Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Thursday, 25 September 2014

Thursday Flowers...

Happy Thursday!

 I know I am always saying that this and that card is an easy one however today's card is a bit of a change it looks simple but took a while to figures out!

I started by die cutting the medium sized daisy die four times in a square of coconut card however i had to measure to get them in the right places.  Now I may not have mentioned but in typical bloke fashion measuring and me don't go together but I managed it!

I mounted the die cut waste piece over a piece of pale blue card and foam mounted it.  I then die cut four more of the daisies in the same pale blue and mounted them into the apertures.  This still looked a little plain so I cut four of the outlines in the Coconut card and added these on top.







I wanted the backing to show and the fact that they were cut out so I shaped each petal to give depth and a peek at the background.  As per usual with most of my flowers I added a pearl in the centres and mounted the whole piece on a few, foam mounted mats and layers of the blue and white card to give the larger square card I seem to be making at the moment.






The front still looked a little blank however I thought a sentiment would finish it so I cut a tag from the French collection Borders and tags set, inked it in broken China distress Ink and stamped the sentiment.


I have added a picture of the daisy in close up so you can, hopefully, see what I mean about dimension.  I love the way the flower seems to appear form the very centre of the card!








Ingredients:
Sue Wilson Dies - 
                            Delicate Daisies Full
                            Delicate Daisies Outline
                            French Collection Borders set
CE Sentiment Stamp
Pale Blue and Coconut foundation card
Pearls form stash
Broken China Distress Ink


Enjoy...



22 comments:

  1. Hi John, great card, and great ideas with the dies. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card John, love how you have made the flowers look 3D and that Blue card is a gorgeous colour. Well done with the measuring, its not easy at all lol!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW-I love this card!!! I now have the dies to try to recreate this wonderful card, it would be perfect for a friends birthday, needed for late October.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning John your card is gorgeous.It is well worth the effort that you put into it. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eh up John
    I saw this on your desk last week and the daisies are very dimensional. Elegant and very pretty!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea but I just know that my measuring would end up being disasterous Even if I did manage to line it all up it'd still wonky somehow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely, have to buy theses dies now, can't wait to see you on TV and see what you will be creating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning John,
    A stunner, love the effect you have created, have done something similar but in a random fashion, like you not into measuring.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got the flowers spot on where I am looking from John, ruler or not. Those fine edges on the flowers really bring them out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John. What a beautiful card. I love it : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning John, such an elegant looking card and suitable for several occasions, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John.
    Your card is so elegant and the colour is so very pretty, love the way you have done the 3d daisies too. Just love the design.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning John, What a pretty card the daisies look so delicate. I have just got this die so guess I will start using it soon. Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A great card John, the card looks almost quilted. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! What a really beautiful card and lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John
    A beautiful card! It reminds me of Wedgewood in those colours. The flowers are so striking when used to create a pattern. It looks deceptively simple, but I'm sure the precision took quite some time! Best wishes, Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John, yet another beautiful card and so nicely unique. I do love the combination of the blue and white together, always looks so fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  18. your card today is beautiful. I love the colours and the way you did the flowers
    shi

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab card and luv the fresh colour combo - the daisies look great and luv the overall effect xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. great card ,love the simplicity of this card and as you said there is a little calculating to the card too ,great result ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John lovely card,that blue is such a soft colour,and the design with the Daisy's are super.
    Ita.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Perfect, love the effect you have created with the flowers, xxxx

    ReplyDelete