Sunday, 14 September 2014

Simple Sunday...

Happy Sunday,

Thanks for all the wonderful and supportive comments yesterday, I can now admit that i did send in some Cards for Sues shows on Create and Craft yesterday, however I didn't know if they would pass muster with her so I didn't know until I tuned in that they had been used.  There were actually three others of mine that were featured that haven been on the blog yet I wonder If anyone spotted them!?!

Back to today and its back to simple Sunday where I show a card or creation that is simpler than my usual fair, Today's is simple and hopefully easy to recreate however it is new technique that I have used on a couple of cards that you may see in October...

I simply started by making an A5 card by folding a piece of Milk coloured foundation card in half and die cutting the larger and centre oval dies from the Sue Wilson Innsbruck die set.  Next I simply threaded some of the CE ribbon in a two tone green through the apertures around the edge.  Finally I added a piece of Brunswick green behind the die cuts to make the filigree show.

All in all a very simple and quick card that could have any sentiment added and perhaps, like this one, be ready to have a sentiment added when a card is needed in a hurry!

Ingredients:
Sue Wilson Innsbruck die set
CE Ribbon
Milk & Green foundation card.

Enjoy...

18 comments:

  1. Love this card-could be used for so many occasions. Haven't had chance to watch any of Sues shows yet & am off into work again today so will have to record todays 3 programmes. Will look carefully for your cards.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant card John and useful for all sorts of occasions. Wish I could go to Ally Pally or the NEC but sadly transport is an issue. Look forward to seeing you on C&C one day. Creative Expressions would be mad not to use your talents more fully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh up John
    Simple but pretty and understated. How excited were you yesterday lol! Well deserved!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. Lovely card. Missed the shows yesterday but hoping to catch a couple today.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John I do like simple cards this one is gorgeous. I also spotted at least one of your cards on Sue's shows yesterday. Her dies and embossing folders are beautiful I wish I had more of them. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John. Love this pretty card. Like you say it is a great one to have ready to add a suitable sentiment to. It was so good to see some of your cards on Sue's shows. Will be looking out for more today : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John,
    A lovely CAS card, just the sort to have ready for an emergency card. Saw you card son Sue's shows, well done richly deserved.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning John, didn't catch sue Wilson show yesterday but will try and watch today. Your CAS card is just perfect. Janice xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John,
    Such a simple but very classy card today.....love the gren ribbon with the gren behind the die cut.
    You must feel so proud to have your cards shown on Sue's show. Well done and so very much deserved.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty card John, and congrats on getting your cards featured on C&C. I'm watching Sue as I'm typing this - can't miss her shows, I still think she is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  11. well done on getting your cards on the telly. I've recorded the shows but haven't watched them yet. Trying not to buy any more dies although I have some of these latest ones!. Love this CAS card. Best Wishes...xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John,
    another fab card today.
    A great CAS card, and what lovely colour ribbon too.
    I must admit I did resist buying yesterday.
    Keeping my pennies for Ally Pally.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card John, I did notice a couple of your cards on the shows that I have watched so far, still got some to watch as I recorded them all.

    I wish you all the best for the future, looks like things are starting to happen in the right direction for you.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. great card John ,like the simplicity ,Sue did mention John at one stage ,well done knew Sue would like the fab creations you have been making with all her fantastic dies lately .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card John. Nice way to use the ribbon and die.
    I haven't seen all Sue's shows yet, doing catch up on the laptop tonight, but did hear your twice on the bits I have seen. Well done, that's unusual for a design team member to be mentioned by name. Impressive!!
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John,first loved your Christmas wreath yerstday ,fantastic news about Ally Pally.and now having your cards and you name called out,you must be over the moon.I have not got to see the shows yet,but I have them recorded,
    Your card today is stunning,
    Hugs
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab CAS card xx have Sky+ the shows but will look and listen out for your cards - well done you - hopefully you will have your own shows soon xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete