Monday, 13 October 2014

its not all beige...

Happy Monday,

Todays card is another unusual folding card, I seem to be on a roll at the moment with making different moving cards.

I thought that the beautiful centre die from Sues Austrian collection Vienna die would make a really fun aperture and fold.  Therefore I created this card to show it off.

It is very hard to explain how this one works however I am hoping the pictures will explain it a little better.  I scored a sheet of card into three, folded two of the flaps against each other a die cut the centrepiece over the fold.  I repeated the folds for a second piece of card however this time I added the die cut piece over the fold, so that, when closed you can't see the aperture.

I used the third flap from each sheet to attach to the back of a piece of card cut to the same size to make the full card.  Therefore the card has a back and 2 separate fronts a little like a gate fold I suppose however each of these folds back on themselves.  This next picture shows this a little more clearly!

It is easier to see in this picture of the card folded flat.  I then went on to layer up, with foam tape, the different die cuts in the set alternating with the taupe and chocolate card.

I decorated the sides with border strips taken from the Austrian collection Borders and tags set, added a sentiment form Creative Expressions and some ginger seam binding.







Ingredients:
Sue Wilson's Dies
Vienna
Austrian Corners, Borders and Tags
Creative Expressions Honeycomb Haven A4 Embossing Folder
CE Sentiment Stamp 
Hatpins from stash
Tea Dye distress ink (on embossed centre back panel)

Enjoy...








25 comments:

  1. Morning John,
    Another Stunning Card I Love the Colours you've used, and the fantastic Sue Wison Die's I will have to concentrate to see how this works to have a go great photography.
    Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John, lovely card, great colours, will probably take me a while to get it right, but will try give it a go. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh up John
    Its early so you lost me with the instructions but I get it from the pics lol!
    Great dimensional card that also lies flat. Fab idea matey!
    Have a great day. The start of an exciting week for you!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow-stunning card. I finally worked it out from the last picture, not sure i'll be able to re-create this one though.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning John your card is fantastic. I will be back to study the instructions a bit closer it is a bit early now. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John, an intricate card can't quite understand the instructions, but it's too early to concentrate. Have a good day. Janice http://createdbyjan.blogspot/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ummmm... I think I get it Ill take a closer look on laptop later On iPod at mo It's. fabulous card Was goin to trat myself to loads of dies for my birthday but so far have bought a sewing machine instead! But they're on my Need List for other rellies to think about lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John. Not really getting the instructions but perhaps as i make it all will become clearer.
    It is a beautiful card and I do love the fancy folds.
    Are you getting butterflies in your tum yet?
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this design, can see how it works and will keep it flatter to post this way, but as usual, the main trick is in the detailing, the precision of the layers etc.
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're on a roll this week, gorgeous, zxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John,
    Another fabulous card today I love how you have done it but will have to read the instructions a bit later on when my brain is awake..

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another winner and fab for a male card too minus the bow xx luv it xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning John,
    Another fantastic moving card. Love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. When you said you scored the card into three, I was imagining and even three, but this is essentially a gate fold card isn't it? I love the shaped cut out on the left that matches up with the die cut on the right - you are so inventive.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello John, I do love your folding cards they are so inspiring. Thank you for sharing, take care, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an absolutely stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant card John, not quite sure of the instructions but fab card.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John this card is really lovely and as I have this die I shall certainly give it a go. Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card John. You are very creative and enjoy your ideas so much. Could you please tell us the size of the cards that you show.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card! Will spend more time on the instructions when I try to recreate this on my own! Great pictures, BTW. Love your colors!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card John and a very clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John
    A gorgeous card I love the gatefold - it gives a quite different shape to decorate! Just seen that your show with Sue will be a one day wonder! What can it be? But best of all, the first show is at 8am so I'll be able to see some of it live before scooting off to work (albeit a little late!). Hope you're getting excited! Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card. I might give this a go at the weekend when I can study the instructions more closely. I visit your blig daily but seldom comment. Usually half asleep in bed tbh! Looking forward to seeing you on C&C as I really like your card making style. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John,fantastic card,design,and love the colours you used.
    Ita.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John,
    playing catch up again on my comments again.
    Another of your super creations.
    Love this very wonderful design as usual.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete