Friday, 26 September 2014

Peace on Friday...

Happy Christmas Friday,

Peace, as they said in the sixties (and probably still do!) these days it seems to be a classic Christmas sentiment.  Today's card uses only one die the peace die from Sue Wilson as all of the decoration and shine in this card is made with the glitters and embellishments.  Now my long term followers will know I am not usually a glitter person however I have found the Polished silk glitter so easy to use that I seem to be using it all the time (good job Christmas is on the horizon!)













I started today's card by die cutting a sheet of cardstock onto which I stuck a double sided adhesive sheet.  I due cut the piece just once in the centre of the GC so that only the top sheet of the adhesive was cut.  This then allowed me to pull off the sections of the die cut individually.  I wanted to use three coordinating shades of the glitter so I started by removing the backing from all the pieces within the shape and rubbed the copper glitter into these.  The joy of the polished silk is that you scrub the which means that all excess comes off and when you add the next colour the excess doesn't contain any of the first colour (I hope this makes sense!)  I then took the backing off the Peace section and rubbed in the lightest gold, followed by the outside onto which I added a light copper.

I hope this shines through in the pictures on everyones screens as in real life the colours really show differently.

The remainder of the card was made to show this piece off and that fact that whilst the topper would make a beautiful small card the addition of the ribbon, bow (sorry Lydia!) and the embossed background of Vintage Gold card, you can make it into a large card for a special someone.

Ingredients:
Sue Wilson Peace die
double sided A4 sheets
Polished silk Glitters (gold set)
Swirling Holly A4 embossing Folder
Gold Silky Crush ribbon

Notes: To answer a few questions asked this week, on the wreath card I just kept cutting the Holly Sprigs die until I got fed up so cant say how many I used (as I had to cut about 100 for Ally Pally, it's a glamorous life I also had to cut over 500 pine bough die cuts) Best advice on this one is to cut them till your arm aches and just use as many as you need to get the fullness required, they are always useful and I have a bag of ones I have cut for further Christmas Projects and they are great for last minutes cards and decorations.
The foundation card that everyone has been asking about is form Creative Expressions and comes in loads of colours. It is available through Create and Craft and is usually featured on the Creative Expressions shows.  However if you click HERE you will be taken to the CE website which lists all local shops and online retailers that have the card (and other CE products) available.

Enjoy...

20 comments:

  1. Hi John, love the card, I have the Peace die, and am starting working on my Christmas designs, this is fabulous inspiration. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card-the topper & embossed background are great. Not keen on the bow as I think it detracts from your lovely card but thats just me.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning as always John, love how you have used the glitters on the Peace die, looks fabulous.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning John your card is gorgeous. I do like the polished glitters. There are so many lovely thing and not enough time to use them all. Have a brilliant day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John, a lot of work in this card. I like the way you have done multi colours on the peace section. Janice http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eh up John
    Stunning matey, just stunning! What you have done with the glitter is wonderful.
    Now put down that sitar and get out of that kaftan lol!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ps. . . If you wear it to make cards, is it a kraftan? Better put the lid back on the glue lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John,
    Such a beautiful card and I love the colours and the idea of the glitter is great. Keep up the fantastic work...no wonder CE grabbed you to be one of their designers!

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning John,
    Love what you have done with the peace die, lovely effect. not so keen on the bow, just too big for my taste.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John, Love this card and I think the bow with its accessories is perfect on this card.
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John. Great card and I love the 3 shades of polished silk : )
    Foundation card is great card. I always get mine from joannasheen.com (free or very low p&p)
    Have a great weekend. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and like you say for someone special, might just have to have another look at these polished silk glitters (like you not an amazingly big fan of glitter) but this might just change my mind xx luv everything about this card xx have a good weekend xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one is really beautiful and classy, love it..xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning John, lovely card today so rich I love gold for Christmas Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. another great card John ,am going to take out die today ,having had a chance yet ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning john, beautiful card, very elegant. I will be playing with the same embossing folder later along with my holly dies.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not much of a glitter fan either I need to see these as you're slowly convincing me! Gorgeous card Can't get the image of you in a Kraf-tan out of my head now!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John,
    what a truly amazingly superb card.
    My that sounds a work of art that Peace Center and the lovely colour glitters.
    I am really pleased as for once I have the die and embossing folder used, but not the glitters yet. I do however have the Iced snow, and Glacier Ice, and have used them a couple of times, and am so pleased with the results.
    Can really recommend them to everybody to use.
    Crafty regards. Jenny L. P. S My granddaughter is a lot better now.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John
    Gorgeous card. I love the three tones of glitter, they complement one another so well. I've not perfected the technique of cutting through just the adhesive top sheet, but I'm going to give it another go. Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John,stunning,classy,it would be a joy to give this card as a gift,and to receive it would be fantastic .I love the soft tons on the Die.
    A work of art JOHN.
    Ita.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super card John, I have the Peace die, I just haven't had time to get it out of the packet ! I'm going to look for that polished silk glitter - I won't use the C website and list, I've trawled through that in the past, and not found what I want, so it just irritates me to heck, and I go look elsewhere. (Besides which, some of them won't send outside the UK anyway).

    ReplyDelete