Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Thursday, 4 September 2014

Saturdays Background #1...

Happy Thursday,

I thought today I should show the card I made with one of the backgrounds I created and showed on Saturday, if you missed the post click HERE to see it.  The card was made for Mr ND's sisters anniversary and was given yesterday so no worries about her seeing it early!

As you all know I started on the background, this was made using Cosmic Shimmer Silk glitter, a mask and a double sided adhesive sheet.  I used three colours of glitter Antique Rose, Pale Bronze & Lavender and an old mask form That special Touch (so sorry don't know which one!) .  I then stamped over the glitter, which is the astonishing thing about the silk glitter it dires completely falt and polishes up allowing you to stamp and emboss over it!

To make the card to house the background I wanted to keep the colours bright especially as Sancha loves bright colours and has a wonderful way with them.  Therefore I had to pick out the royal purple and off set it with the CE soft Gold card.  I matted the image onto a wide sheet of purple and made a Polished silk glitter border by using double sided adhesive tape to make a square frame, I added the glitter, Sahara Gold, and polished it to a shine.

Next I added a couple of layers of soft gold and royal purple to make the square card base.  I felt that while I loved the background I had created it was a little too stark on its own so I ran a length of satin ribbon down the right hand side and added a soft gold die cut from the Spellbinders Gold elements one corner die.  The sentiment panel is made using the centre oval die form the Sue Wilson Austrian collection background die on a hand cut mat in the same soft gold.  The sentiment is stamped in bright gold detail embossing powder and is finished with a messy bow and large silver dazzler.

A bright card for me but loved by the recipients!

Ingredients:
Spellbinders Gold elements one
Sue Wilson Austrian Collection Background
That special Touch Mask
Cosmic Shimmer Polished Silk Glitter (Antique Rose, Pale bronze & Lavender)
CE Soft Gold & Purple card
Silver Dazzler & Ribbon from stash.

Enjoy...

18 comments:

  1. Morning John,
    What A Beautiful Rich Card, whom ever received this must have been thrilled, I Love The Silk Glitters and if there the ones from Creative Expression which I have it's great as you can stamp on top as you mentioned, I love the colours you've chosen very vivid and rich just stunning and the fabulous ribbon and the stick pins your friend makes for you. John thank you for sharing.
    Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautitful card. I bet the sheen IRL is even more wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow-stunning card. I can understand why the recipients loved it!

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great background ,bright but with all the layers makes a stunning card ,know why all liked it ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab idea, how do you come up with them? xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John,
    Simply stunning.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card I don't have the silk glitters so am going to add them to my Need List! I need to make a Golden Wedding card so....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John. Great card with my favourite corner die. Love the silk glitters, bet it looks so much brighter in real life.
    Love val x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eh up John
    You know I love bold and bright so love this. Makes me think me a posh chocolate box. Maybe a wee bit less of the corner die for me but only so we can see more of that gorgeous background you have created.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I knew someone to make me an anniversary card like this...I love it. Colours are perfect.
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John,
    Wow what a striking card! It's just so rich and luscious! Mr ND's sister must have been thrilled to bits with it I know I would have been.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John,
    a very regal and royal looking card, and beautifully designed as usual.
    Love the fab colour choice and that glitter sounds amazing must get some of that.
    How could anyone be disappointed in receiving such a super card.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John. What a great card, I love the purple/gold combo. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! Super work on that background too John.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another fab creation - luv it xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning John. Absolutely love it.

    Love the background, whatever mask you used and those glitters are gorgeous. Loved the fact you added the gold corner and Purple frames etc but I don't think it needed the ribbon coming down the card, bow yes, But hey what do I know, it's so beautiful with or without the ribbon.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John
    A stunning card. Love the colours. I don't have any of the super fine glitters, so I feel an investment coming on... Best wishes, Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John super card,love the colour,and and the super fine glitters,look fantastic. I do not have thee,love the ribbon,I think if it was me,I would not add the gold element.
    Thanks for the inspiration .
    Ita.

    ReplyDelete