Monday, 29 September 2014

Gilded Screen...

Happy Monday,

Yesterdays post went out, for some unfathomable reason, at lunchtime so I apologise to those who like me are early risers and like to check blogs first thing!  If you did miss yesterdays post there is one if you scroll down after this one!

Back to Monday and I have a three fold screen card for you today, most of my lovely blog family will know that I do like things in rows and seem to have a thing for threes!  I was talking to an American friend the other day who pointed to that we, the British crafting fraternity, seem to be heavily into things in threes, especially me and hatpins!

I started by die cutting the centre 2 dies into the main body of the card using Sue Wilson's Austrian Salzburg set three times equally across a sheet of coconut white card.  I took 1 cm off the top and side of the A4 sheet so that I could have a border all the way around when finished and simply measured and folded the card first to ensure that the three cuts lined up.

Next I cut three of the largest ovals form the set using more card covered in an A4 double sided adhesive sheet and 3 of the smallest centre dies and gilded all six pieces.  The three largest cuts were placed behind the filigree sections with the smallest ovals foam mounted in the centre s on the front.

The reminder is relatively simple with the left leaning die from petite vinery cut in vintage silver foundation card added to the fronts and then decorated with ivory pearl PVA glue dots.  The border across the top and bottom which doesn't show well on the photo's is made with thin double sided adhesive tape onto which I have added gunmetal polished silk glitter, just to add  little bit more sparkle and texture.

I left this card without a sentiment as I wasn't sure what occasion this would be suitable for, any suggestions?

Ingredients:
Sue Wilson Salzburg Die set
Sue Wilson Petite Vinery die set
Silver Dawn Gilding flakes
Gunmetal Polished Silk Glitter

Enjoy...

20 comments:

  1. Eh up John
    Beautiful card and design. Could be used for most occasions as it is neutral, if you know what I mean lol!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card John, would make an ideal Silver wedding Anniversary card but it would fit most occasions.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning John your card is gorgeous it has a beautiful symmetry. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John and everyone who pops in, yes I did check back a few times yesterday but better late than never.

    Todays card is stunning, silver and white always work so well together. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, loved yesterdays project so pretty. You've really got me into making these.
    Love todays tri fold card. If you used Sues Holly Spray it would make a very contemporary Christmas card.
    Have a good day.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, very classy. I agree with the comment of adding holly to it-would make it a stunning christmas card.

    Am away for a week after today so no comments from me until next Tuesday.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning I've never made a Screen card - something else for me to try! I don't have any of Sue's 2nd collection (yet!) but have a couple of Medallions that may work Perfect card for Silver Wedding and it's not too feminine to be a great male card too Christmas Birthdays Anniversaries I can think of lots of occasions

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John,
    A beautiful card, love the triple idea. A card for any occasion I would say.....errrmm it's my birthday on the 9th and our 46th anniversary on the 12th! Lol!

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the look of this card, and one that was nice and easy to see how to do, especially with your instructions. I think you could add any comment you wanted to this one which makes it even better, get well, happy birthday, thank you etc etc.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning John,
    A sunning card, love it. Silver wedding comes to mind but I think it's suitable for most occasions.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this one John, I suppose you get all your hatpins free now sob sob. I could do a swappsy if you do want some more. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning John, a very interesting card today it could be used with so many dies. Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John, Two stunning ideas, in my mind they could both be for a wedding?!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty.

    Thank you for sharing,
    Petrina

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John, really beautiful, love the 3 panels. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John,first apologies for yesterday ,I got my days mixed up,thought it was Sat.,and did not get any e.mail of Sundays Card,so lots of confusion in my head.
    Lovely card again today,I love the silver,lots of occasion,type of card.
    Ita.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card John and the triple panel card is not something I've tried so will,have to give it a go one day. I agree, silver wedding anniversary card or maybe get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brilliant card and without the flourish could be used for a make card too xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. great card love the 3 panels .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John,
    beautifully designed card.
    So elegant, beautiful, and perfectly designed as always.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete