Friday, 19 September 2014

Christmas Friday...

Happy Friday,





A little bit of a mixed card today with the formality of the the stamped and die cut poinsettias mixed with the gentler embossing and distress inking.

I started this one by embossing a piece of milk coloured card through a DoCrafts Christmas embossing folder with the legend Let It Snow.  I then used added linen distress ink to highlight the words and the embossing, following this I added some PVA glue pearls on the dots in the folder and on the centres of the beautiful snowflakes.


The poinsettias are stamped with the filigree stamps that match the classic Poinsettia die from Sue Wilson.  I stamped these in perfect medium and embossed them with detail silver embossing powder. onto vintage silver foundation card.  I shaped them and made them into 2 full flowers and added some more of the pearl PVA as the centres.

The spray of flowers are added on top of 2 of the foliage die cuts form the Sue Wilson Grand Vinery die which is then spread across the left hand corner.  This, I feel, frames the sentiment and adds some interest to what could of been a plain card.

The remainder of the card is simply made by layering Vintage gold, Milk and Khaki foundation card (all form the naturals pack of card form Creative Expression) to frame the piece.

Ingredients:
DoCrafts Christmas Embossing Folder
CE Filigree Poinsettia Stamp Set
Sue Wilson Classic Poinsettia die
Sue Wilson Grand Vinery Die
Detail Silver embossing folder






I am travelling down to Ally Pally later today and can't wait to meet those of you who are going tomorrow and Sunday.  I will be on the Creative Expressions Stand during the days and demonstrating at times to be confirmed lol  Please come up and say hello as Mrs Duck says I don't bite!

Enjoy...


18 comments:

  1. Really, really, lovely - I adore this card !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. A beautiful Christmas card. I love it all, the poinsettias look great in the vintage silver card. Have a great time at Ally Pally, I hope it all goes well for you and I hope to be able to get to say hi to you tomorrow : ) Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card John, but it looks like Vintage Gold card you have embossed on rather than the Silver, computer screen ay? lol! Its a beautiful spray of Poinsettias.

    Enjoy your time at AP wish I could be there to meet you but maybe another time.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card-very classy. I'd love to going to Ally Pally but too far to visit in one day and I go on my holidays in a weeks time so am working extra to clear the decks!
    Hope you have a great time & meet lots of your blog followers.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John,
    Wow! outstanding card, love it. Have a great time at Ally Pally.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John, a classic card in cream. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card John, very elegant. Nice change of colour scheme for a Christmas card. Have a great time at Ally Pally, wish I could go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eh up John
    Well this card looks just as delightful in real life (and sadly the wire reindeer was too big to hide in my handbag lol!).
    Safe travels matey,especially in this weather.
    Enjoy your moment!
    Ang x

    ps. . . No he doesn't bite, unless there's cheese involved lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John. Stunning card. Love all the dies and the very pretty embossing folder. Have a great time at Ally Pally. Sadly can't make it but one year i will.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John,
    Oh my word this is stunning....Sue Wilson an Creative Expressions must be so pleased they chose you for their design team as you show their products off so beautifully. Enjoy your time at AP and hope you get to meat some of your favourite designers too.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. a fab card ,so elegant looking ,good luck at the show [have a ball],Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  12. This moves Christmas cards into a different class. Enjoy your time at Ally Pally, really wish I could get there, some day perhaps!
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning John this card is beautiful. I just love the way the colours compliment each other. Hoping to catch up with you tomorrow Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty card John, but being a traditionalist, I'd have made the poinsettias in red. I wish I could be at Ally Pally and come and meed you all. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning card John, so elegant. All being well I hope to meet you tomorrow and in case you still don't yet know the CE email indicates that you are demo-ing at 3pm!! best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have just noticed the new photo you have put up.Good luck on the classes ,would love to go [not possible from Ireland ],Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John,
    safe journey to Ally Pally.
    I do hope you have the most fab time demonstrating your wonderful talents on the CE stand.
    The people are in for a real treat when they see you demonstrating.
    Thank you for your kind words yesterday.
    My DH has said I could spend the money I would have spent getting there, and
    what I would have spent.
    So you know who's dies I have bought.

    Now at long last your superb card today.
    I love this super design, and all your super work that created it.
    That's why you are where you are.
    Good luck for the weekend.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab card John - luv the poinsettias xx have a fantastic day tomorrow xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete