Wednesday, 22 October 2014

Creative Wednesday...

Happy Wednesday,

As an antidote to yesterdays Pink and Gold fest I am pleased to show a more subtle card for my design team project for this week for Creative Expressions.  This was made using the Wrought Iron Frame stamp again shown by Julia on Create and Craft a few weeks ago.

As the design team were all given variants of this stamp to use it really is worth clicking over to the Creative Expressions blog site HERE to see what thee new team have come up with!

I love the stamp however I wanted to use it in a portrait card and the sentiment runs for the stamp in a landscape mode.  Therefore I stamped the image onto khaki card in perfect medium and embossed it with Detail Black embossing powder.  I then, using my scalpel, cut out the sentiment panel and mounted the frame portrait onto a black mat cut with the Austrian Collection background die by Sue Wilson.




To use the sentiment I thought it would make a fantastic tag so I mounted it onto black card and punched a hole in the centre, adding a ribbon thread of black seem binding.

To finish the card I added a few mats of the khaki and black and added the panel to a piece embossed with the rows of bows pinpoint embossing folder.  I threaded a piece of the black seem binding through the frame aperture and out the other end adding a bow and the sentiment tag attached.

Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Wrought Iron Frame stamp
Sue Wilson's Dies Austrian Background
Cosmic Shimmer Detail Black embossing powder
Khaki & Black foundation card
Black Seem Binding

To answer a couple of questions, Foundation card is available from Create and Craft and Joanna Sheen.  I am hopefully putting together a mixed pack of some of my favourite colours for my next C&C show as well.  To get Dimension I use foam pads or foam tape between each layer of card.

Enjoy...


24 comments:

  1. Hi John
    This is my Third attempt to comment as they don't seem to be coming through I just want to say Fabulous Card as always.
    Now I will try once more
    Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card John. Recorded your shows yesterday and watched them last night. Well done. You did really well. Hope to see more of you on c&c. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card John! Watched you on C and C yesterday - you did brilliantly. Hope to see more of your demos!
    Marion B xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card-love all tbe detail. Watched both your shows last night-you looked very relaxed on them. Good to hear you are doing more shows.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card john, you seemed to more comfortable on yesterdays shows.
    carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eh up John
    Im getting black and white rather than khaki but a delightful card none the less. That frame stamp is lovely.
    You are looking very at home on the telly but if you're cheeky about my hair again in front of
    the nation, I'll take you over my knee lol!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John. Great card, I like the way you have cut out the sentiment to use the stamp the other way. I am getting black/white not khaki too.
    Sounds like the shows went well yesterday, I will be watching them later on. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. well done on the shows yesterday ,great card love the black and white theme ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John,
    I'm getting black and white as well, but it's lovely. Like Ang said you looked very at home on the TV yesterday, a great job done.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card John. Saw the shows yesterday. You're a natural John, well done. I'm sure we'll see you a lot more on C & C. Gill (Wendy's sis). x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely John. Much better yesterday on C&C, you have settled in nicely. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello John, this is a lovely classy card. I really like black and cream together.
    Congrats on yesterday's shows, you looked very comfortable and not at all like a newby.
    Cheers Ros H

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John,
    Sorry to have missed commenting on your post yesterday and even moreso missing your solo debut on C&C....unfortynately we had booked a coach trip to Bolton Market (on what must have been the worst day of the year..weatherwise!!) . Will do a catch-up on your programmes later. Today's card is a stunner, love all the detail and the black and cream together.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning John your card is gorgeous. I do like the way you have adapted the stamp. I really enjoyed your shows yesterday you seemed quite at home. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a pretty card, you did well on C and C John, I watched the earlier show. You are at home.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John,
    lovely card - love the colour combination and design.
    You did well at C&C yesterday, hope you had a blast.
    HAGD
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John, Beautiful card, love all the elements. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good afternoon John,
    I had a mini that colour of gold that you used yesterday that looked green, i got my dad to respray in Starsky and Hutch colours red and white but with the white car and red stripe. Anyway to today's card, i am not sure if i prefer it black and white or black and ivory as both look lovely, modern and striking. I hope that you had a good day yesterday although never wracking, well done John,
    crafty hugs
    Norah (Glenochil)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello John,
    What a stunning card, just love all of it. wish I had half of your talent!!!!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very classy card John. Really enjoyed your shows yesterday. Your samples and demos were great. Hope we see a lot more of you over the coming months.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely colours John Shame I'm not in UK at mo to be able to enjoy ur stuff on C&C etc

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful John, love the design, layout and colours used. Your bow is fabulous, I can never get these right lol! Thanks for the inspirations and great shows the other day.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fab card and love the sentiment - a winner xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete