Wednesday, 17 September 2014

Did you spot it?!?

Happy Wednesday,




As its Wednesday then Its my turn to show a creation for the Creative Expressions Design team and I have chosen one of the cards that I made for them that was featured on Sue Wilson's shows at the weekend.  For those of you who watched you wont have seen this card held up as, along with another of mine, it was used at the front of the main bundle of dies to show what can be achieved.  I know it's sad But i watched avidly and smiled every time the camera panned around it! lol

To leave a comment on the Creative Expression blog click HERE or to see what the rest of the Design Team have come up with.  My post goes live later in the day so If you have the time it would be great if you pop over there and have a look!!!







So back to the creation of this 3D card, I started by die cutting 2 each of the different sized baubles form the Sue Wilson Vintage Bauble die set in Vintage Gold card.  I then cut one of each in red foundation card with the insert and one of each without the insert to get a solid shape for the base.  I simply folded each of the detailed baubles in half and glued each of the three for each shape in the centre to the base.  Once dry these are just folded out to give a 3D feel.


To decorate the baubles I stamped the matching pinstripe stamp in gold embossing powder onto the red card stock and cut a selection of the sizes out using the matching Sue Wilson classic poinsettia die.  These were then made into the full flowers by pinching the leaves on each stem and gluing different sizes together in the centre. Finally, for this stage at least, I added different sizes of flowers around the edges of the baubles.
To make the card base I stamped the same poinsettia stamp in perfect medium onto a piece of red card and then dusted the images with gold mica powder.  This gives a beautiful shimmer and a flatter image than using embossing powder.

I then made a set of frames and used a sheet of acetate over the image so that the baubles appear to be floating!

Finally to finish the card I made a set of mats and layers in the vintage gold and red card.

A time consuming card but really fun to make and worth it for a special Christmas card!







Ingredients:
Sue Wilson Vintage Bauble Die
Sue Wilson Classic Poinsettia Die
CE Singles stamps pinstripe Poinsettia
Detail Gold embossing Powder
Gold Mica Powder
Vintage Gold & Red foundation card

Enjoy...


22 comments:

  1. Hi John. What a fabulous card, I love it (it is showing up as dusky pink not the red that we all saw on Sue's shows, doesn't matter though)
    You weren't being silly at all, to have your work sat beside Sue Wilson's on TV being shown again and again is something that most of us can only dream about so you enjoy every minute. You certainly deserved to get noticed and now your professional crafting journey has really started, enjoy every minute, I am delighted for you. You should feel very proud of yourself because we all are : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, absolutely stunning. Love this card, very traditional but classy and elegant at the same time. Love the colour Red card, is it just Red or does it have one of their wonderful names? By the photos it looks darker than their normal Red card but lighter than the Burgundy card that's why I am asking.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card!!! If I made cards like yours & they were used for TV demonstrations, i'd be doing more than smiling!! I plan to watch all the shows from the weekend tonight-fingers crossed.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, beautiful card John and one which I didn't notice at the weekend.. I don't know about you smiling I'd have been jumping up and down and a lot more. Well done - You deserve every success.
    Love val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card John. Nothing more needs to be said !!!! Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eh up John
    This fantastic card did look red on the TV but showing pink now. Still looks amazing. Why shouldn't you be chuffed with your success? We British always seem to apologise for it rather than celebrating it. Shout it from the rooftops matey! You deserve it!!!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John,
    Stunning card, and I agree with Ang never apologise for being chuffed about your wonderful creations.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow John this is stunning and every bit as good as the creations Sue Wilson does,You must be really proud of your card especially getting them on tv.well done.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John,
    Such a stunning Christmas car and you have every reason to feel proud. I love your creations and always look forward to se what you come up with next. Many thanks for all the inspiration you give us too.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John,
    In full agreement with the others, you deserve to be proud. I must admit, I was extra happy when I realised that your cards were being showcased, and especially when Sue actually said that the cards were by John Lockwood. DT members put in a lot of work and are rarely recognised.
    Love this one too. So detailed.
    Cheers
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a super card John. I will have to watch the videos of the show as the one show I did see I don't remember seeing this card. As I said yesterday you must have been so chuffed seeing your cards on such a prestigious show so shout it from the rooftops. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John, great card today I love the way you have used this die Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning John, have only just found your blog but will be following every day. Gorgeous cards, you have such a talent. Will pop by to say Hi at the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning John a gorgeous card really love this design well done
    jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John,
    a superb card yet again.
    I love your superb designing of this superb creation.
    My as you said a lot of work but really worth the work involved.
    You are a very clever designer, and I'm sure CE will have you demonstrating on
    C & C before long.
    I will look forward to that with great anticipation.
    Just can't wait to say hello at the Ally Pally at the weekend.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It must be great fun to see your creations featured on C&C, I'm with Jenny (above) - when will we see you live demo-ing?

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely card. It isn't sad that you smiled when you saw your card on the show, I would have too! Your work is superb and something to be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John the card is stunning,and your name just Rooled of Sus's thoug,as if she knew you for years.she knows!and C.E. Know they have found a very talanted person.when I saw your Navy card held up,and Sue said it was yours,I knew that had to be the one I saw on your blog,I started crying,I was so over the moon,for you.
    Shout it from the roof tops,our little group of who have traveled this journey,are so very,very, happy for you.
    John you are a star,Congrets,
    Hugs
    Ita.

    ReplyDelete
  19. John, your card is GORGEOUS! Such a festive Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. An absolute masterpiece I keep swapping and changing my mind on what Christmas die set to treat myself to make my "special" cards with this year Just wish I could afford them all as they're all amazing

    ReplyDelete
  21. First of all what a fab card and luv the use of acetate to create floating baubles!! Secondly you are defo not sad for getting excited about seeing your cards on telly - I would have been hyperventilating!!! xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete