Saturday, 6 September 2014

Christmas Leftovers...

Happy Different Saturday,

Firstly I would like to say welcome to new visitors and followers as I seem to have gained a few this week!  To explain a couple of things every Saturday my post is subtitled Something Different Saturday, I attempt to create something that is not a card and is a different craft idea technique or creation.

Also If you have any questions for me please email me on Lockers@live.co.uk as I am unable to answer questions put in comments! Please fell free to email at any time!

Today's something different is a little bit of the scrap use of this and last week however it is in reverse.  I have made 2 projects this week that will be revealed over the next 2 weeks along with a little bit of news as well!  However form making these I had some leftover pieces and I wondered what to do with them.  It was actually Mr ND who suggested the Poshette which is a holder for the cutlery that we used to make when we had a restaurant a few years ago.  He said why not make a poshette and use the leftover pieces to decorate it.


Therefore that is the first project, the second is a name plate for your festive tables along with a little gift jar that could hold each guests preferred condiment as in the in laws house everyone wants a different sauce for their Christmas dinner, I'm not saying who has to have the ketchup!


I will post instructions for making the poshette next Tuesday if anyone wants to recreate the folds and thinks it would be useful for them  I have to say these do make table arrangements easier as they can be made up with the cutlery in advance and placed on the table at the last minute, saving much needed time!

Ingredients:
Sue Wilson Elegant Poinsettia Die
Sue Wilson Ivy Die
Sue Wilson Filigree bow die
Red, Green and Soft Gold cardstock (CE Foundation Card)
Cosmic Shimmer Red Apple Twinkles glitter glue (for the berries)

Enjoy...

19 comments:

  1. Great craft projects today, I really like the Poshette & place card. Instructions would be great.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John,
    What A Beautiful Idea, I Love The Christmas Table To Look Extra Special Even Though There's Only The Two Of Us, I Also Love How You've Created The Fabulous Wrap For The Jar Using Sue Wilson Die's, I Love The Poinsettias They Look Wonderful, This Jar Would Be A Great Idea As A Small Gift Fill With Sweets! I Also Love The Name Plate Again Great For If You Have A Number Of Guests And Adding The Ivy And Poinsettia Really Make It Stand Out. John Thank You So Much For Sharing Your Creations.
    Take Care
    Hugs From Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW John. These are all beautiful. I used to make "poshettes" a few years ago when Lynn had her restaurant but they looked insignificant next to what you've done. Love the place card, it's so pretty.
    Have you come down off the ceiling yet after your DT calling?
    Have a good weekend.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. What a great idea. I love the poshette, the jar and the name tag, they will all look beautiful on the Christmas table, and the little jar can be used as a gift when filled with sweets etc. Fabulous , thanks John. (I cut a few poinsettias every time I have space on my cutting mat so that I will have a load ready to make your projects up) I am looking forward to seeing more and hearing what your news is, I hope it is what I think it might be : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab idea, he does have his uses then!!!!!LOL

    Can I come for dinner please and I,ll have Allioli in my jar. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John,
    Oh this is a wonderfuls set John.....I love everything about it , You're really showing Sue's dies off so beautifully, hope she pops in to have a look.
    Have a good weekend.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John,
    What great projects would make any table look so special. Now this news, lets hope it's what I'm thinking it might be.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this christmas table idea. Will make it look very special. Just might be making an appearance on my table this Christmas...lol
    Take Care....xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eh up John
    Love the pochette. A lovely addition to the festive table along with the ketchup!?! (Now, I know that won't be you!)
    Hadn't taken much notice of the holly die but it does look rather fetching.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful John, these would look fab on the table at Christmas. Bet your the one for the ketchup lol!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely idea and I've never seen a Poshette before (yeah you're right I don't get out much except to Salsa!) I was trying to ignore the Pointsietta and Holly dies but ... All your fab creations are persuading me to buy buy buy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love love - can I please have recipe for cutlery and napkin holder

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John,
    what a superb creation.
    I love this fab idea, and it will be so useful when you have guests to dinner,and not just at Christmas, but at other times of the year with a few small changes.
    Now talking about Ketchup, when I was small the only way my mother could
    get me to eat a roast dinner was to put ketchup over it, and no vegetables.
    Now I am practically a veggie, and don't eat much meat at all, funny how your tastes change over the years.
    Crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John ,what a great idea,love all,one question,why is the fork on the right??
    Ita.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab idea - luv all the items you have made xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Evening John, a bit late viewing peoples blogs as had a day of husband doing DIY and me following behind clearing up !! . A lovely idea and will look forward to instructions on how to make next week. Janice xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. 3 lovely projects , great for the Christmas table .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another wonderful gathering of papers.

    I just love how clever you are.

    Happy thoughts,
    Petrina
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete