Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Friday, 5 September 2014

Melted Glass...

Happy Friday,

Todays' card is a bit of a change from yesterdays bright coloured card. I thought I would  calm things down a little with a white and silver card base that highlights the stamped panel that I tried to make look like molten glass.

The panel which is stamped, from Creative Expressions, four times onto a sheet of clear shrink plastic.  I stamped the images in Archival black ink and heat shrunk the plastic allowing it to warp to give the effect I wanted.

I made the card to highlight this piece by die cutting a piece of white cardstock with spellbinders labels 28 to create an aperture.  I mounted this, with foam tape, onto a sheet of silver mirror card then threaded silver ribbon across the aperture (although you cant really see it the ribbon is woven in the middle)  The stamped panel is then stuck on top of the ribbon.




I finished the card by adding a panel cut with the Enchanted labels 28, using a standard labels 28 to give the aperture.  I embossed the piece using a crafters companion rose folder and added a sheet of silver mirror card on which I cut the same labels 28 aperture in the middle.  This was all added to a hand cut white card blank and finished.





This would make a great wedding or anniversary card I think but could have multiple uses!

Ingredients:
Spellbinders Labels 28
Spellbinders Enchanted labels 28
Creative Expressions Daisy Stamps (Sue Wilson)
Crafters Comopanion Embossing folder
Remainders from stash


Enjoy...



13 comments:

  1. Hi John,
    Truly Fabulous Card this morning I Love the Silver and the White you've chosen to use . The Shrink Plastic Looks Great I love doing this, I Love how you've threaded the Ribbon behind your shrinked images and using the Fabulous Labels 28 which is a favourite of mine, Stunning Card John Thanks For Sharing, and the tips and techniques.
    Take care
    Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card & I also think it could be used for a number of occasions.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful John.Love the colours used. Haven't used shrink plastic for ages. It's a great technique and I really must put it on my list to do.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks gorgeous Never tried Shrink Plastic - I'm not a stamper (yet) and it looks too scary for me! Can you print onto shrink plastic...?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John,
    The jury's out on this one I'm afraid, just not my cup of tea. I love the shrink plastic effect, for me I would not have put the white frame on the front. Sorry John.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eh up John
    I was trying to remember if this was one I saw the other week. Love the effect with the shrink. As I told you, bought some in a sale at work and its still in a drawer lol!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John. I must find my shrink plastic as I love the glass effect on this card. I didn't have any luck colouring the plastic so I put it away. Any tips. (I tried colouring both sides and with Promarkers and coloured pencils but neither showed up. I know the colour intensifies after shrinking it didn't show at all!) Help would be gratefully welcomed. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John,
    Such a different card today from you but I love it and the shrink plastic idea is great. Never used it myself. Thanks for the inspiration.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John,love the card,I have never done shrink plastic,I think I have some,the effect you got was super.I Have the Die so that is a plus.
    It's.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card John, love the little stamped panels.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John,
    wonderful piece of work on the glass panels.
    They look fab, not sure about the card though, can't make up my mind on that.
    Sometimes the camera photos don't do our work justice, and this maybe the case on this occasion.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great card ,love the shrink plastic .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like others have the shrink plastic but a bit scared of it !! Lol luv thee card & yet another unusual design xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete