Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Monday, 22 September 2014

In The Pink!...

Happy Monday!




Its now 05:42am Monday morning, when I got back home from Ally Pally I had 2 options, write today's post before going to bed or get up early this morning and write it.  As you can tell from the time I am typing this bed won!  I had a fabulous weekend however could not keep my eyes open last night so alarm set for 5am and here we are (its also helped that Mr ND had to be up for work at 5am! lol)

Thank you so much to all the wonderful people I met during the weekend I was amazed at the reception I received from my first live demonstrations and all the demoing I did on the Creative Expressions stand.  I just hope I managed to answer all the questions people asked correctly!  The atmosphere was amazing and meeting such talented people, crafters and demonstrators, was a real pleasure. I have to put a shout out to the brilliantly helpful, friendly and supportive team.  I learned so much form Phill Martins, Julia Watts and Tracey Laugton who were demonstrating as well.  It became quite a joke over the weekend as at various times I was John Next Door to Julia, then Tracey, then Phill.  The Creative Expressions team on the stand worked their proverbial's off and I have no idea how Christine the office Manger coped with it all!

Finally I have to send massive Thanx to Sue Wilson giving me the opportunity to do this event and for the fantastic encouragement and support.  It t all goes without saying none of the opportunities and simple fun I have had would of been possible without the wonderful blog friends I have made on here!

So Today's card is an unusual colour choice for me however it felt appropriate as I am feeling, in the Pink!







I started with a strawberry pink card form my stash and the Tethered Hearts striplet die form Sue Wilson and simply cut three as an aperture in the pink.  I layered this over chocolate foundation card which I had embossed using the checker board pinpoint embossing folder.  I then added a brown cut form the striplet which I cut using the outline die as well to give a separate piece, i mounted this onto a die cut in the pink using only the outline.  I added a piece of the double sided adhesive sheet, stuck on the chocolate die cut and dusted the piece with Iced snow ( I feel sorry for whoever is cleaning under my demo area form the weekend as I used so much of the glitter jewel range that it must be everywhere!)

For the main sentiment I used the same technique, this time using the Auvergne die from the French Collection,  using the smallest die as the top in pink stamped with the sentiment.  The whole colour scheme for this card was based on the beautiful grosgrain striped ribbon in chocolate and pink so, of course, I had to add a double bow of finished with a couple of the three bead pearl hatpins and a pearl dazzler (you know me there has to be a pearl somewhere!)

The backing of the card was simply made by layering the chocolate and brown card to ale a 20 x 20cm card blank with the final pink layer dusted, again using a piece of the double sided adhesive sheet, with the iced snow.

I love this card and it was given away yesterday ( having been made especially for)  Mr ND's niece for her sweet 16th!

Ingredients:
Sue Wilson Tethered Hearts Striplet
Sue Wilson Auvergne Die set
Iced Snow
CE Sentiment Stamp
Pink & Chocolate Grosgrain Ribbon


More tomorrow with Sue and Mary's challenge they set me at Ally Pally and some of the samples I made on the stand (if I can find them in my crates!)

Enjoy...

23 comments:

  1. Lovel card-perfect for a 16th! Glad you enjoyed Ally Pally-wonder where your crafty career will take you next?

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning John your card is fabulous. I am so pleased that you had a wonderful time at Ally Pally it was lovely to meet you and see your work first hand. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh up John
    Having seen this in real life, I can testify that its very pretty.
    I can well imagine you are shattered so take a deep breath and chill out today.
    Have a restful day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John, so glad you had such a good time and meeting so many demonstrators and crafty people is wonderful.
    Love todays card and i can well imagine you feel in the pink. Wonder what's next in your crafty career?

    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John, I can confirm this card is just as lovely on real life as I saw it on your stand. Have a good day today after a hectic weekend. Excel London is the next craft show so hopefully see you there. Janice http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you had a good time at AP at the weekend. Didn't get a chance to get there unfortunately. Hopefully see you in April. Todays card is lovely even if the colours are unusual. Keep up the good work!.
    Love from Christine in Darcy....xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truly stunning I love how you've done an aperture and a feature using a Striplet I think I've got my head around it Going to email you later with a question though Work is calling

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card and colour combo - fab sentiment too xx got lots of the striped grossgrian ribbon so might just have to get it out and have a go and me thinks there might be a new purchase required cos I'm luvin the look of the French die xx bet your Neice-in- law!! loved it too xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS john glad you had an amazing time @ AP and you were made to feel so welcome onto the team xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning John,
    Pleased to hear you had a great time, it must have been a bit daunting for you at the start but I bet you soon settled in. Love your card except the ribbon, you may remember me saying that in the past don't do big bows.
    Have a rest today and reflect in your first weekend demoing.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John,
    I hope you're feeling very proud of yourself this morning after spending the weekend demoing amongst your craft mentors..how thrilled you must have been. It's been a whirlwind of a month for you. Perhaps we'll see you on C&C next...fingers crossed!
    Oops nearly forgot to mention your beautiful card! Love the pink and brown and the way you have used the striplet die...absoloutely gorgeous.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John. I am finally catching up with your blog. Love the card today, great colour combo and the Iced Snow looks fabulous. Ally Pally was a great show, it was my first visit, and will certainly be going each time from now on. I am so sorry that I didn't get to say Hi to you on Saturday but am glad that you had a great time, it was rather hot though wasn't it! I also got a shot of Sue under that sign and you look very happy to be stood by her, a lovely picture. Hope you can get a bit of a rest now. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John
    Many congratulations on your successful weekend. What next for you? Can't wait to see! Your card is truly stunning this morning. I love it and I'm sure the recipient will do too. Best wishes, Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not surprised the bed won John, Ally Pally is so intensive. Pretty card, I'm very fond of pink, ( and you could do a variation in February!). Have a bit of a rest this week to recover.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good morning John, what a lovely card for a 16th birthday, the iced snow really sparkles. Have a good rest today though you've still got to empty the crates and put everything away!! best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete

  16. Hi John, Your card is amazing, I really love the colours they go so perfectly together, I wouldn't mind having this one to frame. I'm glad you enjoyed the weekend and meeting so many talented crafters, your Demo's were perfect, I have never seen anyone cut with scissors in such a perfect straight line before, well done. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John, WOW love the bling just right for a 16 year old. Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning John, unusual colour combo but I like it. Great you had a fab time, when is your next one lol!?

    looking forward to seeing what Sue had set you.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi J.N.D. Wow this is stunning. Just wish I lived nearer London!! But hey ho I can still see your fabulous work on the computer. You do sound as if you enjoyed it.Thanks for sharing. Hugs. Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John,
    what a really stunning and superb card.
    I do love every bit of this super design.
    My I bet she was over the moon with such a fab card.
    I'm not surprised you were very tired when you got home, much better write your post on clear head in the morning.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the card ,really stunning ,looks like you had a wonderful time over the weekend [so glad for you as your creations are fab ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John ,boy am I late today with my comment,stunning card,love the pink.I am so so happy A.P.went well for you,you must be exausted,but a nice exausted.My dream of Sue,and yourself creating works of art has come through.I am in the wars a gain,and this time to Hospital in Dublin.
    I will e.mail you
    Hugs
    Ita.

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are so beautiful John, Just found your site and can't wait to learn so much from from you and your designs. Keep'em comin'.!

    ReplyDelete