Thursday, 23 October 2014

A Golden Highlight...

Happy Thursday,

Firstly Thanx for all the feedback and warm comments on my first solos TV appearance!  I had a wonderful time and it was great to have so many good luck wishes emailed into the shows band to me personally.  I will be back in early November and spent yesterday planning what will be in the show.  I can say it will be focused around die cutting with my selection of colours, ribbon and card.

Back to toady I wanted to show this golden card as a thank you especially as I thought it would make a beautiful thank you card.  This was shown briefly as one of my samples on last Thursdays One Day wonder shows with Sue (and latterly myself)

This is quite a simple card to produce however it is a litre time consuming as you have to wait for the background to dry.

I started by cutting a square at 15cm x 15cm and covered it in a double sided self adhesive sheet (one of the most useful and versatile products I have used!)  and then covered it in the Cosmic Shimmer silver dreams gilding flakes.  I then stuck down the That Special touch counterpane mask and added Cosmic Shimmer Aurora sparkle paste which has a stunning shimmer but allows the gilding to come through, a double shine!



 I then gilded a further piece and cut the largest filigree die from Sue Wilson's French Collection Die set Provence, with the outline die in place.  I then cut the smallest filigree die in the same set form the gilded piece.  I foam mounted these in the centre and added a bow in champagne silky crush ribbon and a couple of hatpins form my stash.

I mounted the whole piece on a card 21cm x 21cm  made from layers of vintage gold embossed with Sue's A4 tied together embossing folder and vintage silver layers to keep the silver and gold theme in place.


I haven't added a sentiment for this one as I wasn't sure what we were using on the show.

I simply love the way this card shines!

Ingredients:
Sue Wilson's French Provence die set
That special touch counterpane mask
Cosmic Shimmer Silver Dreams gilding flakes
Cosmic Shimmer Aurora Sparkle paste

Enjoy...

21 comments:

  1. What a sparkling start to the day John, beautiful!
    Marion B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John, really beautiful and rich, love the silver and gold. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John,
    Another Extremely Beautiful Card I Love Using Masks And The Fabulous Paste Gives Such Texture To The Projects, I'm A Huge Fan Of Gilding Flakes, The Dies Used Look Tremendous, As Does Your Bow And Stick Pins From Your Collection.
    A Stunning Crad John Thanks For Sharing And The Great Photography Shots That Show Your Card To Its Full Potential, Truly Fantastic.
    Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card again John, love the technique you have used.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry no comment yesterday John/Google was playing up. Really enjoyed watching your first solo show. You were very confident and knowledgeable. Well done.
    Stunning card today. The background looks fantastic and the technique gives a beautiful effect.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow John this is gorgeous. I will be trying this technique. Any chance of you making videos like Sue does? I am a bit of a visual learner and they help. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card & like Jackie-I would love videos to help me. I kniw you'll be busy planning for your tv appearances though.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John. A very luxurious looking card for a special occasion. I think I would be tempted to use double thickness of foam tape on the top layer so the bow fits under a bit better. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John. A great card, I love it : ) I am still catching up with your shows from Tuesday. You really are a natural. Looking forward to seeing you on our screens again in Nov. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John,
    WOW!! A stunningly elegant card love the colours and the techniques that you have used. Going to catch-up with your Tuesday shows later and looking forward to see you live on the TV in November. Will you be doing any demonstrating at the NEC?

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eh up John
    I thought I saw this on the box. Its a stunner. The gilding adds opulence. Perhaps, as Kaz said, an extra foam pad for the top piece but love it!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John, I am sure I saw this on tv, and really like it. Like you say perfect Thank you card.
    X Ros H

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done on yesterdays show John. Interesting effect you have created here. Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab card and luv the techniques used - I love the double sided adhesive sheets too so versatile and work so well - a card for any occasion xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John,
    sorry I missed your show, as I didn't know it was on.
    Been trying to catch up again on my blogging, as I am right behind.
    Love this super technique card.
    The colours and the design are really fab.
    Got my one day wonders dies yesterday , and can't wait to play with them.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John,
    Great card, loved when it was shown on TV.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John,
    Beautiful card - at first I thought what a waste, putting gilding flakes on and then cover a lot of the background area with paste. But you're right, the gilding still shows through.
    I love it.
    HAGD
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  18. fab card ,stunning looking ,love the gilding flakes .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello John, this card is a real wow. I love Guilding flakes they always seem to give such a stunning result, thank you for sharing. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John
    After seeing your shows - sorry had to watch on catch up. Your blog will be a breakfast time blog for me in the future. It was lovely to see some different ideas but with great products. This card caught my eye during the show - I love texture pastes and gilding!
    Well done on your debut and look forward to seeing you more.
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John
    Stunning card - love the gilding flakes too - your cards were beautiful on the show and you are an expert tutor.
    Looking forward to more shows in November.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete