Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Wednesday, 24 September 2014

Creative Wednesday...

Happy Wednesday,



Well after the busy times of the last week its back to the Creative Expressions design team project.  The design team this month were asked to create Christmas cards using the Sue Wilson die and stamp range.  I loved this challenge and created a set of 5, hopefully, different cards.  Today's card is also one that was featured on Sue shows a couple of weeks ago on Create and Craft.






I loved making this card as the layering of such an intricate, and yet easy to cut, die gives the most stunning effects.  I started by cutting a circle frame and simply using the die cuts around this to create a full 3D wreath.  The wonderful thing about the Sue Wilson Holly die is that you get the same sprig going both ways making flourishes so much easier as you get the left and right hands.

I added the wreath to a sheet of vintage gold foundation card (for those who asked the foundation card will be available on Sues show on the 16th however I will try and find other suppliers for those who have asked) which I embossed with the quilted flower A4 embossing folder.

I simply added this to a matted and layered card base in the darker green, a bit of the red to balance the design and finished with the vintage gold.  The bow is made with the solid and trellis paper bow dies form Sue Wilson.  Finally a die cut from the believe die and finished.






As per if you could click over to the Creative Expressions blog and leave a comment I would be grateful (got to show them I am worth it as the advert goes!) lol  Click HERE to see the CE blog and what other creations the design team have come up with this week!

Ingredients:
Sue Wilson Dies -
                            Holly Sprig
                            Trellis Bow
                            Plain Bow
                            Believe
Foundation card in Red, Brunswick Green, Light Green and Vintage Gold
Red Apple Twinkles

Enjoy...


26 comments:

  1. Hi John, this card is really beautiful, great use of the dies and embossing folder, I am sure everyone will love it. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card John, saw this one on the show and I prefer the wreath out of these sprigs as apposed to the holly leaves as it looks more realistic and fuller. Love it all.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely christmas card, the embossed background is a great detail for the holly wreath.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning John your card is gorgeous. I love the wreath you have created with the holly die. I do like the new Sue Wilson dies very much. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this when I saw it on TV. Looks a really full wreath. How many layers of holly sprigs did you use to make it look so realistic?
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John I saw Sue holding this one up on on C+C and thought it looked beautiful then. I'm really tempted to buy this die but at the moment I'm sitting on my hands.
    I don't think they post on the Creative Expressions blog until later so I'll try again then.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  7. When Sue showed this on C&C I fell in love with it but how many times did you have to cut out the sprigs! I haven't got that kind of patience! Would love to own the die but for now I'll stick with the one I make using a snowflake punch At least I can add a Sue Wilson bow now! Sue advertises that Joanna Sheen stocks the foundation card

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card and as soon as I saw the holly die it was the first thing I thought of - to make a wreath - yours is amazing and I aspire to have one as gorgeous as this - only got as far as cutting out a few of the holly sprigs bit now I've seen this I know it will be 'worth it' xx will pop over to CE blog later xx off to work now xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eh up John
    I too, like Karen, was wondering how many times you had to cut that holly die lol! Its a terrific card and beautifully dimensional and very worthy of its TV appearance.
    Have a day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning John,
    You must have lots of patience to cut so may holly sprays, but it was worth the effort as stunning card. Love it, have been trying to get this die but it seems to be out of stock everywhere at the moment so will have to keep looking. Not on the CE blog yet.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John. Wow, this is a real stunner. What a fantastic card, I loved it when I first saw it on C&C. What did you use for the berries? Are they Cosmic Shimmer pearl pva dots or self adhesive pearls? I love the die, it is next on my wish list. I got the Holly accessories dies at Ally Pally, they are beautiful too.
    I will comment over at CE later on when they post your lovely card, I wish they posted early, like you do. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning John, this is lovely, you are so right about Sue's dies she has thoughtfully added left and right sides on all of her sprays. Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John,
    Oh I loved this card when I saw it on Sue's show, I though how life-like the wreath looked...thank goodness I have this die! Absolutely beautiful!!

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card John, those dies are so effective used this way, and with two, would take half the time to cut them all out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I looked for your card on the link, and couldn't find it John.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good morning John, I wondered about the holly sprays as to whether I would use them enough then after your demo at Ally Pally I was convinced. However I went round all the stands and no-one had any left!! I still might buy it though as this wreath is beautiful, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely wreath John, will pop over to CE now to comment there.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John
    A Beautiful card John thankyou for showing this love this die must try but trying to get the green card

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John,
    a superb and stunningly creative card.
    I love it as I usually do with you fab designs.
    Superb red cosmic shimmer dots too.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Morning John, another beautiful card, as I said to you at the show. It really is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow this is a stunning card ! Love it John x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Not a lover of Wreaths but they do look good, love the dusky pink one in an earlier post. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John,
    A beautiful card! It's now been posted on the CE blog, so I've made a comment. I rather like the red berries and would love to know what they are. Best wishes, Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John Lovely card, but I do not know why I do not like the wreath, and a lot of cutting out.
    Hugs
    Ita.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This card is beautiful, so much care and thought has gone into it and the colours are so traditional. Love it. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  26. great card ,looks stunning .you have great patience to cut all the pieces for the wreath ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete