Tuesday, 23 September 2014

Extra, Extra, Read all about it...

Happy Tuesday,


Well today I can finally reveal my final piece of news, although I think quite a few of my regulars have guessed.  I can now confirm that I will be appearing and demonstrating on Create And Craft TV!  It has been so hard keeping this quiet as I am sure you can all imagine it's one you want to share with everyone.  However yesterday I got the O.K. from Creative Expressions and the green light (is that the correct term?) from C&C that my first show will be on the 16th October.  I had my screen test last Thursday before Ally Pally and I demoed the card I blogged that day, which is why I have been holding that card back but was able to post then.

I am also doubly lucky as I will be working with the great Sue Wilson who will be introducing me on a couple of her hours as she is doing the One Day Wonder, see the new sidebar listing for show times.  I don't know which 2 hours I will be doing as yet however I will be doing a demo each hour so those of you who weren't able to attend Ally Pally and wanted to see me work can now do so from the comfort of your own armchairs.

I have been busy beavering away for a few weeks making show samples and getting my demos ready and prepared and as I am sure you can all imagine I have a lot more to do!  I can't say how excited, nervous and a little overawed with this and everything I have achieved since returning from Spain I am.   However I know that the encouragement and support from my blog family has been a wonderful help.

Choosing Today's crafty creation was a little difficult as it is a little early to do a sneak peak of what will be on the shows however, obviously, I wanted something special for today.  AS my demoing at Ally Pally is part of what I will be doing I thought I would give a few pictures of some of the demo pieces I made whilst on the stand.  Also it's only fair to show the results of the challenge set for me by Sue and her Auntie Mary!

The first card is one of the techniques I was asked to explain and demo the most, I had my triple stamped Christmas card from a couple of weeks ago on the stand and so many people wanted me to show them the technique.  The let it snow card is actually just the piece I made to show one group made up into a card.  The stamping, embossing, matting, foam amounting and glue dotting was all done in situ and so the front piece was completed there. All i have done for today is add the bow and the layers to frame the piece and make it into a card.

As I was primarily covering die cutting and embellishing I kept cutting the Let It snow die, which I used on the front of this card and showed lots of techniques on how to embellish it.  these show it covered in iced snow, letters picked out in twinkles and Cosmic Shimmer pearl PVA as well as Diamond Sparkle.  I did do one in silver gilding flakes which was, if I say myself, beautiful (mainly due to the gilding flakes and not my skill in application) however that vanished from my table soon after being made!

Finally for the challenge, Sue and Mary said that they love the Sue Wilson Austrian Collection however they only make square cards so it was of no use to them.  They said if I could make a square card in five minutes they would be impressed.  Well never one to turn down a challenge, certainly not one from two ladies, I took them on.  the next card is the result, all I have added in the bow and ribbon and mounted the card I made onto a slightly larger base card.  You can tell that this was made in a hurried challenging environment as there are flaws all over it however a promise is a promise and one square card, made form a rectangular die, completed.

So Pleased to be able to finally share all my news I promise that is all I have for now!

Enjoy,

John x

33 comments:

  1. Well done John, looking forward to seeing you on the telly. Love these cards, the let it snow die is gorgeous. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH-fantastic news!!!!!! I live your cards-I was lucky enough to win this die on Sue's blog so its nice to have some ideas of how to use it.
    I can't wait to see you on TV, how lucky that your first appearance is with Sue.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops-meant to say "love your cards"!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning John!
    Well Done!
    I am so pleased for you ......looking forward to seeing you on Create and Craft too!
    Love Marg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning John your cards are gorgeous. I for one could not make anything as beautiful in 5 minutes I am very impressed. I am so pleased for you and I am looking forward to seeing you on C&C. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John,
    WOW! I just knew it would happen sooner or later.....C&C! Yeehaaa!...Well done you must be so excited and it's really well deserved John.
    Two stunning cards today I love the Let it Snow die. and you've worked wonders with it.
    Can't wait for Oct 16th to come now!

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John and a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS !! Your cards are amazing and I can see you are going to become very famous !
    Love todays cards, went straight on to my Pinterest "Gorgeous Card" board !

    Well done !!
    Rose in Portugal xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. John, what fantastic news, well done and richly deserved. This card wad stunning and looks amazing in real life too, definitely a card that I will have a go at. Well done on the challenge, easy for you. Janice xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well John, after going on the design team, then appearing at Ally Pally I think it comes as no surprise to us that the next step is C & C. Big, big congratulations. On behalf of your blog family we are so proud of you. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brill news John. Well done, and well worth leaving Spain for. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John. I think I said everything I want to in my letter but once again many congratulations. You so deserve this.
    I won a set of stamps on Sues blog on Monday and wrote to her with my address and couldn't help adding how talented you are. Had her email today saying what a nice fella you are -ah.
    I know we miss you here in Spain but it was so the best move for you.
    Love val x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eh up John
    Well, as I told everyone I spent last Thursday with you they now know why we didn't get much crafting done lol!
    You know I loved the original Let it Snow card so I love this white version too and a big thumbs up for your challenge creation.
    Your success is no more than you deserve matey!
    Get some rest today!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning John, it was so lovely meeting you at Ally Pally and congrats on C&C, I look forward to seeing you and Sue together and watching you fly solo. Another beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow......the hits just keep on coming!. Can't wait to see you on the goggle box. Now I don't have to wait till April for AP. Hope all goes well for your debut. I'm sure it will as Sue will look after you. Well deserved as your cards are inspiring. Well don. John....Love from Christine in Darcy...xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning John,
    My hunch was right, I thought the next step for you would be C&C. WELL DONE & CONGRATULATIONS, richly deserved. Love both cards you have showcased today.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John your cards today are stunning. Great news that I can now catch up with you on Create & Craft. Good luck to you and well done. Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John. CONGRATULATIONS, as you said I think we knew that it was going to happen, C&C would have been mad not to sign you up but it is great to have it confirmed and the 16th Oct will soon come around won't it (even though you probably want more time to prepare for it) And who better to introduce you to tv than our wonderful Sue : ) You deserve all of the recognition that you are getting now, enjoy it.
    I love todays card, blimey, it just shouts how much talent you have if you can produce a card like this in just 5 minutes! Give me 5 hours and I would still be struggling : )
    Once again, huge CONGRATULATIONS John. I hope you are feeling as proud of yourself as you should be: ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John
    CONGRATULATIONS !!!! We all knew it would happen! And how nice to be proved right! Two lovely cards today. I love the technique you demo'ed in the first and I must give it a go. So pleased that your arrival back to the UK has started so well. Best wishes, Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello John.

    I have just found your blog today thanks to Julia Watt. Your cards are lovely and I look forward to watching you on C&C!

    Very best wishes

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow what amazing news - like you say so much has happened since your return you must be in a bit of a spin - but another BIG CONGRATS to you xx luvin the card too and luv this die and nice to see the different techniques to cover it - still need to have a go at the triple layer stamping technique too xx Well done you xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. what exciting news. I will tune in on your show day to see you; Hopefully you will be on at a time when I am not asleep here in the states. I love the Let it Snow die and if my Christmas cards had not been done already, I would use that one this year. You deserve it John.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooh, John, a big CONGRATULATIONS! I am so pleased for you, how much further you have come since you moved back to Blighty, I bet you are chuffed to bits, I would be. I've just put 16th October on my calendar, and I'll be tuning in so I don't miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely to work with you at Ally Pally, welcome to the team! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well "our John "is going to be famous,big big, congrats you deserve it you are such a talanted man,enjoy every second of your fame.I know it wil also be a lot of hard work.
    Your cards to day are super.
    Ita.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John,
    I am soooooooo! chuffed for you. Congratulations on your new news.
    I bet you had kittens when I mentioned it on a comment a while back, but I new from your excellent video tutorials that you would be really good at demoing on the TV.
    Oh my I would have loved to see you create these superb cards in person.
    I love them they are so superbly stunning creations.
    I too love to get a lot more out of my dies than what they are usually used for.
    For instance I used the Sue Wilson Small bow die, and made it into a really pretty edge for a circle die so it looked like a doily round the edge.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete

  26. Hi John, CONGRATULATIONS, you really deserve it, I can't wait to see you on the TV, you make the most wonderful creations so quickly, you really have inspired me. Thank you for completing the challenge both Mary and I gave you, the card is wonderful, it just goes to show how you can use a Die in more ways than you think, well done.

    Sue and Mary xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats mate, so proud of you.
    Gorgeous card to day as per. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats, John. You will be great.

    Another beautiful card design today - no surprise.

    Happy thoughts,
    Petrina

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yes John, some of us have always known you were heading for TV fame.Your talent exceeds many who have appeared there.
    Terrific cards yet again, don't know how you manage to inspire us daily.
    WELL DONE
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congratulations John, no surprise as when you announced you would be demo at Ally Pally for CE I guessed that would be the next thing but how fast things are moving for you its brilliant. I shall look forward to seeing you on the TV lol! You will be nervous its only to be expected but feel proud and enjoy the time as I am sure it will fly.

    Great card, love the square snow card. Good on Ang for keeping the secret.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  31. well well John , did cross my mind that that was your great news .Am so delighted for you and will leave space in busy time table for your shows [ha ha ].really am delighted for you ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  32. Well done John, all of your hard work is paying off. Good luck with your shows, we'll all be watching you and sending good vibes to you across the airwaves. Angela xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Huge congratulations. Cant wait to see you on screen x

    ReplyDelete