Thursday, 11 September 2014

Monochrome, for real...

Happy Thursday,



After yesterdays silver and Navy Christmas card I thought I should go back to traditional monochrome and the simplicity of black and white.  This is still one of my favourite colour combinations (if you can call it a colour at college I was told there was no such thing as Black!)

Today's card started with me cutting the filigree section shape from the Vienna die set by Sue Wilson in black card.  I then Cut a piece of coconut white (which is a lovely soft white) card, which I had embossed with the pinpoint embossing folder, into a simple oval shape I added the centre filigree section form the Vienna die in the centre.  This was foam mounted above the black die cut and then it was simply dressed.  I added a messy bow of black seam binding, A Vintage cameo and some pearl swirls, all from Creative Expressions, round a hand cut banner with the sentiment.

The back of the card is simply the remainder of the sheet that I embossed matted, layered and foam mounted together with black cardstock to create the card.


Finally I added a few (Honest Ita it's just a few!) PVA dots in the corners, in a pearl finish, to give the card some focus.

All in all a simple card to put together with just 2 die cut pieces but the layering and embellishments really make this one I feel.

Ingredients:
Sue Wilson Vienna die set
Sue Wilson Pinpoint A4 Embossing Folder
Coconut white & Black foundation card
Embellishments for Creative Expressions
Cosmic Shimmer PVA pearl glue.

Enjoy...

17 comments:

  1. Simple it may be, but very striking! Lovely card.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card John.

    I was always told Black & White are not colours but contrasts. At school now the kids are not allowed to use Black in Art, they have to make it using other colours, basically Red, Blue & Yellow make Black...eventually lol!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh up John
    Very pretty card with the pearls and swirls.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John,
    This one is right up my ally, love it all. stylish and classy.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Which pinpoint embossing folder did you use there are three in the range. Card is fab, what more can I say, except, roll on tomorrow for the next creation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John,
    Stunning, stylish and classy....love the black and white. I always look forward to seeing what you eill come up with each day.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card. Love your style. I have only discovered you yesterday and become a follower straight away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice and one if my favourite colour combos too - had to give myself a good talking too earlier this year cos all my cards were black & white - still such a classic colour way though luv it xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the monochrome look John - and mostly focussed in the centre of the card, which gives the embossing some space to shine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great card John ,again another stunner ,love the black and white scheme .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John, lovely card today I have never tried black and white but seeing your card I really must give it a try Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John,
    superb card yet again.
    Love the superb design of this beautiful card.
    My DH doesn't understand about black and white cards, he always thinks of sympathy cards as black and white, but I told him they look very lovely for all occasions.
    Once I made a 21st card for a young lady who was having a masquerade party with the Spellbinders Venetian set.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It may be simple to you but I just know it'd go pear shaped when I try! It's a lovely card and classic as well as classy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Afternoon John, you cant be black and white - will always look good. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John
    A lovely stylish card. So elegant.
    Best wishes, Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Wow John,I adore Black and White,and this card is Spectacular.The Dies you used worked so well,and the i bossing added to the total look,and just enough,dots.
    Ita.

    ReplyDelete