Monday, 20 October 2014

A Beige Monday...

Happy Monday,

Well it is getting a little greyer outside so I thought a nice homespun stamped design in my second favourite colour combination of Cream, Taupe and Beige might lighten it up a bit!

I started by stamping the country cottage stamp to die for by Sue Wilson in black archival ink onto taupe card then cut it out using the matching die from the French collection Burgundy set.  Next I left the stamped image in the die and using Distress inks in Tea Dye, Antique Linen & Scattered Straw i coloured the image.

I started by colouring the image with the lightest colour first, using cut n dry foam, and worked back to the darkest shade of Tea Dye as the last colour added sparingly from all sides.

I mounted the cut and coloured piece onto a sheet of taupe foundation acrd then cut the largest die from the Auvergne set using the smaller die to create a frame.  I foam mounted this over the stamped image.  Next I cut an aperture using the largest die from the same die set in black card and foam mounted this over the image.  Finally I cut a further aperture into a piece of Milk coloured card and mounted this.

I added the whole piece to a piece of the taupe embossed with the A4 rows of bows embossing folder which I inked again using the tea dye distress ink.




Finally I added the final image to a couple of layers of Kraft and black and added a few inked die cut flowers ( double layered) from Sues Faux Quilled flowers along with the matching foliage. I used ranger Perfect Pearls in graphite for the centre of the flowers and added a few dots to frame the card.







Ingredients:
Country Cottage stamp to die for
Sue Wilson's dies
Auvergne
Burgundy
Faux Quilled Flowers
Faux Quilled Leaves
Distress Ink in Tea Dye, Antique Linen & Scattered Straw.
Taupe, Black and Kraft Foundation Card.

Enjoy...









31 comments:

  1. Morning John,
    I Truly Love this morning's Awesome Card it's just so Warm and Rich in Colour, Great Colour choice and I Love how you've achieved this working with Distress Inks they look Amazing. I Love The Country Cottage Stamp you've chosen I have this Stamp so I will try to have a go at this but I don't think Mine will be as Beautiful as yours, John Thanks for sharing your Fabulous Card with us and the fantastic detailed breakdown on how you achieved this.
    Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card for autumn - it really sums up the season. I love the effect from the colouring in which almost makes it seemed to be illuminated from within. A gorgeous card !

    Hugs,
    Rose
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh up John
    Great autumnal feel but the warm shades rather than brrr. The flowers add a lovely bit of dimension. Would make a fab card for a fella.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning John your card is beautiful. I love the colour combination and the stamp is gorgeous. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card done in nice warm, autumnal colours. Useful card for any occasion.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful john...picture perfect

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, I adore the flowers, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card John. The picture is so serene. Love the colours you've used and the pretty leaves and flowers.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card John, love how you have done the image, lovely warm colours. The whole design of the card is gorgeous.
    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John,
    Such a gorgeous card this morning...I love the way you add colour to the stamp by adding colour and as I'm a hopeless colourist this idea suits me fine. I love Sue's stamps she comes up with some beautiful designs and I especially love these little scenes. Well done John it's Brilliant.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely, your eye is drawn right into the scene. Beautiful colours.
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello John, this is such a perfect card for Autumn, love the sky, very effective. I haven't seen such lovely stamps used with the dies like you have done these last couple of days.
    Cheers, Ros H.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning John,
    Love your card, picture perfect, just right for the time of year.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John. Gorgeous card. I love the soft natural colours and especially how you have got the sunset just perfect : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Picture perfect card, love the fall colors. I don't see fall at all here where I live. We don't have that season, nor winter. I am in the sub tropics, but I do enjoy the seeing projects like this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card John. Very autumnal feel to it. The colouring is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning John,
    I do like today's card as it does look like you seeing a memory of long ago and walking through it in your mind. You will come to realise i have a fantastically wild imagination that sometimes runs riot over some peoples blogs so i will apologise up front. I feel sorry for Paula as there is nothing like seeing a beautiful autumn day when the colours are at their best in the trees and bushes and shrubs. I am lucky enough to live amongst my beautiful trees and hills that are forever changing in landscape and colour. Just outside Helpston, Peterborough there is some beautiful cottages looking this that i pass when i go to my cousins and i think that this card captures it perfectly. Thank you John for a wee bit of nostalgia.
    Crafty hugs
    Norah (Glenochil)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John lovely card today makes you feel all warm inside Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John,
    Lovely card - very autumnal - love the way you've coloured the stamped image.
    HAGD
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a gorgeous card. Love the way you used the distress inks. Enjoyed watching you doing your demos on the television that other day. I watched via internet as I live in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John,I adore this card,the colours are fantastic.
    You are so talanted.
    Can you tell me what G.M. Is foundation card,and what do you use to get depth,?? Please.
    Ita.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card and luv the autumn feel to it too - another great male card xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card!
    I love the depth you have made with the layering and the stamped image is absolutely gorgeous. A very atmospheric card!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. A very beautiful card John, lovely feeling of Autumn.

    Rosemarie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John, found your site yesterday and must say I just really love the cards you make. Not overly fussy or grungy. Just love today's card. It looks as if it's light up from the inside, will be giving it a go.
    Regards Zena.

    ReplyDelete
  26. love the stamps great card ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John,
    absolutely gorgeous card today.
    Gives you a nice warm glow, like a lovely fireside, when the weather is miserable.
    Love it.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello John, what a beautiful card, love the stamped image and the colours. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely warm colours Still watching Man U....!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Just discovered your blog John! Love your cards and will be checking in regularly! Beautiful work!
    Marion B

    ReplyDelete