sue's Auvergne die set and cut a navy frame using the die set to frame the image.  The stamped image was foam mounted under the pareture and the frame was simply glued, using cosmic shimmer dries clear glue, over this.














I then cut 2 of each size of the Delicate Daisies full petal dies from a sheet of milk card onto which I had added the 2 colours of distress ink randomly over.  This technique gives a lovely shaded yet random look. I mounted the two cuts in each size together and pinched the leaves to give the flowers a 3D look.


Finally I cut some of the Curled Vines in the scarps of the distressed card and made a spray of the vines and flowers around the edge of the frame.  A few stick on gems and hatpins from my stash and completed.

Ingredients:
Scenic View Stamp to Die for
Sue Wilson's Dies
Delicate Daisies full petals
Curled Vines
French Collection Auvergne Die Set
Creative Expressions Daisy Tiers A4 embossing folder
Distress Inks
Detail Black Embossing Powder

Yesterday (Saturday) I popped into Daisies Jewels and crafts as Julia Watts was giving a demonstration and I have a workshop there on the 22nd November.  I was there to talk over what I will be doing in the workshop and to agree to give a demonstration in the afternoon.  It was great to have 5 minutes to catch up with Julia as well as to meet some of the lovely ladies who were in attendance.  Wendy (the owner) informed me that one of her Customers Jane is an avid follower of my blog I did get to say hello to Jane however didn't have time for a chat!  Sorry Jane I am sure we will have chance in November!

Enjoy...







23 comments:

  1. Morning John,
    What a Truly Beautiful Card, I Just Love The Fabulous Daisy Tiers Embossing Folder, The Embossing is very Bold. I Know you said you were ignoring The Stamping and Colouring but it's Amazing and it's what I Love to do! along with Die Cutting etc: I Love The Colours You've created very Stunning within your Stamp.
    I Love The Delicate Daisies and The Curled Vines and how you've couloured to match the Colours within your Embossing Folders Very Striking.
    Thanks for sharing John
    Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. This is a great card, it is something different but I love how you have used the inks to get the various shades of colours. What a lovely stamp, and coloured beautifully. You are getting busier and busier aren't you! Have a good day. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card. I will be giving your techniques a try thank you for the inspiration. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John,
    Such a wonderful card I love this stamp and you have coloured it so beautiful also love the way you have coloured the embossed part of it too.


    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love tbe colouring on the daisies.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John. I'm really loving these stamps. It's beautifully shaded and coloured and the flowers Look stunning.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh to be in demand !!!!! LOL you doing great.
    Great card too, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John, lovely card, the colouring is super. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely card john, i have only just found your blog. the box tuturial is great..thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, yeah, SIMPLE.... sure! Yes I can see how each section is done, but no way can you call this a simple card. Amazing.
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  11. Saw you on Sue's shows on Thursdays, your cards were brilliant, love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eh up John
    Love the composition but the colours are showing quite vibrantly on my screens. The scene on the stamp is lovely.
    Nice to see you yesterday and it was fab that you got recognised.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello John, I must have a go embossing in black, it looks great, I am fairly new to stamping so I try to work out the recipe of cards, and love the over all effect, quite different from other blogs I follow, which is good to find another good one to look forward too.
    X Ros H

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John, well I wouldn't call it simple! A very pretty composition and just thinking of shading the card with distress ink before cutting out the flowers would not have occurred to me! They look super. Best wishes Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning John,
    The only thing I can say is I LOVE IT.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John,
    playing catch up again.
    Can't miss my fix with your creations. lol.
    wonderful creation today as always.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very different and luv it very much because it is so different - luv the effect you have achieved on the daisies too xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really like this card John. I tend to get stuck in a rut and only make square cards but I will have to try and mix it up a bit more. I will have to get the daisy dies too. They are on my ever growing list. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card John, great colouring and a lovely image.

    Nice to see you getting recognized...oh the fame lol!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Jonh,fantastic love every thing about it,No way would I be able to do this.
    My G.C.handle ,has snapped once again.
    How does it feel being famous.
    Ita.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello John I really love your ideas and your inspiration is brilliant. love this card and the colouring is great. Thank you, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John,
    Love the way you've coloured in the stamp, the flowers and composition of your card are great. Not quite sure about the colours of the actual card (simply because I'm not a lover of any lilac/purples).
    HAGD
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've found some Internet Yeh! Love the colours and the randomness (is that a word!) Mexico is hot but wet! And guess what! We're sitting in a bar (10 of us) watching Man U! Men!

    ReplyDelete