Tuesday, 28 October 2014

Back to Beige

Happy Tuesday,

I'm afraid that today's card is another the doesn't photo well!  IN real life the centre panel of this one looks like a baked clay tile and does have a lovely shine however in all the pictures I took (I took quite a lot of this one) looked quite dull.

I started by stamping the Dandelion meadow stamp to die for form Creative Expressions in black archival ink.  I then cut it out with the matching die from the Sue Wilson Austrian Collection Innsbruck die and rubbed the ice cut piece all over with perfect medium.  Next I added a heap of clear embossing powder and heated the piece from underneath.  I repeated this twice more to build up a thick enamel layer, making a glazed tile effect.


I then made up the card to hold this piece starting with the largest die from the Innsbruck collection however I didn't cut the die I simply embossed it.  I shaded the piece using tea dye distress ink to bring out the embossed design.

To make the card base I embossed some khaki foundation card with the creative Expressions checker board pinpoint embossing folder and layers it with chocolate card in 2 layers.  I made the front panel by inking through the that special touch mask, counterpane, and adding this to another piece of the chocolate.

Finally I added a strip of brown seem binding balanced with a messy bow, a pearl dazzler and a couple of matching hatpins.


Ingredients:
Sue Wilson's Die Innsbruck
Dandelion Meadow stamp to die for
Khaki & Chocolate foundation card
That Special touch Counterpane mask
Tea Dye distress Ink
Cosmic Shimmer clear embossing powder
Brown seem binding, Dazzler & Hat pins



Enjoy...





14 comments:

  1. Hi John. Lovely card today. The Dandelion meadow stamp looks beautiful, we can see a bit of the tile effect. have a good day. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, difficult to see your stamping on the centre panel & am sure it looks good.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John,
    Lovely card. Can just make out the tile effect.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. Can just make out a bit of the oval die and I bet it looks really bright and shiny.
    Have a good day.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eh up John
    Not one of my favorites (you know me and browns) and its a shame we can only see a bit of the stamping as I bet the effect is fab.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning John,
    Sorry flower, but todays card is just a tad on the dark side with the black layers and dark centre panel in the card. I might try it out though with a lighter back drop and colours in it, but i still appreciate the work you went to on our behalf and it is always better to get inspired but make something your own and not a direct copy.
    Thank you John,
    Crafty hugs
    Norah (Glenochil)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning John I do like this card. I might try the technique you used for the centre it looks very effective. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John, it may not shine as well on the photo but it is still a very stricking card and the centre looks great.
    X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John,

    Gorgeous card, very masculine looking and I love the combination of coloured card. They go well together.
    Shame the center stamp did not show up more, we all have this problem every now and then but bet its beautiful in reality.

    Love & Hugs
    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shame about the dull pics John, as I quite like the design. What's more, the centre panel is only just discernible, and I don't think I would have noticed if you hadn't mentioned it, I just thought you had forgotten to add a sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello John, I really like this cards and the techniques you have used, also love this stamp and can appreciate what it must look like in real life. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a shame you couldn't get a good shot of the stamped panel but can imagine it in real life and bet it looks fab - luvin the chocolate seam binding bow too xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John,
    perfect men's card (without the bow), I can imagine what your centre piece looks like, can just make out the stamp.
    HAGD, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think this is a very classy card. We can certainly get the concept from the pics but I'm sure it looks even more stunning in person.

    Hugs Alice xx

    ReplyDelete